Biggest Rangers Myths

Selling Gascoigne cost us ten in a row
A good few other issues unfortunately. Personally I blame the fact that too many players were given another year, just to win 10, than they would have had otherwise. Still pisses me off, WS should have done better.:(

Tbf to the young Bears singing about DJ scoring 2 in 72,
I know this is 3 years old, but surely to %^*& nobody has ever thought it was DJ that scored in Barca? That’s just insane.

I was able to recite the team and scorers by the age of 8 through reading what felt like 100 books on our club :))

Asked one my mates to name the 11 one day and he could get about 4 of them, genuinely found it bizarre.

Oliver kahn injured Michael mols.
Didn't he?
I'm sure I remember he got injured on the right wing as Kahn ran out and tackled him.

Could be a false memory after all this time though.

Mols was causing them all sorts of problems in that game too if memory serves

I know this is 3 years old, but surely to %^*& nobody has ever thought it was DJ that scored in Barca? That’s just insane.

I was able to recite the team and scorers by the age of 8 through reading what felt like 100 books on our club :))

Asked one my mates to name the 11 one day and he could get about 4 of them, genuinely found it bizarre.
8 year old away and don’t talk shite

Listening to the show on H&H about the 86/87 season reminds me of the accepted truth that Graeme Souness completely overhauled the Rangers team with new signings from England that season.

The majority of the team were at Rangers from previous seasons and only Woods, Butcher, Souness, Roberts for half the season, and arguably Jimmy Nicholl (not really a new face) played leading roles as new players.

The horrible, horrible lies they made up about Richard Gough and more recently Smith and Souness to give them something to fire back with when their sordid past (the running of and covering up of a peadophile ring for decades) is brought up to them.

Some of their lies are hilarious but those lies are dangerous and show them up as the nobodies and peadophile apologists that they actually are

Masters at lying
Professional victims
Most protected folk in the UK
And accountable to no one
I’ve never heard anything suggested about Smith or Souness like was said about Gough.

Didn't he?
I'm sure I remember he got injured on the right wing as Kahn ran out and tackled him.

Could be a false memory after all this time though.

Mols was causing them all sorts of problems in that game too if memory serves
Your correct that Kahn tackled him but it was a perfectly good tackle.
Sadly Mols tried to hurdle him instead of just falling normally and that was that.

That we are the greatest "supporters " in the world. The amount who leave early and abuse the team for every misplaced pass is shocking.

We are however the most loyal support in the world. No arguments there.

You sounded like a right laugh as a wain mate :rolleyes:

You sounded like a right laugh as a wain mate :rolleyes:
Just a wee fitba nerd :))
'Hey fancy going to the youth club disco on Thursday night? Big Sharon wi the big tits'll be there.. '

F#ck off, ya c#nt..

'Hey fancy going to the youth club disco on Thursday night? Big Sharon wi the big tits'll be there.. '

F#ck off, ya c#nt..
Must say, I never knew Jim Denny was on the bench! Did the full squad get a medal, or only the 11 and the manager?

Just reminds me of Hagi from Friday night. :(

Hand straight in the air. Players know.

22 1/2 years later and I'm still willing him to just fall normally.

Also our Gio with the subtle challenge on Mehmet Scholl for the pen. B-D

We were brilliant to take that Bayern side and that group to the edge.

Last edited:
The horrible, horrible lies they made up about Richard Gough and more recently Smith and Souness to give them something to fire back with when their sordid past (the running of and covering up of a peadophile ring for decades) is brought up to them.

Some of their lies are hilarious but those lies are dangerous and show them up as the nobodies and peadophile apologists that they actually are

Masters at lying
Professional victims
Most protected folk in the UK
And accountable to no one
The Gough stuff was just nefarious rumours. Not even a myth. Just tragic patter to try and deflect from their club being riddled with sex offenders

I couldn’t have named the 1970 team until maybe a dozen years ago.
My first guess, I had only eight starters correct.
I had Mathieson at left back, Davie Smith at centre defence and could not name Johnstone’s partner up front.
I was convinced Stein was out.

This one's a bit dated now but it bothered me at the time - when we were watching Sheyi Ojo stink the place out every week people would often point to the "fact" that Ryan Kent was poor in his first 6 months and how important he became to us after that. We maybe didn't get the best of Kent in that time but he still had some outstanding games (especially in Europe) and we missed him badly during the period when he was injured. His performances in his first 6 months were certainly anything above what Ojo ever produced.

The one that has always annoyed me is the made up story about The Goalie throwing his gloves into the Celtic dressing room and shouting "Smell The Glove"

I clearly remember a retraction being printed in the following weeks paper admitting it was made up

Dykes tore Helander apart is one of my recent favourites.

We didn't concede a shot on target let alone a goal.

Convinced its cos he slipped on the astro and Dykes won the loose ball.

This one's a bit dated now but it bothered me at the time - when we were watching Sheyi Ojo stink the place out every week people would often point to the "fact" that Ryan Kent was poor in his first 6 months and how important he became to us after that. We maybe didn't get the best of Kent in that time but he still had some outstanding games (especially in Europe) and we missed him badly during the period when he was injured. His performances in his first 6 months were certainly anything above what Ojo ever produced.
Pretty sure it was Spartak at home I first watched Kent and thought wow. Was in flashes before that but clearly had ability.

Pal of mine must have been about 24/25 and asked me who we beat in the final.

He has a season ticket.

Scary the amount of bears i met who think Mcdonalds second goal won us helicopter sunday, iirc, we were going to win the league if the filth drew
I thought it had finished 1-1 until we were walking out of Easter Road and I said it on the phone to a mate and he told me it was 2-1!
Thought the second cheer was full time

I couldn’t have named the 1970 team until maybe a dozen years ago.
My first guess, I had only eight starters correct.
I had Mathieson at left back, Davie Smith at centre defence and could not name Johnstone’s partner up front.
I was convinced Stein was out.
1970 team I don’t know off by heart either to be honest!

Back