Any information on Ianis Hagi injury bears ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't exactly answer your question but his dad was quoted with the following:

Speaking to Romanian media, Gheorghe said: "We are waiting for the scan results, but we hope he's going to be fine.

"We hope it's a really minor complication, but nothing more than that. We are expecting a medical decision."

Good chance for Sakala, as Hagi has been Gio’s only blind spot so far.

The basic stats show that Sakala contributes far more in much less time on the park.

It looked like a clash of knees for Hagi, but you never know if it’s damaged something else.

I know top assists last season at only 22 he's utter pish , let's get him out and get 4/5 assists out of someone else
Didn’t say he’s “utter pish” though did i?

This season he’s been poor, non existent most weeks. Don’t see where he fits into this team.

How many of those assists last season you speak of were the 3rd or 4th in a romping victory?

Didn’t say he’s “utter pish” though did i?

This season he’s been poor, non existent most weeks. Don’t see where he fits into this team.

How many of those assists last season you speak of were the 3rd or 4th in a romping victory?
This is his league contributions last season. Most goals and assists came in either the first or second goals. He's struggled a bit this season but it's ridiculous to say he's not been a key player for us.

Opening goal vs Hamilton in a 2-0 win

Two assists vs Dundee United including the first goal, and then the fourth.

Assist against Hibs in a 2-2 draw to make it 2-1.

Assist against Ross County to make it 2-0.

Assist against Livingston to make it 1-0 in a 2-0 win

Assist against Motherwell to make it 2-1

Goal against St Johnstone to make it 3-0

Goal against Hibs in a 1-0 win

Assist vs St Mirren to make it 1-0

Assist vs Ross County to make it 4-0 in a 5-0 win

Goal against St Johnstone in a 1-0 win

Goal against Dundee United to make it 1-0 in a 4-1 win

Goal against St Mirren to make it 3-0

Goal against Livingston to make it 3-0

This is his league contributions last season. Most goals and assists came in either the first or second goals. He's struggled a bit this season but it's ridiculous to say he's not been a key player for us.

He’s been really poor this season, I’m not speaking about last season.

He’s been really poor this season, I’m not speaking about last season.
Must have imagined you saying this then?

"How many of those assists last season you speak of were the 3rd or 4th in a romping victory?"

He has struggled at times this season, but you've also said he's never been firing and suggested most of his assists last season came when we were cruising to victory, when they weren't and were in fact largely the opener or the second goal to kill the game.

Must have imagined you saying this then?

"How many of those assists last season you speak of were the 3rd or 4th in a romping victory?"

He has struggled at times this season, but you've also said he's never been firing and suggested most of his assists last season came when we were cruising to victory, when they weren't and were in fact largely the opener or the second goal to kill the game.
Because someone else brought up last season. I didn’t in my original post.

assist in europa league in GVB first game in europe

I’m not sure what last season has got to do with it, and I never will understand that viewpoint when we’re talking about who should be starting this season.

So far this season, Hagi has played in 1,774 minutes with 4 goals and 4 assists.

Sakala has played 1,022 minutes with 6 goals and 2 assists.

Hagi has played the equivalent of over 8 more full games than Sakala, you can’t argue that Sakala’s output isn’t comfortably better. Even with that in mind, he just works better wide right.

You actually didn't mention this season in your original post. You asked when has ever been firing? The stats show he was firing plenty last season. Out of form this season for the most part, sure, but nonsense to say he's never fired for us.
On this seasons form, he's not a miss. I still don't think he's ever been firing for us, does he ever put a run of games together? He doesn't drag us through any game where the team is struggling and we need a spark from someone.

Obviously has shown flashes and the stats last season show that - Surprised by that stats tbh.

Can't remember coming away from a game and thinking "how good was Hagi today"

Last edited:
I’m not sure what last season has got to do with it, and I never will understand that viewpoint when we’re talking about who should be starting this season.

So far this season, Hagi has played in 1,774 minutes with 4 goals and 4 assists.

Sakala has played 1,022 minutes with 6 goals and 2 assists.

Hagi has played the equivalent of over 8 more full games than Sakala, you can’t argue that Sakala’s output isn’t comfortably better. Even with that in mind, he just works better wide right.
I think it was down to the poster asking "when has Hagi ever been firing?"

Hopefully we'll see a couple of starts for Sakala now.

On this seasons form, he's not a miss. I still don't think he's ever been firing for us. He doesn't drag us through any game where the team is struggling and we need a spark from someone.

Obviously has shown flashes and the stats last season show that - Surprised by that stats tbh.

These bits just can't be serious.

On this seasons form, he's not a miss. I still don't think he's ever been firing for us, does he ever put a run of games together? He doesn't drag us through any game where the team is struggling and we need a spark from someone.

I thought he changed the new year old firm game last year at Ibrox. We were really struggling for a foothold and he came on and put his foot on the ball and we settled.

I dont think he's a player who's going to dominate matches the way Aribo or Kamara etc can. He's more of a moments player who'll pop up and play a killer pass to unlock a defence.

He's been poor lately, there is no getting away from that, but he's a good player.

Well it is. It's ok to critic Rangers players, not everyone is amazing because they play for us
Correct.

You don't seem to have that middle ground though.

You've honestly never left Ibrox thinking Hagi was the difference in a game?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you weren't at the two really obvious ones.

Correct.

You don't seem to have that middle ground though.

You've honestly never left Ibrox thinking Hagi was the difference in a game?
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you weren't at the two really obvious ones.
I do though, I don't think he's terrible. I just think we are better without him.

Haven't missed a game for years when we've been allowed to go, so you can assume again - Braga i take it one of them, no idea the other.

When has he ever been firing? Bar the odd flash he’s done very little for us.
Agreed. He’s a luxury player who slows us down if anything. He is talented but seldom delivers. Reminds me of Barry McKay in the sense that you get 2 good performances out of 10 from him. I certainly wouldn’t be starting him against them. He’s good against the lower sides when we need to pick the locks but that’s it.

I do though, I don't think he's terrible. I just think we are better without him.

Haven't missed a game for years when we've been allowed to go, so you can assume again - Braga i take it one of them, no idea the other.
So you were at the Braga game and didn't think Hagi performed particularly well?

The other really obvious game was his first start for us, against Hibs.

If you really think we are better without him, just check the results of games this season with and without him.

That'll be another of those things that surprises you.

So you were at the Braga game and didn't think Hagi performed particularly well?

The other really obvious game was his first start for us, against Hibs.

If you really think we are better without him, just check the results of games this season with and without him.

That'll be another of those things that surprises you.
I mean we got battered for 60 minutes that night. Says a lot you're going back 2 years ago for the 2 games though.

You think he makes our best 11?

He's as far away from a right winger as you can get and Aribo is miles ahead of him so not sure where you have him playing?

too much factual information there

In the words of David Edgar and the H&H guys ... Hagi is a moments player and those moments add up to contributing to league title wins

He is never going to be the type of player who takes control of a game and be noticed for long spells .... but with one pass or run he can make a difference

I for one love his attitude and commitment to the club

I mean we got battered for 60 minutes that night. Says a lot you're going back 2 years ago for the 2 games though.

You think he makes our best 11?

He's as far away from a right winger as you can get and Aribo is miles ahead of him so not sure where you have him playing?
You really need to check what you're posting mate.

First it was "when has he ever been firing" only for you to move your goalposts when the stats were presented to you.

Now it's "he doesn't drag us through any game when the team is struggling" and never thinking he played well, to wanting a time limit on it when the rather obvious games he's played well and dragged us through are highlighted.

Then it's onto "we're better without him" in spite of the fact that our results with him in the team are much better.

For the record, I've never said he's in my starting XI, that he's better than anyone, he's a right winger or that he can't be criticised just because he plays for Rangers.

All I've done is show how wrong you are to say he's never made a difference and tell you that we actually get better results with him in the team.

Hagi seems to be a very polarising figure.

But, for what it’s worth, whenever someone talks about how many assists etc he has….the phrase “lies, damn lies and statistics” comes to mind.

He’s flattered to deceive too often. He was poor in the first half of the title winning campaign. We had these discussions then and some people would say “ah he has x assists this season!”.

Fine. That’s important. He was still poor. He was ineffectual largely. Then in the second half of 20/21 I thought he was very good, hopefully he replicates that.

But you can’t tell me he hasn’t been poor this season. No amount of quoting assists etc can deny the fact

You really need to check what you're posting mate.

First it was "when has he ever been firing" only for you to move your goalposts when the stats were presented to you.

Now it's "he doesn't drag us through any game when the team is struggling" and never thinking he played well, to wanting a time limit on it when the rather obvious games he's played well and dragged us through are highlighted.

Then it's onto "we're better without him" in spite of the fact that our results with him in the team are much better.

For the record, I've never said he's in my starting XI, that he's better than anyone, he's a right winger or that he can't be criticised just because he plays for Rangers.

All I've done is show how wrong you are to say he's never made a difference and tell you that we actually get better results with him in the team.
I haven't moved the goal posts, I still don't think he has ever been firing for us. He shows flashes and goes awol for weeks. So for me that isn't firing.

Dragging us through 2 games in how many? Again, for me that is "flashes"

I'll take your word that this is true - You're making out that he's the single reason why results are better when he's been in the team - There's many factors for that and it certainly isn't because of him alone.

I haven't moved the goal posts, I still don't think he has ever been firing for us. He shows flashes and goes awol for weeks. So for me that isn't firing.

Dragging us through 2 games in how many? Again, for me that is "flashes"

I'll take your word that this is true - You're making out that he's the single reason why results are better when he's been in the team - There's many factors for that and it certainly isn't because of him alone.
Wrong again.
Football's a team game and absolutely nowhere have I even implied that Hagi is the sole reason our results are better.
I've simply stated that it's a fact that they are better when he plays.
It's a million miles from you telling us "we're better without him" unless you base better in football on something other than winning games?

You said he'd never dragged us through any games, you now acknowledge that he has.
You don't think he's ever been firing, although it's been pointed out to you that he had 15 goal involvements last season.
Only 2 players in our squad (Tav 21 and Kent 17) bettered him and he played 1000 minutes less than both of them.
It's hardly just flashes when he had a goal or assist ratio of 1 every 113 minutes.
Hardly the numbers of a guy who has a good game then goes missing for weeks are they?

I thought he changed the new year old firm game last year at Ibrox. We were really struggling for a foothold and he came on and put his foot on the ball and we settled.

I dont think he's a player who's going to dominate matches the way Aribo or Kamara etc can. He's more of a moments player who'll pop up and play a killer pass to unlock a defence.

He's been poor lately, there is no getting away from that, but he's a good player.
Would say that’s accurate but I think it’s now time for him to play his way back into form from the bench.

Wrong again.
Football's a team game and absolutely nowhere have I even implied that Hagi is the sole reason our results are better.
I've simply stated that it's a fact that they are better when he plays.
It's a million miles from you telling us "we're better without him" unless you base better in football on something other than winning games?

You said he'd never dragged us through any games, you now acknowledge that he has.
You don't think he's ever been firing, although it's been pointed out to you that he had 15 goal involvements last season.
Only 2 players in our squad (Tav 21 and Kent 17) bettered him and he played 1000 minutes less than both of them.
It's hardly just flashes when he had a goal or assist ratio of 1 every 113 minutes.
Hardly the numbers of a guy who has a good game then goes missing for weeks are they?
Dundee Utd at Ibrox for example, he was the worst player on the pitch yet by your stats that goes down as one of the games where he plays and we win. Just because he's played in the game, it doesn't mean he's played well or contributed.

He scored at Pittodrie, again he was terrible last week, granted most were though. You can't use stats for everything.

He's been really poor this season.

Dundee Utd at Ibrox for example, he was the worst player on the pitch yet by your stats that goes down as one of the games where he plays and we win. Just because he's played in the game, it doesn't mean he's played well or contributed.

He scored at Pittodrie, again he was terrible last week, granted most were though. You can't use stats for everything.

He's been really poor this season.
I can't use stats for everything.

But you'll happily use "he's never influenced a game" or "we're better without him" with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Is that the sound of goalposts moving again?

I don’t quite see it with Hagi, his touch is absolutely woeful at times and gives the ball away constantly….not to mention that he is that slow he would struggle to have beat Oleg Salenko in a sprint.

For all the opportunities he has had, I can count on only a few occasions I have come away talking about how well he played. He is nowhere close to as influential or as important as Kent/Aribo/Morelos

But you'll happily use "he's never influenced a game" or "we're better without him" with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Here’s one for you
Season. 2021/2022
Hagi has the 6th highest amount of appearances (15) yet he doesn’t feature in either the top scorer chart or assist chart in the league this season (both charts go as low as 2 per player btw)

I don’t quite see it with Hagi, his touch is absolutely woeful at times and gives the ball away constantly….not to mention that he is that slow he would struggle to have beat Oleg Salenko in a sprint.

For all the opportunities he has had, I can count on only a few occasions I have come away talking about how well he played. He is nowhere close to as influential or as important as Kent/Aribo/Morelos
He certainly divides opinion for sure. Not a game winner or changer for me. I would sell him at first opportunity tbh.

Sounds like you are using stats for most things. Do you actually watch games or just highlights and see he's made a nice pass and not seen anything else in the game.

When he's played this season, he hasn't played well on the most part, hence we are better without him. Motherwell away and Hearts away going forward, two of our best this season if not our best and he didn't play in either.

I don't think I ever said he's never influenced a game, i said he'd never dragged us through a game. I'll take it back as i totally forgot about Braga and Hibs tbh, was so long ago.

Did you miss his vital assist for Morelos against Sparta Prague ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back