Ronaldo offers himself to Barcelona, unhappy at Man United

McQueen

A few outlets reporting this story this morning, but all seem to have taken it from this article in the Sun. Some quite specific facts in here.

What say FF? A load of clickbait or is there some truth in this story?

Last edited:
I would expect there is truth in it,

Looks like he signed for Man U without realizing how shite they actually are v the teams they are up against
Barcelona aren’t much better mate.

Both 7th. At least United are still in the Champions League.

Doesn’t make much sense to me. United have a new manager coming in the summer and they have money to spend. Barcelona are garbage in comparison to others in the league and they are operating under a wage restriction.

Doesn’t make much sense to me. United have a new manager coming in the summer and they have money to spend. Barcelona are garbage in comparison to others in the league and they are operating under a wage restriction.
He'd still bag 40 goals a season at Barca though which is probably what he cares about the most. I doubt it'll happen, but it would make sense from a Barca POV. They need a big name to sell shirts and they can't afford Mbappe or Haaland, so Ronaldo isn't a bad shout. They'll get 2-3 years out of him at least and make a shit load of cash doing so, even if they don't win any major trophies.

He'd still bag 40 goals a season at Barca though which is probably what he cares about the most. I doubt it'll happen, but it would make sense from a Barca POV. They need a big name to sell shirts and they can't afford Mbappe or Haaland, so Ronaldo isn't a bad shout. They'll get 2-3 years out of him at least and make a shit load of cash doing so, even if they don't win any major trophies.
If he does end up at Camp Nou it will sum him up perfectly.

Tbh Man U have just realised what Juve found out.

Ronaldo ruins your team as he can't be part of a press. He demands the team is set up around him & is designed to just feed him for goals. Not only is this terrible to watch but the top teams will dismantle this in the modern game.

Wouldn't surprise me if he demands a move due to limited game time.

From one piss poor side to another, why would he ruin his legacy at Real Madrid to play in a Barcelona side that's playing in the conference league?

If he goes anywhere it should be back to Sporting Lisbon.

A few outlets reporting this story this morning, but all seem to have taken it from this article in the Sun. Some quite specific facts in here.

What say FF? A load of clickbait or is there some truth in this story?

Must be true if The Sun say so :))

Complete pish

Ronaldo ruins your team as he can't be part of a press. He demands the team is set up around him & is designed to just feed him for goals. Not only is this terrible to watch but the top teams will dismantle this in the modern game.

Can a team with a mix of players like Shaw, Telles, Lindelof, Maguire, Fred, McTominay, Rashford and Fernandes really be ruined? Does it not need to be in a state to be ruined in the first place

Last edited:
Clickbait shite if you ask me. He had the chance to go to Man City but knocked that back because of his ties to Man Utd. He's not going to ruin his legacy at Real Madrid so he can try and win the Europa League with Barca.

3 clubs in 12 months rule surely stops this until the summer?

Played for Juventus in Serie A this season so it's a non starter this window.

I wonder which Real Madrid legends will phone him in the summer telling him he can't sign for Barca ? I'll go for Ancelotti, Xabi Alonso and Iker Casillas.

Yeh he's garbage. 687 goals and 231 assists in 914 club appearances. Another 115 goals for Portugal.

That includes 101 goals in 135 appearances for Juventus. He went there in 18/19 and won the Serie A title in his first 2 years. Although they lost the title last season he was still top scorer in the league. Amazing how long it took them to find out how bad he was! :))

I'll have a pint of whatever you've been drinking mate

Didn’t they just spend £55m on Torres. Seems strange after the summer they had

Disagree. Utds defence and midfield are honking. That’s where their problems lie.

Ole no longer being at the wheel would make anybody contemplate their next move. Probably fancies a winter somewhere a wee bit warmer than Madchester United.

Your point about his physical abilities may have some merit, but the Man Utd team in general is absolutely honking and that’s the main issue.

Put whatever manager you want in charge of that squad and there’s a limit on its capabilities, and it’s nowhere near challenging for honours.

Your point about his physical abilities may have some merit, but the Man Utd team in general is absolutely honking and that’s the main issue.

Put whatever manager you want in charge of that squad and there’s a limit on its capabilities, and it’s nowhere near challenging for honours.
For the money spent it’s laughable how bad they are. Maguire and Wan Basaka for £130m must be up there for least value for money signings in the history of football.

Fred and McTomminay in the middle of the park will win you nothing. Matic still getting a game here and there when he looked done towards the end of his Chelsea career years ago now. Same with Mata.

Why not, he was about to sign for City was he not. He doesn’t give a toss about the clubs he plays for or their fans, because it’s all about him, his personal glory and his cash at the end of the day.
I doubt Ronaldo will give one flying f uck what you think.

Can a team with a mix of players like Shaw, Telles, Lindelof, Maguire, Fred, McTominay, Rashford and Fernandes really be ruined? Does it not need to be in a state to be ruined in the first place

True but he was signed to help turn that around. The reality is that he's never going to be part of a decent medium term solution & for the reasons I stated I don't think hes even worth considering in the short term

A fantastic role model if you want to be a selfish prick, play only for your own personal glory and to constantly stroke your own ego while throwing the toys out the pram the minute things don’t go your way, sure.
He’s a great role model, He shows what hard work will bring you.
They way he treats his fans is second to none. The charity work and his donations around the world are to be applauded

Not ones that are meant to be playing as part of a team.

At the absolute top level of sport, course there is, give Last Dance a watch you will see 2 from one of the greatest teams in sports history, Kobe Bryant the same, LeBron James, same and these are people who are referenced as some of the best ever at their sport, selfish, self centered pr*cks who massively play for their own glory and ego, they wouldn't reach that level without that

Ronaldo, Zlatan, Messi, only have to see how he reacted to Zlatan, Gerrard.

At the top, top level there is a massive amount of selfish self centered ego to it.

Back