Alfredo called up

I'd expect both teams to push for a postponement. Their midfield will be pretty bare without Rogic and new Japanese recruits.
Two Japanese probably won't get called up and the main one is injured

If we are without Alfie, Aribo, possibly Sands, Roofe and injured players Davis and Arfield this game will not get changed. GVB as already said we should play too he'll look stupid on that front.

With 40m on the line, and given the fixtures got moved to suit celtic in the first place, it would be dereliction of duty from the board not to request a postponement if either sands or roofe get called up and it gives us 3.
At the time of the vote they should have demanded and publicised that 1. new signings could not play in games rearranged from pre-window and 2. that the games would be postponed if international call ups depleted playing squads

Morelos Aribo Roofe Sands are all likely to be missing on international duty, so who else do we have that will be flying off to other continents?

He probably won’t even play, meanwhile we will go into key games with Itten and Wright playing unless we strengthen before the window closes

That mob are going to be missing a few players also so I’d expect them to ask for the game to be postponed and the SPFL will claim the game is too big a fixture to have on a Wednesday night to justify it being moved.

That'd be rubbish though. Been plenty of midweek OF matches over the years.

I don’t care who is missing, we should not be requesting the game to be postponed. We have players, who while not just as good as those maybe missing, can still do a job on them.

No fear.
It’s hard to agree with your after watching us come out our winter break blocks last night, we’re terrible at the winter restarts!!!

Can someone remind me why the games weren’t rescheduled in order? Why are we not playing Celtic next after Aberdeen?
Because they were fitted in available dates - one which was new due to them moving the break forward

I’m saying it’s one of many things that have gone against us this season and it just never ends. The aberdeen and Celtic matches should already be done and dusted with us sitting a minimum of 10 points clear. We now go into the piggery minus half a dozen players having already spilled two crucial points at pittodrie. Who plays up front with no Morelos in these games? It’s a disaster no matter what way you spin it
It’s not ideal and of course it would be far better if we had a full strength squad going there but I’m certainly not conceding the league

I don’t care who is missing, we should not be requesting the game to be postponed. We have players, who while not just as good as those maybe missing, can still do a job on them.

No fear.
That’s fantasy land nonsense mate. 40m on this season. Chance to break the wheel and become the dominant side financially and stabilise the club. On what planet should we happily weaken our chances of that because of ‘no fear’.

No fear.
Possibility of no Morelos , Aribo, Roofe and Sands but we will do a job on them? Love the No Surrender attitude but that seriously hinders our chances

Reactions: VGM
Alfie got called up 10 minutes ago. Did you expect a replacement to be announced already?

I can't see us signing new players just because of international call ups either tbh, regardless of which games are affected.
I’m not on about just because of the call up

Personally I feel we’ve needed to strengthen our creative options since the summer and done nothing and probably be the same this transfer window
Just feel at times we miss a spark of magic
Especially in games similar to last night

Possibility of no Morelos , Aribo, Roofe and Sands but we will do a job on them? Love the No Surrender attitude but that seriously hinders our chances

Not a great 24 hours but they will be without Rogic, Turnbull and Kyogo are out injured and have the possibility of a couple of the Japanese guys and vickers gets called up, that's a big drop off for them as well. Keep hearing how we have by far the strongest squad in the country, time to show it.

Representing his country is his dream. All we'd get by refusing him to go is him being pissed off and uninterested in games.
But if he doesn't play,it benefits no one. Yes,no doubt it's his dream but to go all that way just to sit on the bench with the traveling and everything really would go against the grain. Roofe I'm not too concerned over,due to his match fitness and lack of pace, especially in an old firm game.

It's the principal that annoys me. They shouldn't be allowed to interfere with our national sport to the level that bastardised team is allowed to, with their media and authorities.
The desperation was evident last night due to how little regard the referee and media has on fair play and it's just as evident with this situation. We must be public regarding this and ensure we do what we can to postpone their game until we get Morelos and our internationals back.

Not a great 24 hours but they will be without Rogic, Turnbull and Kyogo are out injured and have the possibility of a couple of the Japanese guys and vickers gets called up, that's a big drop off for them as well. Keep hearing how we have by far the strongest squad in the country, time to show it.
I dont believe the Furuhashi talk tbh. Cnuts talk with forked tongue

Personally I feel we’ve needed to strengthen our creative options since the summer and done nothing and probably be the same this transfer window

Fair enough, I think we need to strengthen midfield and right wing. The way your post read was you wanted replacements just for the players missing on international duty (imo).

It just seems as if the Board are sitting on their hands on this,we all agree business is business but in terms of transparency I think they're lacking some what. Everyone knew we needed strengthening,even before we won the league. We really need to stop handing out 4/5 year contracts to bang average players. The amount of wages they take up could have bought us a better quality of player. I trust the Board 100 percent,just wish they'd be a bit more open.

Back