Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've never had an interest in Andreas Skov Olsen. Anyone who still believes that must still believe in the tooth-fairy. Every single time we are linked with this guy it's a complete non-entity reporting about made up bids or similar. There has never been a credible source and it always gets shot down by people with any sort of credibility. Mental if you still think we're in for this guy.

Gio plays with out and out wingers though. Aribo isn’t that, in the old system of narrow #10’s yes…
Yeah I understand but I’m merrily suggestion Aribo could hug the touch line & give us the width & then come inside on his left peg.

Similar to this fella from Denmark we’ve been linked to recently. He cuts inside & cause problems.

Don’t get me wrong I see Aribo as our best option as a 10 I just think it could be shock to Sellick to see Kent as the 10 supporting our striker.

We all know they put in much more effort against us than anyone else but the results are mental.

Aberdeen get a draw against us, then get beat by ST Mirren the night.
Hibs put us out the cup, then get beat by Ross County the next game.
Dundee Utd beat us earlier in the season then draw to Ayr.
Hearts get a draw at Ibrox then draw with Dundee at Tynecastle.

Don’t care how much I hated a team I’d be raging if my players weren’t giving 100% every game.

Ones I really want to have a go at are Bates & McCrorie. I demand the same shite-housery, thuggery, snide boots so late nobody sees it, play-acting, stray arms, and all-and-out wankpot-ism the Footballing Vegetable shows against us.

Should be putting the yahoos in that stand you can't see quarter of the pitch from, or holding their faces and getting one of them a second yellow, if it's a referee who values rules over his own safety. Occasionally get one. Collum usually, knowing he's safe as he paid for the pineapple roof to get fixed, and fairness may get him a decent UEFA game if they're watching Eurogoals!

But of course they don't have it in them. No Bomber or Fergie mentality in them, it seems. I did rate Bates, but he's wandered into a shit-show and as an ex-Bear with better experience he's fully to blame any time I have the misfortune to hear Radio Scotchland.

McCrorie was getting away with it in his bland, first red jersey, no chances, midfield role but he's been moved back so the pair are in the firing line - and as Calderwood/McInnes found out, a very good season is no use for a "hun" if no "hun" points are taken.

Only one who can hold his head high is Joe Lewis. Decent goalie but would be better off with team he left, Peterborough United. They lose mental amounts of goals against ropey mobs too, but at least they can do a bit at the other end. With Aberdeen, just one goal lost to the likes of St Midden and if it's not Rangers the rest don't give enough of a f*** to try and do anything about it.

Who was that guy who was our super-scout under Smith? Tasked with scouting just about everyone we signed in Walt's less-than-brilliant first spell.

Name escapes me and bugging me now, but we'd go for a guy abroad and he'd be telling the Rangers News, "Making big name for himself in..." followed by:

a) Vikingland (he'd go there in August/September/April/May & judge badly - sees guy with a zero in his name score once in a cup tie against a team with numbers in the name like 90210 Hjrfnjrfr, glowing report and sodding Stenna Sealink turns up at left back)

b) Nice-weekend Central European Breakland (a favourite of his, into brothels maybe - come back with Pieter Huistra, impressed with the haircut or something)

c) Country X just post-Communism you know sod all about & he could lie, claim expenses & none of us could disagree as sod going there, they'll rape you for a half-pound of Ayrshires - seriously - they shot the dictator and his wife last week! We generally didn't sign anyone from those places, but he liked to say he'd been to Romania to kid on he'd braved a nation in collapse.

Was it Chesser or something? Promise us a jet-paced new Kanchelskis (the Man U version, not the washed up turd we got) and then...

He'd arrive, run like Jan Molby, or he could run like Bo Andersson but couldn't control a football if it was a ball and chain, and leave for buttons - then the super-scout would be off again!

Ah, 9-in-a-row, because he inherited quality, Hateley suddenly became good, and Goram, McLaren, Albertz, Laudrup & Gascoigne were absolutely shit-hot. Didn't need a bloody scout for that. Nazi league was on Astra satellite with a decoder and rest weren't unknown! I could've recommended them without leaving the Port!

Scout, by Christ? Best find was Tony Vidmar! And Walter confused him so much with his 5 experiment that he went into hiding and didn't become a seriously good player until Dick Advocaat turned up and Numan got injured!

So wosisname Chesser, super-scout, or something. I used to get Scout tickets as freebies for games. EPL manager related to a pal of a pal. I spotted more effing talent, and it was Mickey effing Weir, and lightning broke the floodlights and it was abandoned at half-time.

Must've had a pic of someone and that burd Spiers mentioned. Led to Spiers losing his in-the-know spot and launching his must-destroy-Rangers-and-label-support-Nazi-war-criminals-because-I-can't-get-to-him campaign. I scout the scouts and rate thingmybob a grade A waste of wages who supplied us with endless guys who ranged from ropey to accepted for invalidity.

Wonder if he worked again, after Walt cleared out?

Would be the most hopeless Gers employee ever - if it wasn't for Phil "Hmmm... Potentially career-ending injury, get oxygen, doctor and stretcher, ambulance to side gate immediately... ah, sod it, give him a carry-co-bag and make it worse" Boersma.
Smith? Show a bit of respect please.

Ones I really want to have a go at are Bates & McCrorie. I demand the same shite-housery, thuggery, snide boots so late nobody sees it, play-acting, stray arms, and all-and-out wankpot-ism the Footballing Vegetable shows against us.

Should be putting the yahoos in that stand you can't see quarter of the pitch from, or holding their faces and getting one of them a second yellow, if it's a referee who values rules over his own safety. Occasionally get one. Collum usually, knowing he's safe as he paid for the pineapple roof to get fixed, and fairness may get him a decent UEFA game if they're watching Eurogoals!

But of course they don't have it in them. No Bomber or Fergie mentality in them, it seems. I did rate Bates, but he's wandered into a shit-show and as an ex-Bear with better experience he's fully to blame any time I have the misfortune to hear Radio Scotchland.

McCrorie was getting away with it in his bland, first red jersey, no chances, midfield role but he's been moved back so the pair are in the firing line - and as Calderwood/McInnes found out, a very good season is no use for a "hun" if no "hun" points are taken.

Only one who can hold his head high is Joe Lewis. Decent goalie but would be better off with team he left, Peterborough United. They lose mental amounts of goals against ropey mobs too, but at least they can do a bit at the other end. With Aberdeen, just one goal lost to the likes of St Midden and if it's not Rangers the rest don't give enough of a f*** to try and do anything about it.
Relevance to transfers in 5..4..3..

Jesus christ

Why not? It's not like Romano, who gets thousands of interactions every hour, is going to even notice it. Or take the time to respond and call them out.
Of course he’ll look at notifications and if somebody is using his name will call it out. Fourth official has plenty of his own followers and would look ridiculous if he tagged somebody who then turned round and said he’s talking pish.

"Smith" is kind for the first spell.

"Sir Walter" only for the second.

But it's Ewan effing Chestnut that's the villain.

Mind we used to sign random young hot prospects from the continent? Stars of the future. They'd play 1 game in May when 37 points ahead of Motherwell .

Had to be his work. If it wasn't I'd be amazed.

Tero Pentilla when on holiday at Nokialand, Helsinki.

Some Austrian I can't remember the name of - skiing on our expenses/into town for crayons/4th Division game on most likely. If only Hitler had made such an impact when he left Austria, my great-grandads may have met me and there would be no Israel!.

Italian midget left-back who played about 2 games, so small & thin the late, great Davie Cooper -
who couldn't head a ball straight (see Tynecastle, but he got lucky once & picked the right venue!) - would've been like Hateley on back-post header stats!

Oh, an eye for a player alright, just he used one a guy left in the blind section while he swanned about capital cities before asking a guy at a bog-standard European mob who recommended a guy not-too-shite that it was a total piss-take, but so dull-average-random that a find was never on the cards.

Shyster, chancer, rich on our dough and his failure.
Seek counselling mate

In the TRANSFER thread?
Well, actually yes.

Let me explain. If there was a possibility that Jack could return soon to something like the form he demonstrated prior to his injury, then having him available would obviously impact any moves Rangers were considering making in the winter transfer window.

Conversely, if it appears that Jack's career might be in some jeopardy and we'll probably never adain see him in a Rangers jersey, then obviously the club will be looking for a replacement.

There then, that wasn't too hard to grasp, was it?

If I'm lucky in my hopes of seeing cheap Danish wonder-kid wingers ending up at Rangers, maybe we can pull a smart card out of the hat and steal the "one level down" version of Skov Olsen and go after Sebastian Jörgensen from Silkeborg.

He's not quite the finished article but would cost a lot less money and his contracts up at the end of the year.

Sorry, this isn't even a rumour though. Just a wee hope and one to keep an eye on.
This is exactly the sort of strategy that I would hope we are currently employing. Good shout.

"Smith" is kind for the first spell.

"Sir Walter" only for the second.

But it's Ewan effing Chestnut that's the villain.

Mind we used to sign random young hot prospects from the continent? Stars of the future. They'd play 1 game in May when 37 points ahead of Motherwell .

Had to be his work. If it wasn't I'd be amazed.

Tero Pentilla when on holiday at Nokialand, Helsinki.

Some Austrian I can't remember the name of - skiing on our expenses/into town for crayons/4th Division game on most likely. If only Hitler had made such an impact when he left Austria, my great-grandads may have met me and there would be no Israel!.

Italian midget left-back who played about 2 games, so small & thin the late, great Davie Cooper -
who couldn't head a ball straight (see Tynecastle, but he got lucky once & picked the right venue!) - would've been like Hateley on back-post header stats!

Oh, an eye for a player alright, just he used one a guy left in the blind section while he swanned about capital cities before asking a guy at a bog-standard European mob who recommended a guy not-too-shite that it was a total piss-take, but so dull-average-random that a find was never on the cards.

Shyster, chancer, rich on our dough and his failure.
You feeling OK mate?

We've never had an interest in Andreas Skov Olsen. Anyone who still believes that must still believe in the tooth-fairy. Every single time we are linked with this guy it's a complete non-entity reporting about made up bids or similar. There has never been a credible source and it always gets shot down by people with any sort of credibility. Mental if you still think we're in for this guy.

It's happening, isn't it.... :)

I come into these threads thinking ‘I don’t watch any football except Rangers games, I trust Wilson and the board. I’ll leave it up to them.’

10 mins later I’m all ‘if we don’t sign Veerman/Doehki/Olsen, I’ll be writing a letter to Robertson!’ Even though I’ve never seen any of them play in the flesh.

Last edited:
Who was that guy who was our super-scout under Smith? Tasked with scouting just about everyone we signed in Walt's less-than-brilliant first spell.

Name escapes me and bugging me now, but we'd go for a guy abroad and he'd be telling the Rangers News, "Making big name for himself in..." followed by:

a) Vikingland (he'd go there in August/September/April/May & judge badly - sees guy with a zero in his name score once in a cup tie against a team with numbers in the name like 90210 Hjrfnjrfr, glowing report and sodding Stenna Sealink turns up at left back)

b) Nice-weekend Central European Breakland (a favourite of his, into brothels maybe - come back with Pieter Huistra, impressed with the haircut or something)

c) Country X just post-Communism you know sod all about & he could lie, claim expenses & none of us could disagree as sod going there, they'll rape you for a half-pound of Ayrshires - seriously - they shot the dictator and his wife last week! We generally didn't sign anyone from those places, but he liked to say he'd been to Romania to kid on he'd braved a nation in collapse.

Was it Chesser or something? Promise us a jet-paced new Kanchelskis (the Man U version, not the washed up turd we got) and then...

He'd arrive, run like Jan Molby, or he could run like Bo Andersson but couldn't control a football if it was a ball and chain, and leave for buttons - then the super-scout would be off again!

Ah, 9-in-a-row, because he inherited quality, Hateley suddenly became good, and Goram, McLaren, Albertz, Laudrup & Gascoigne were absolutely shit-hot. Didn't need a bloody scout for that. Nazi league was on Astra satellite with a decoder and rest weren't unknown! I could've recommended them without leaving the Port!

Scout, by Christ? Best find was Tony Vidmar! And Walter confused him so much with his 5 experiment that he went into hiding and didn't become a seriously good player until Dick Advocaat turned up and Numan got injured!

So wosisname Chesser, super-scout, or something. I used to get Scout tickets as freebies for games. EPL manager related to a pal of a pal. I spotted more effing talent, and it was Mickey effing Weir, and lightning broke the floodlights and it was abandoned at half-time.

Must've had a pic of someone and that burd Spiers mentioned. Led to Spiers losing his in-the-know spot and launching his must-destroy-Rangers-and-label-support-Nazi-war-criminals-because-I-can't-get-to-him campaign. I scout the scouts and rate thingmybob a grade A waste of wages who supplied us with endless guys who ranged from ropey to accepted for invalidity.

Would be the most hopeless Gers employee ever - if it wasn't for Phil "Hmmm... Potentially career-ending injury, get oxygen, doctor and stretcher, ambulance to side gate immediately... ah, sod it, give him a carry-co-bag and make it worse" Boersma.
Ewan Chester?

To the folk burning in a frenzy… Trust the process, we will strengthen

No surprise there’s nothing close. We’ve spent nothing all window, no reason to think we’re about to spend £7m on someone of genuine quality now.
Why does how much we have spent so far equate to home much we are going to spend? That’s not how it works. We could spend the whole patterson fee on one player (we aren’t)…

That explains why I still have loads of old teeth under my pillow

Thinking outside tbe box, is the likes of a loan for Delle Alli out of the question? 4 months to put his career back on track?

A guy like that isn’t coming up here to play against jobbers like Ross County to get his career back on track.

He’d have to do some serious damage against Dortmund for folk down there to even realise he wasn’t still kicking about in the Spurs reserves.

3 bottles of Grouse to wash down the haggis tonight?

If I'm lucky in my hopes of seeing cheap Danish wonder-kid wingers ending up at Rangers, maybe we can pull a smart card out of the hat and steal the "one level down" version of Skov Olsen and go after Sebastian Jörgensen from Silkeborg.

He's not quite the finished article but would cost a lot less money and his contracts up at the end of the year.

Sorry, this isn't even a rumour though. Just a wee hope and one to keep an eye on.
So long as he’s slow he should be a decent alternative mate lol

Btw us he any relation to the quite brilliant Martin Jorgensen he was a quite brilliant player

Ross Wilson certainly let’s nothing out the bag, unfortunately this time he can’t as there appears to be nothing in the bag!!!

Why does how much we have spent so far equate to home much we are going to spend? That’s not how it works. We could spend the whole patterson fee on one player (we aren’t)…
I’m sure if there was decent cash to be spent it would have been spent by now. If we were in for a quality RW, we wouldn’t (or at least shouldn’t) have been waiting until the last few days of the window to do it. We could have done with that quality RW away to Aberdeen.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we do any decent business in this window.

Merely injecting some painful memories in a not all that serious way for those who suffered as I did during the first Walter era, when out top-notch super scout (must be true - Rangers news said so CONSTANTLY!), was backed in a way as unjustified as Martin Bain was. Seriously, the guy out of Peters & Lee had a better eye for a player.

Don't know if he was involved in the TIAR recruitment. Loadsmoney and...

...and most were mentals, huge letdown, and insanely overpriced. The Swedish one was a cripple and topped up his 40k a week with DLA. If he hadn't scored a better against them nobody would recall his costly time at Ibrox.

The best two found that summer? Antti Niemi (600k) and Tony Vidmar (square root of sod all on a Bosman).

It was the most frenetic transfer period I can remember, so just a trip down memory lane with a dose of piss-taking to ease not taking the 10.

Chester lives a happy retirement, and if he was involved in scouting for the ten it only seems fitting that I should note his part in making Wim Jansen a legend.

Sorry for dragging you through that pain, older Bears, but with Jansen's passing the missed opportunity of all time came to mind, and it should've been 12, not 10. Worst gamble ever.

If this new guy Skov, Skov, Skov, Skov does show up, let's hope he's quicker than Porrini, more professional than Amoruso, less deranged than that effer Negri who is somehow worshipped despite what he did, or didn't do, and doesnt need his own disabled space like Jonas "Blue Three Wheeler Car Parked At Ibrox Door" sodding Thern!
Mind last week when comments were ere deleted and warnings gave out for detailing the thread…….. mind em days

Merely injecting some painful memories in a not all that serious way for those who suffered as I did during the first Walter era, when out top-notch super scout (must be true - Rangers news said so CONSTANTLY!), was backed in a way as unjustified as Martin Bain was. Seriously, the guy out of Peters & Lee had a better eye for a player.

Don't know if he was involved in the TIAR recruitment. Loadsmoney and...

...and most were mentals, huge letdown, and insanely overpriced. The Swedish one was a cripple and topped up his 40k a week with DLA. If he hadn't scored a better against them nobody would recall his costly time at Ibrox.

The best two found that summer? Antti Niemi (600k) and Tony Vidmar (square root of sod all on a Bosman).

It was the most frenetic transfer period I can remember, so just a trip down memory lane with a dose of piss-taking to ease not taking the 10.

Chester lives a happy retirement, and if he was involved in scouting for the ten it only seems fitting that I should note his part in making Wim Jansen a legend.

Sorry for dragging you through that pain, older Bears, but with Jansen's passing the missed opportunity of all time came to mind, and it should've been 12, not 10. Worst gamble ever.

If this new guy Skov, Skov, Skov, Skov does show up, let's hope he's quicker than Porrini, more professional than Amoruso, less deranged than that effer Negri who is somehow worshipped despite what he did, or didn't do, and doesnt need his own disabled space like Jonas "Blue Three Wheeler Car Parked At Ibrox Door" sodding Thern!

Every single thread you post in I can ot fathom for a second what you are going on about.

Nope. I wasn't on last week. I had a severe bout of depression and pretty much dropped out of everything. So I can't tell you what happened last week, but I can add the entertainment value of what an arse we made of things 25 years ago.

I hope we can now calm the pedantry and I will cease with my light-hearted bashing of two people employed by the club who were clearly at it, namely Ewan Chester and Souness' mate playing doctor, Phil f*cking Boersma!. I'd like to hear wee Durranty's opinion (in another thread, so you don't get pulled up) regards that effing chancer, but I insist twice it's in another thread because last week they decided roolz is funking roolz!
I say go make a separate thread for your 20 year ago debate

17 pages from I last read this Tuesday night not one rumour …..

They just giving away jobs on FF

Nope. I wasn't on last week. I had a severe bout of depression and pretty much dropped out of everything. So I can't tell you what happened last week, but I can add the entertainment value of what an arse we made of things 25 years ago.

I hope we can now calm the pedantry and I will cease with my light-hearted bashing of two people employed by the club who were clearly at it, namely Ewan Chester and Souness' mate playing doctor, Phil f*cking Boersma!. I'd like to hear wee Durranty's opinion (in another thread, so you don't get pulled up) regards that effing chancer, but I insist twice it's in another thread because last week they decided roolz is funking roolz!
Borsma (sp) was a liability. Wasn’t it him that told Butcher to ‘stamp off’ a broken leg?

Mate , discussing players people think would be good fit , is pointless and just distracts bears that are in and out thread then realise it’s just someone’s opinion , should maybe have a system anyone posting these threads should state (opinion ) , on each post related to player they think would be a good fit .

Or maybe have a separate thread for signing suggestions.

It's mental that we always have admin on these threads reminding posters to keep it on track and now we have the "banhammer" himself beating on about Ewan Chester fs!:))

P.S I do sincerely hope you're feeling better now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back