VAR, surely even the sceptics among our fan base would be happy for it now.

hhss

How many decisions last night could have been changed with VAR?

No penalty. Imo, arm was at his side and he didn’t move it

Hayes. Wee rat would have been off.

Kent, wouldn’t have been off.

Others???

It's the sams twats behind the screens tho is it not?
Referees can get away with it “I didn’t see it from that angle” blah blah.

Watching a few re-runs from different angles, there’s no room for cheating really.

It was a penalty.

Kent would have been off, VAR can’t challenge second yellow cards.

Hayes would have been off, agreed.
I’m sure I’ve seen 2nd yellows/red being overturned by refs on the pitch. Can’t remember exactly who it was. Not 100% tbf.

Edit, May have been a red.

How many decisions last night could have been changed with VAR?

No penalty. Imo, arm was at his side and he didn’t move it

Hayes. Wee rat would have been off.

Kent, wouldn’t have been off.

Others???
I am now in favour of it.

Agree. The only thing changing last night with VAR is a penalty for Aberdeen and McGregor sent off.
And the ball moving before the penalty was struck, the ridiculous Kent bookings and the smack in the face to Barisic totally ignored!

Mandatory for reducing the blatant cheating imo

Plus natural errors in non Clancy / Beaton games can be improved for every team

It will be the same corrupt cabal monitoring VAR. The scum would win the treble every year with it.
And people think it’s bad enough now with the compliance officer……

VAR definitely awards their penalty. Literally seen the exact same happen in the Real Madrid game the other night.

I’m not so sure mate about the penalty, his arm is by his side and doesn’t move. Certainly contentious.
Barisic was pushed in the back by the guy heading the ball. Rangers would have got a free kick before the handball.

McGregor would not have been sent off. The rule is that he would have been booked as it was an attempt to play the ball

They might have got a penalty, but there was still plenty time to get back into it.

The penalty they did get would have been ruled out due to the pushing on Borna.

Even if for nothing else it would eradicate a lot of the cheating at set plays, which has been statistically proven to be the case in England as the risk of penalties and free kicks is vastly increased.

Penalty would have stood rightly
but would’ve been retaken.

They’d probably have had a penalty for the McGregor incident.

Kent would still have a red card.

Hayes would’ve walked

Penalty to them would have meant we don't go up the other end and score.

Even with VAR last night based iron the timings of the decisions we likely get beaten.

Said it a million times, may as well say it again.

VAR would do us more favours that it wouldn’t. All the “honest mistakes” would have to be scrutinised in such a way that the age old “I didn’t see it” excuse couldn’t be a credible defence for the honest mistake brigade.

In a worst case scenario, there would still come a tipping point that if all these dubious decisions kept happening then questions could be viably asked.

Ask Clancy about Hayes last night. “I didn’t see it” will be the cop out. PROVE HE’S A LIAR. You can’t. Show him a VAR screen and let him wriggle out of that one.

Yes, last night we would have risked a penalty and Shagger off but that’s the way it is. VAR will go against you sometimes. But I firmly believe it would more than equal itself out for us.

If anything that game gives me even less confidence in Var.

You can go through every call saying this would be done, that changed, etc etc, but the only thing for sure is that the ref was cheating and he couldnt have cared less about correct calls or what actually happened. He can still give whatever he wants and see what he wants to see that wont be ending.

The linesman watching the elbows to the face from 5 yards is another example of just how bad things are at the moment in refereeing and how much damage Celtic have done to the game.

If anything that game gives me even less confidence in Var.

You can go through every call saying this would be done, that changed, etc etc, but the only thing for sure is that the ref was cheating and he couldnt have cared less about correct calls or what actually happened. He can still give whatever he wants and see what he wants to see that wont be ending.

The linesman watching the elbows to the face from 5 yards is another example of just how bad things are at the moment in refereeing and how much damage Celtic have done to the game.
Even just the highlighted bit….. So you don’t think everyone from Sky pundits and commentators to the ordinary punters watching that as clear as day wouldn’t be wondering how VAR could miss it and just shrug the shoulders and get on with the game? Rather than the eyes selectively painted on act that we have, and crucially, have no wave to disprove?

I don't want it if there is any possibility that it's being administered by anyone involved in the Scottish game.
If it was the same folk who administer it in England / European competition, then fair enough.

With VAR the likelihood is last night we’d have been celebrating a goal then had it disallowed and pulled back for a penalty at the other end. Don’t think the ball went out of play between the 2 incidents

If there was VAR then we would have had no McGregor and no goal.

As bad as Clancy as, a lot of the fouls like all the Brown incidents, there was contact there and would have stood.

If Clancy had VAR to look at, we’d end up with 8 players in every game.

VAR won’t be perfect but it will defintley help us long term. It won’t be as easy for the likes of Clancy to shaft us and we won’t get the sympathetic Scottish refs letting teams off with murder when we play them either. It has to be a good thing having more scrutiny on these guys they are being paid £1000 per game it’s time to earn it do your jobs

Even just the highlighted bit….. So you don’t think everyone from Sky pundits and commentators to the ordinary punters watching that as clear as day wouldn’t be wondering how VAR could miss it and just shrug the shoulders and get on with the game? Rather than the eyes selectively painted on act that we have, and crucially, have no wave to disprove?
People can wonder whatever they like the linesman didnt need 100 replays he had the best view in the place of it happening not once but twice, and he completely ignored it because it was our player with a bust face. He could quite easily sit watching in on 12 screens and blank it altogether so can Clancy and on last nights evidence im pretty sure he would.

Theres just as many debates and folk complaining about VAR in England as there was before it came in and as far as i know(dont follow it) the EPL does not have corruption issue.

Last edited:
People can wonder whatever they like the linesman didnt need 100 replays he had the best view in the place of it happening not once but twice, and he completely ignored it because it was our player with a bust face. He could quite easily sit watching in on 12 screens and blank it altogether so can Clancy and on last nights evidence im pretty sure he would.

Theres just as many debates and folk complaining about VAR in England as there was before it came in and as far as i know(dont follow it) the EPL does not have corruption issue.

The point you lot miss about Var is
If you honestly think VAR would be able to gloss over Hayes last night then there’s no point having the debate.

Back