Kevin Thomson defends his mate Scott Brown

I got slated once for saying I didn't really want him commentating on Rangers Hibs games.

Feels like people have been living under a false notion he bleeds royal blue.

He gave his all for us like an ultimate pro. But he's not a 'Rangers man'
He was very pro hibs in that recent game

If anyone has seen Thomson at the Heart and Hand nights you'll know he's very open and honest.

Supported Hibs growing up, has Roy Keane as his hero and is best friends with Brown.

He's also (sadly, perhaps) under no obligation to defend Rangers in the media. He isn't a full time, permanent employee. He's Kelty Hearts manager, a media pundit, a former Rangers employee and Hibs fan who is still best friends with Brown.

I do think his choice of words here is a bit unfortunate and he's called it wrong but Thomson is a lot of things to lots of people and, at this moment in his career, isn't really under any obligation to call things in a way that might ingratiate himself to the Rangers support. I also don't imagine many people will remember this if (in what, a decade's time?) he's ever seriously considered for Rangers manager as a result of great success elsewhere. In the space of ten weeks Gerrard went from being Judas to a potential return in the legends' game being treated like Jesus' arrival to Jerusalem on a donkey. We'll get over it.

Speaking on BBC Sportsound, he said: "Anyone can knock him but the reason he’s done so well is the reason there is so much animosity towards him from other fans.

"If you’re not big enough and brave enough handle Scott Brown winding you up then that’s on you.

"He does what he does and has had a brilliant career and continues to do and if ever you wanted a chance to knock him off his pedestal then this would be it and some of them still struggle.

"It’s not the way I was or what I would do but Scotty is his own person and gets to do what he wants to do.

"He’s had an unbelievable career that anyone in Scotland could only dream of.

"You need to be big enough and hard enough to deal with it. If you can’t deal with Scott Brown winding you up then that’s your problem.

"I played with and against Scott and he’s one of my good mates – I’d go to the gutter for him any day of the week and vice versa.

"I love him to bits and I’ve had to say that in front of 500 Rangers fans in a social club before and get booed but I won’t change for anyone and it’s the same for Scott.

"When we played in Old Firms against each other there was no banter - we want to war. When I played with him we went to war together.

"You would want him in the trenches with you and Aberdeen have landed on their feet getting Scott Brown.

"He’s been on one side of the Old Firm and one side doesn’t like him and the other love him."
Aye Kev, he gets to do what he wants to do and never gets punished the dirty fcukn rhat That he is.
Alfie’s big enough and brave enough but the dirty conniving diving rhat just gets Alfie red carded.
Big Bassey stood up to him and he shat it.
I don’t give e fcuk if he’s you’re mate he’s a horrible overrated dog

Speaking on BBC Sportsound, he said: "Anyone can knock him but the reason he’s done so well is the reason there is so much animosity towards him from other fans.

"If you’re not big enough and brave enough handle Scott Brown winding you up then that’s on you.

"He does what he does and has had a brilliant career and continues to do and if ever you wanted a chance to knock him off his pedestal then this would be it and some of them still struggle.

"It’s not the way I was or what I would do but Scotty is his own person and gets to do what he wants to do.

"You need to be big enough and hard enough to deal with it. If you can’t deal with Scott Brown winding you up then that’s your problem.

"I played with and against Scott and he’s one of my good mates – I’d go to the gutter for him any day of the week and vice versa.

"I love him to bits and I’ve had to say that in front of 500 Rangers fans in a social club before and get booed but I won’t change for anyone and it’s the same for Scott.

"When we played in Old Firms against each other there was no banter - we want to war. When I played with him we went to war together.

"You would want him in the trenches with you and Aberdeen have landed on their feet getting Scott Brown.

"He’s been on one side of the Old Firm and one side doesn’t like him and the other love him."
he had a free run at it for years as soon as we got back on track the lego muncher was soon embarrassed in every old firm we played if it wasnt kamara is was kent showing him up

It’s very poor from Thomson and as much as Brown is his mate.
He should really think before he speaks.

I listened to the full interview and before anyone starts putting the boot into he came across brilliantly and admitted his goal was to manage Rangers one day, btw I'm all for him defending Brown, he has don't his gig for years and we should never have allowed him the opportunity to take the pee out of us last week. I urge anyone commenting that "that should be the end of him managing us " etc to listen to it!

Thomson trying to defend the indefensible - do us all a favour Kevin - leave it out if you want your integrity intact with fellow Rangers fans.

Brown is a fcuking rat and acts like a shettleston harrier - we get it he’s your mate leave it there.

I'll disagree with you there KT.. your mate is slimeball and a cheat it's really that simple!!!

Put on a show for the cameras the day Walter passed away.
Took every opportunity to goad the fans at Ibrox the next day.

An utterly classless piece of shit.

On a night that was all about Kevins former manager, Brown wanted to make himself the story.

Thomson trying to defend the indefensible - do us all a favour Kevin - leave it out if you want your integrity intact with fellow Rangers fans.

Brown is a fcuking rat and acts like a shettleston harrier - we get it he’s your mate leave it there.
Too late for me and will be or should be I don't want him on rtv again and I can see the board agreeing, this is a real rhat, not someone who craves to manage a club he loves.

I personally wish Rangers TV wouldn't use him. Not just for this garbage. I find much of his co commentary boring.

Yeah, Brown is up on a pedestal. KT opening his mouth and letting his belly rumble here. Brown has always been a wind up type player. Is that good?

Brown is an utter scumbag of a human being, Kevin you are guilty of associating, For me your as bad as arseholes like Alex Rae and that Balloon Gordon Dalziel.

Maybe be better if you keep your opinions to yourself.

I listened to the full interview and before anyone starts putting the boot into he came across brilliantly and admitted his goal was to manage Rangers one day, btw I'm all for him defending Brown, he has don't his gig for years and we should never have allowed him the opportunity to take the pee out of us last week. I urge anyone commenting that "that should be the end of him managing us " etc to listen to it!
None of ours "allowed" brown anything, it was brown's wee pet clancy allowed it.

KT would be well advised to understand that his “mate” is a scumbag. The lowest of the low. One who feigned injury to get a fellow pro sent off then sarcastically applauded him off the park.

There has been a few things lately that has made me realise KT isn’t all he’s cracked up to be.

Scott Brown resorts to cheating because he's shite and an arsehole

Sorry KT your boy is a pathetic w@nk of a man

Cheated to get a fellow pro sent off there is no excuse for that

Thomson may consider Brown a friend which is fair enough but condoning a cheat is way out of order and disrespectful to Rangers who made him a wealthy man and stood by him through serious injury and supporters who backed him 100% during his time with us

He has went way down my estimation but
is just the latest in a long line of ex Rangers players who seem quite happy to not stand up in the media for the team

Pathetic comments from KT. A friend is just that but KT should be big enough to tell his friend he was wrong.
I’ve always thought very highly of him both as a player and in his coaching capacity however if his comments truly reflect his professional management ethos then he shouldn’t be welcomed back at Ibrox in any influential role.

Thomson showing he has neither the moral fibre nor the common sense or decency to be a Rangers manager. Needs to be kept as far away from Ibrox as possible - him and his 30 pieces of silver.

KT needs to take a step back and realise Brown is nothing more than a cheating scumbag who feigns injury to get a fellow pro sent off

His behaviour is pathetic and should be condemned

If KT wants to be a future Rangers Manager he needs to realise his personal friendships need to take a back seat

Brown is a cheating prick who has zero respect for fellow pros.

What exactly did Ryan Kent “fall for”?
This. None of our players reacted to his antics. In fact I'll go as far to say the players were warned before the game not to react, as they all acted very professionally I thought under them circumstances. Yet he still was able to get a player sent off. Which is why most of us and I suspect even the board think Clancy was complicit in what happened.

It’s his mate so he’s gonna back him. Non story here! He’s also right somewhat, brown is a clown and can do what he wants. The issue is Clancy and his pathetic officiating letting him do whatever he wants

I know you. You know his uncle. A family of bears yet you post pish about KT, who you have probably never met. Im sure KT is reading your post and sweating. Lol
Obviously you know more about me than I do about you,yes I do know persons related to him and have never met him.
Don't know why he would be sweating about my post!!! but if you are able to digest my post I said that he has gone down in my estimation/thoughts on returning to Ibrox in some capacity but not that I would not want him to,but suppose everyone has their own way of reading posts.
BTW as you obviously know of who I am are you brave enough to give a hint as to who you are????.

Brown's done it for years, even noised up the players and bears fans at Easter Road when he played for Hibs, that's his game, if the players fall into his trap then that's on them...for all the years he's done it some still fall for his nonsense, so that's on us and not him....think it's worse though some of our experienced players fell for his crap the other night when he's so irrelevant now.

If anyone has seen Thomson at the Heart and Hand nights you'll know he's very open and honest.

Supported Hibs growing up, has Roy Keane as his hero and is best friends with Brown.

He's also (sadly, perhaps) under no obligation to defend Rangers in the media. He isn't a full time, permanent employee. He's Kelty Hearts manager, a media pundit, a former Rangers employee and Hibs fan who is still best friends with Brown.

I do think his choice of words here is a bit unfortunate and he's called it wrong but Thomson is a lot of things to lots of people and, at this moment in his career, isn't really under any obligation to call things in a way that might ingratiate himself to the Rangers support. I also don't imagine many people will remember this if (in what, a decade's time?) he's ever seriously considered for Rangers manager as a result of great success elsewhere. In the space of ten weeks Gerrard went from being Judas to a potential return in the legends' game being treated like Jesus' arrival to Jerusalem on a donkey. We'll get over it.
Seems to me the biggest factor in this is what you have shared and we have seen before - Scott brown is a close friend .
As I posted earlier very much a cultural gap between what that is and what a Rangers mentality is . Let me present it another way would you imagine Davis or Arfield being close friends with SB mate

Just ruined my sunday night reading this because i love KT but he can go and take a f**k to himself after that pile a pish he’s just came out with. Very disappointing
Brown is one of his best mates. What else do you expect?

Seems to me the biggest factor in this is what you have shared and we have seen before - Scott brown is a close friend .
As I posted earlier very much a cultural gap between what that is and what a Rangers mentality is . Let me present it another way would you imagine Davis or Arfield being close friends with SB mate

No, but with Thomson we shouldn't be under any illusions - he's a Hibs fan and is friendly with former and current Hibs players. He didn't support Rangers growing up and doesn't work for us now.

I also don't think he makes those kind of statements if he was manager or involved in the club. It's his current position that has emboldened him to make those claims, as wrong as they may be.

He's going to defend his best mate. The main issue is Clancy. He's corrupt and should have dealt with Brown.
Folk are too stupid to see this is a media plant, make the story about Brown. The real story is right in front of them but they won’t report on it.

Oooh look there’s a squirrel ...

Back