Kevin Thomson defends his mate Scott Brown

He pretty much always takes the opposing view to anything rangers do(like the.bbc in general) he seemed flabbergasted and irritated that Colin hendry would call out Scott Brown so decided to bring it up with KT to get a rousing defence on the show. Regularly gets that ACSOM lot on the monday sportsound.

OK mate. I don’t listen to RS that much. I defer to your knowledge.

One wonders what KT's own personal views off air would be? Slightly different to the parental friendly views on air I'd bet.
"You're ma pal, yer a crackin guy off the park, but on the park yer an utter wank!"

If you can’t deal with Scott Brown winding you up then that’s your problem.

Nobody reacted to Brown, he cheated to con the ref. You would think Kent had retaliated or something.

Between this and his rambling nonsense about how Gio should have been bursting into the hampden dressing room at half time he maybe needs to start keeping his opinion to himself.

It’s the reason I hate this talk that often comes up that ‘we need a Scottish coach, someone who knows the game etc’. Glad Gio didn’t think similarly.

Scottish football is too parochial and insular. A lot of friendships with other players and media that can often impact/influence their job.

KT has never hidden his friendship with Brown which is fair enough and I agree to the extent of players shouldn’t buy his pish.

But diving to get a fellow professional sent off and then waving at him is the mark of a cun.t and something I think KT would have plenty to say about if his own side were on the receiving end of.
Kevin is out of order here.

I like Thomson but there is absolutely no defending of that dipshit of a clown. Brown is one of the most classless and unprofessional players in world football.

Rather rash comments from KT I think. Who cares if he is friends with brown? I certainly don't. A lot of his interviews seem to revolve around himself. How anyone can stick up for Browns on field thuggery for years is beyond me, and especially after the game the other night.
Brown is a bully to young players as has been documented on this forum for 10 years..
I liked KT as a player but never much cared for his commentary in RTV as he always seemed to revolve the match around his own experiences. Back when I was playing... etc etc.
As most have said in the thread already I doubt any Rangers supporters will back up or like his comments.

Who couldn’t handle him? No one reacted, no one hit out, no one lost their cool. He cheated and dived multiple times, the ref bought it (unsurprisingly) and his behaviour in general was embarrassing. He’s the most protected player in Scotland by referees and people in the media, it’s utterly bizarre.

" If you can’t deal with Scott Brown winding you up then that’s your problem."

Fair enough Kev but if you consider deliberately provoking an opponent by kicking him or stamping on his foot off the ball, as he has done many times, and then feigning injury afterwards, as he has done many times, is your definition of "winding you up" then I think you need a new definition.

Doesn't surprise me tbh. KT has always struck me as a Hibs fan who has an affinity with us - nothing more, nothing less.

The issue is will Scott Brown play the joker when he comes up against the bheasts? I think we all know the answer to that and that is the big problem. Tries like feck against us and doesn't do a jot against them but that kind of sums up Aberdeen.

That is what will make 56 all the sweeter.

No point in getting wound up by what Kevin Thomson will say about his pal. He's hardly going to come out and say he's a prick, is he?

Defending these two dicks hopefully will see his days on RTV coming to an end.
No idea who they get instead right enough, it seems every ex-Rangers player wants to be impartial to the point of being annoying. I wouldn't want Sutton or Hartson levels of bias but come on...

Meh, best pal sticks up for wanker best pal. Expected, he targets the players he knows will react also which is no surprise
Kent never reacted to anything - that's the problem. it's just somebody cheating to get one of our best players off the park.

Speaking on BBC Sportsound, he said: "Anyone can knock him but the reason he’s done so well is the reason there is so much animosity towards him from other fans.

"If you’re not big enough and brave enough handle Scott Brown winding you up then that’s on you.

"He does what he does and has had a brilliant career and continues to do and if ever you wanted a chance to knock him off his pedestal then this would be it and some of them still struggle.

"It’s not the way I was or what I would do but Scotty is his own person and gets to do what he wants to do.

"He’s had an unbelievable career that anyone in Scotland could only dream of.

"You need to be big enough and hard enough to deal with it. If you can’t deal with Scott Brown winding you up then that’s your problem.

"I played with and against Scott and he’s one of my good mates – I’d go to the gutter for him any day of the week and vice versa.

"I love him to bits and I’ve had to say that in front of 500 Rangers fans in a social club before and get booed but I won’t change for anyone and it’s the same for Scott.

"When we played in Old Firms against each other there was no banter - we want to war. When I played with him we went to war together.

"You would want him in the trenches with you and Aberdeen have landed on their feet getting Scott Brown.

"He’s been on one side of the Old Firm and one side doesn’t like him and the other love him."
Kevin, your mate’s a scumbag.

He dived and cheated and was facilitated by a compliant cheat.

What do you suggest Kent did there? Not close him down, stand ten yards off him? I can imagine the abuse he would have taken for that on here and at the game.

Probably 99.9% off bears were concerned about Clancy prior to that game. We knew he’d send someone off, the only shock was it wasn’t Morelos That’s not our players not being streetwise, it’s going to happen no matter what we do when we have Clancy refereeing our games.
Aye, very good

If only he was reffed to the same standards as everyone else eh Kevin, he's still got his Tim privilege pass so gets to cheat.

He won trophies when we were kicked down to the bottom league to give them a shot of winning, what a fucking hero.

Speaking on BBC Sportsound, he said: "Anyone can knock him but the reason he’s done so well is the reason there is so much animosity towards him from other fans.

"If you’re not big enough and brave enough handle Scott Brown winding you up then that’s on you.

"He does what he does and has had a brilliant career and continues to do and if ever you wanted a chance to knock him off his pedestal then this would be it and some of them still struggle.

"It’s not the way I was or what I would do but Scotty is his own person and gets to do what he wants to do.

"You need to be big enough and hard enough to deal with it. If you can’t deal with Scott Brown winding you up then that’s your problem.

"I played with and against Scott and he’s one of my good mates – I’d go to the gutter for him any day of the week and vice versa.

"I love him to bits and I’ve had to say that in front of 500 Rangers fans in a social club before and get booed but I won’t change for anyone and it’s the same for Scott.

"When we played in Old Firms against each other there was no banter - we want to war. When I played with him we went to war together.

"You would want him in the trenches with you and Aberdeen have landed on their feet getting Scott Brown.

"He’s been on one side of the Old Firm and one side doesn’t like him and the other love him."
Well, fc_uk you Thomson. Never again should this @rsewipe get airtime on RTV.

Kevin Thompson is not reading the room. If that's his opinion stay away from Ibrox cause nobody will agree with you. Even if it's your mate and it's your view keep your trap shut.
I defend any ex Rangers player normally no matter what they say or do, rightly or wrongly i don't turn on anything Rangers the way some do but this is unacceptable and one of the worse things said by an ex player.
I'm not a fan of KT when he co commentates on Rangers TV, i find him boring and a bit monotone, his Hibees patter when we play them is cack and all this it was different in my day pish is rank as well. When Gerrard left and at the early stages his name was mentioned gave me the absolute fear.
The powers that be at Ibrox don't need to make a scene over these comments but KT must never be back on Rangers TV again.
The effin clown.

no hes not, Brown does what he does because players fall for it, he targets those who he knows he can wind up, have you ever seen him try it on with Davis or Arfield?
He actually is.

Tell me how Tav fell for his cr@p the other night? He's goading our player and getting away with it because of the ref.

Show me how Kent fell for it the other night?

Going for the same ball.

Without the rhat in black he does not get away with it.

He's a Hibs fan first and foremost. And his best mate is Brown. Both of these facts have been known forever.

Rfc get him to feck off rtv, Thomson do one, you arselicker...you could have buttoned it, if he's one of your best mates then your struggling.

He actually is.

Tell me how Tav fell for his cr@p the other night? He's goading our player and getting away with it because of the ref.

Show me how Kent fell for it the other night?

Going for the same ball.

Without the rhat in black he does not get away with it.
100%. This wasn’t on our players. They never dived in or reacted at all.

Well KT, you've just gone down in my estimation.

I got slated once for saying I didn't really want him commentating on Rangers Hibs games.

Feels like people have been living under a false notion he bleeds royal blue.

He gave his all for us like an ultimate pro. But he's not a 'Rangers man'

Back