Ronaldo offers himself to Barcelona, unhappy at Man United

True but he was signed to help turn that around. The reality is that he's never going to be part of a decent medium term solution & for the reasons I stated I don't think hes even worth considering in the short term

Which shows the mythical unicorn Man United as a club ride around TBH, which is a far deeper issue than Ronaldo.

If Man City had signed Ronaldo and been using him rather than Jesus he would have made a difference to them and excelled them to an even higher level IMO, that's not to say Jesus is poor, he isn't, but different as an option would have been of use, the notion he wouldn't have offered a form of fix or solution there is a bit farfetched to me, even in this day and age there can be some element of accommodating a player.

Yeh he's garbage. 687 goals and 231 assists in 914 club appearances. Another 115 goals for Portugal.

That includes 101 goals in 135 appearances for Juventus. He went there in 18/19 and won the Serie A title in his first 2 years. Although they lost the title last season he was still top scorer in the league. Amazing how long it took them to find out how bad he was! :))

I'll have a pint of whatever you've been drinking mate

Juve signed him to win the Champions League. They exited early in every season he was there.

Chellini & Bonucci were both very vocal about his impact. Allegri wanted shot of him a few seasons early. All for the same points that I raised, he demands a team set up to benefit him. This ruins the style of play & is easy for top teams to play vs.

Yeh he's garbage. 687 goals and 231 assists in 914 club appearances. Another 115 goals for Portugal.

That includes 101 goals in 135 appearances for Juventus. He went there in 18/19 and won the Serie A title in his first 2 years. Although they lost the title last season he was still top scorer in the league. Amazing how long it took them to find out how bad he was! :))

I'll have a pint of whatever you've been drinking mate

They wanted rid of him the season before last by all accounts, although mainly due to wages.

You've posted his Juve stats which are impressive but it's also part of the issue. At Juventus all Ronaldo cared about was Ronaldo scoring goals.

He won the league in the first two seasons...but they'd also won the previous 5/6/7 I think. He was signed to propel them to Champions League glory. Instead they went backwards massively. The same is true in domestic cups as well.

Which shows the mythical unicorn Man United as a club ride around TBH, which is a far deeper issue than Ronaldo.

If Man City had signed Ronaldo and been using him rather than Jesus he would have made a difference to them and excelled them to an even higher level IMO, the notion he wouldn't have offered a form of fix or solution there is a bit farfetched to me, even in this day and age there can be some element of accommodating a player.

I honestly don't think City were ever seriously interested despite all the heavy agent/paper talk.

Can't think of a bigger clash than the one between Pep & his demands / team style & Ronaldo.

Of course there is an element of accommodating any player but Ronaldo isn't any player & his age/physical limitations have a big impact on what you can do.

I honestly don't think City were ever seriously interested despite all the heavy agent/paper talk.

Can't think of a bigger clash than the one between Pep & his demands / team style & Ronaldo.

Of course there is an element of accommodating any player but Ronaldo isn't any player & his age/physical limitations have a big impact on what you can do.

I would expect they were, there was far too much in it for there not to be anything in it.

Pep had previously signed a player like Zlatan in the hope it could excel and kick his team on to another level.

Correct TBF, it was disingenuous on my part to just refer to him as any player.

He should go and play in one of the retirement leagues like the MLS.

Age has caught up to him and he can't run like he used to, so can't join the press or track back.

I would expect they were, there was far too much in it for there not to be anything in it.

Pep had previously signed a player like Zlatan in the hope it could excel and kick his team on to another level.

Correct TBF, it was disingenuous on my part to just refer to him as any player.

Aye maybe as there was a heck of a lot of media talk. Who knows whether there was serious interest or not. I just found the whole saga very strange

81u9iUolzPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

He'd still bag 40 goals a season at Barca though which is probably what he cares about the most. I doubt it'll happen, but it would make sense from a Barca POV. They need a big name to sell shirts and they can't afford Mbappe or Haaland, so Ronaldo isn't a bad shout. They'll get 2-3 years out of him at least and make a shit load of cash doing so, even if they don't win any major trophies.
Spot on. Both will make a ridiculous amount of cash out of this deal. Probably save Barcelona too

Tbh Man U have just realised what Juve found out.

Ronaldo ruins your team as he can't be part of a press. He demands the team is set up around him & is designed to just feed him for goals. Not only is this terrible to watch but the top teams will dismantle this in the modern game.
That’s got nothing to do with Ronaldo though.

That’s on the teams that bought him. They knew exactly what they were getting when they signed him.

He left Real Madrid because of the tax laws in Spain. Unless those have changed then I don't see him returning to Spain as it would damage his wealth.

Last edited:
At the highest level, he’s an impact sub these days. No shame in that: he’d be an asset to most clubs in the world in that respect. But wants to play every minute if every game and, like Messi, can’t/won’t do the graft that they all require of their players.

Tbh Man U have just realised what Juve found out.

Ronaldo ruins your team as he can't be part of a press. He demands the team is set up around him & is designed to just feed him for goals. Not only is this terrible to watch but the top teams will dismantle this in the modern game.

Wouldn't surprise me if he demands a move due to limited game time.
And yet he’s dragged them out the mud on various occasions this season already…

A few outlets reporting this story this morning, but all seem to have taken it from this article in the Sun. Some quite specific facts in here.

What say FF? A load of clickbait or is there some truth in this story?

Lota p!sh

A fantastic role model if you want to be a selfish prick, play only for your own personal glory and to constantly stroke your own ego while throwing the toys out the pram the minute things don’t go your way, sure.
4 European cups in 5 years in a bang average Real Madrid side. Does he get all the credit due to his “personal glory” or is it possible they won it as a team?

“A SPANISH NEWSPAPER has hilariously joked that Cristiano Ronaldo has offered himself to Barcelona as he is unhappy at Manchester United.”

Has anybody actually bothered to read the article? It literally says that the story is a joke, made up by a Spanish newspaper for their equivalent of April Fool's Day, which is Dec 28 over there.
Just about to type the same thing, it says its a joke by 2nd paragraph
Shows how many people read a headline then repeat it without checking proper story

I doubt spending a season or two at Barca is really worth destroying his legacy at Real Madrid over.

Really is a non-story and I'm surprised it gained traction.

Edit: Ah it was a joke. Crack on, then :D

I would expect there is truth in it,

Looks like he signed for Man U without realizing how shite they actually are v the teams they are up against
Looks like he’s being asked to work like fu*k in training and doesn’t fancy it?

Oh aye all evidence about his career would suggest a player with a poor work ethic and attitude to training.
He’s never really played a pressing game and a lot of analysis lately does suggest their plan doesn’t fit with him so I’d say yes it maybe does suggest this.

Could Barcelona afford him wage wise? That’s the reason they has to offload Messi and they are looking at senior players taking massive wage cuts to get their wage bill below the 103% of turnover it is currently at.

If I was him and had enough money to do what I want, I would have liked to have went to a smaller team and see how I could have taken them up a level. Not a small club like a 4th division but teams like Wolfsburg, Torino, or Espanyol. Or another option would have been to go to a lower league team who used to be a big team like Deportivo La Coruna or Parma.

But TBH Ronaldo himself is a business, so he may need to get as high a level club or 1 that can at least give him maximum exposure, we know Barca is a rich basket case now, but it will give him exposure.

He’s never really played a pressing game and a lot of analysis lately does suggest their plan doesn’t fit with him so I’d say yes it maybe does suggest this.

Well that's BS, under Ferguson with Tevez, Rooney and Park playing United, with Ronaldo, pressed the ball as well as any side I have seen

Ragnik openly praised him for his work in the press after the game v Palace, he had his highest number of presses this season in the win v Arsenal when he was excellent in general during that game, since the change of manager his work in that area has been fine, against Newcastle Man United as a team were completely hideous Fred, McTominary, Rashford, no platform to build from TBH.

Was his "press" sh*t under Solskjaer? Man United were a tactical shambles under him so likely was due to the rudderless nonsense they played, as they weren't a well coached side.

The work ethic of Ronaldo has never been the issue some would have it made out to be, with Carrick and what he said recently, a bit of a myth TBH the press thing that is levelled at him. In the list of issues causing Man U to be gash this season, Ronaldo and pressing is well, well down it.

Manchester United re-signing him was to protect the commercial legacy of their greatest ever player. That couldn't have happened if he'd signed for City.

Madrid selling him when they did was an incredible bit of business. Remarkably, despite him being at Madrid for nearly ten years, they made a profit on his transfer when they sold him to Juventus!

Talk of "the press" is out of control in football these days. A forward can still offer an effective defence by shutting down passing lanes and taking up intelligent positions. The current Rangers forward does it pretty well actually.

Don't blame him.

Why spend the twilight of your career in grimness of Northern England and playing in a piss poor side when you've made your money and could live it up in Spain, the US or wherever else.

100%

Although he's rich enough to go wherever he wants whenever he wants, surely guaranteed daily sun and sea trumps bloody Manchester.

How's this even being discussed?

Barca are more basket case than Man United! Not to mention he's a Madrid icon, he's not going to go there.

The Ronaldo to City thing was a done deal until pep demanded it was shut down. Seemingly United capitalised and Ronaldo went there as there was no other offers on the table due to his wage demands. At no point was United considered until there was no other option

That would just be a sensationally weird move. Absolutely bonkers on his behalf in fact.

I can see why he would want away from Man Utd. In fact, I can't see why he wanted to come back in all honesty.

Maybe he should just come to Rangers on a cut price wage and see how that goes first.

Has the Sun article been updated? It’s now making it clear this was posted on the Spanish equivalent of April Fools Day, and was done as a prank.

“Spain celebrate their equivalent of April Fool's Day on December 28 and Mundo Deportivodreamed up the incredible story as a prank.”

Back