Archive The Winter 2021/22 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Em. They are a point worse off through 21 games this year than last year. They are about the same. Its us who havent been as good. Thats the difference.
That's not true, celtic are 3 points better off after 21 games than they were last year after 21 games.

I think its looking less likely we are going to spend a sizeable chunk of money at this stage (literally 5 days to go in the window) hopefully we can add a high quality loan in - as without Hagi we are an injury / suspension away from Kent / Aribo to losing a lot of creation in our final 3rd.

I remember we beat a team in Gibraltar in ELQ and Gerrard said post match that we were 'close' to a signing.

It turned out to be Helander and the players name broke an hour or two after the game.

Really hoping for similar tonight.

Bologna chairman has been quoted again talking about Skov Olsen and Mitchell Dijks saying that they’ve “received proposals but they are not adequate”.

I’ve seen photos of Bologna’s training today and Olsen is training on his own separately from the squad. When these things happen usually something gives. I’d be amazed if Olsen plays for Bologna again this season in these circumstances.

If he doesn’t go to Brugge I’d bet good money he’ll be loaned out. And if Rangers have any genuine interest in him, I’m sure it’s a loan-to-buy that the club will be looking for.

Bologna chairman has been quoted again talking about Skov Olsen and Mitchell Dijks saying that they’ve “received proposals but they are not adequate”.

I’ve seen photos of Bologna’s training today and Olsen is training on his own separately from the squad. When these things happen usually something gives. I’d be amazed if Olsen plays for Bologna again this season in these circumstances.

If he doesn’t go to Brugge I’d bet good money he’ll be loaned out. And if Rangers have any genuine interest in him, I’m sure it’s a loan-to-buy that the club will be looking for.
Italian media are saying it looks likely both will now stay with Bologna. Olsen to Brugge off at the moment

Italian media are saying it looks likely both will now stay with Bologna. Olsen to Brugge off at the moment
Interesting, clearly the Brugge deal ain’t happening because it was reported as “close” about a week ago.

Like I said above, I’m confident he’ll be loaned out. It’s almost always the case when a player trains alone. Just hoping that Wilson is actually trying to strike a deal.

The closer it gets to deadline day the more and more adequate the proposal will become, whether it is our proposal or Brugge's. As you say, it's not often a player goes from training on his own to being back with the squad.

The closer it gets to deadline day the more and more adequate the proposal will become, whether it is our proposal or Brugge's. As you say, it's not often a player goes from training on his own to being back with the squad.

Didn’t the manager say he doesn’t want him & the other guy to play again, because they aren’t commited to Bologna LD ?

I’m pretty sure they need to cash to fund their own signings. A loan just isn’t going to happen.
As I said above a big factor is the fact that Olsen is training on his own. In a World Cup year. It’s very very hard for a player to regain the manager’s trust and be reintegrated into the squad in this instance.

If they’ve made him train alone he is out of contention for the first team which means clearly they don’t need him.

I think if we were parting with a decent money it would've been spent by now - and we're not going to spend decent money on someone in January.

That being said, 2 good standard loans could really improve our squad.....I have a bad feeling on incomings.

Not even certain Skov Olsen is what we need

Any truth in the WhatsApp rumour of Declan Gallagher to Hearts which you’d imagine would speed up Souttar to us?

I defo think we need a right winger . I would happily leave souttar at hearts for remainder of the season and put that towards a winger. A loan with option to buy at the end would be perfect. We really need to win the league this season , the tramps winning it and getting the guaranteed champions league money would be a disaster for us.

Any truth in the WhatsApp rumour of Declan Gallagher to Hearts which you’d imagine would speed up Souttar to us?
Can't see it. Would cost them more for Gallagher than they are likely to get for Souttar I'd imagine, given he has a bit on his contract.

I think most observers see the Souttar thing as a game being played out and he will be on his way here after tonight as we’ve always expected.

Whether bringing him in now when we have cover is another debate entirely

Jamie Paterson worth a look? Having a really good season with Swansea (8 goals 4 assists) but seems to be wanting a move so hasn’t been played the last few games.

He’s 30 so probably wouldn’t be a long term solution. Russell Martin said he’ll leave if someone meets their valuation, depends what that is I suppose.

Jamie Paterson worth a look? Having a really good season with Swansea (8 goals 4 assists) but seems to be wanting a move so hasn’t been played the last few games.

He’s 30 so probably wouldn’t be a long term solution. Russell Martin said he’ll leave if someone meets their valuation, depends what that is I suppose.

utterly removed from what we are trying to achieve.

Getting Skov Olsen on a deadline day loan to buy would be a Ross Wilson trademark. Zungu didn't work out, but any lesser DoF would have caved at the 3mil asking price. Meanwhile, wee Ross just strung them along until they gave up and gave us the loan to buy.

Clinging onto that hope, although it does seem likely he'll end up at Brugge. Wonder why that move seemed to collapse when it was all but done?

The players I would expect us to sign in the 30 + age bracket would be utter exceptions, Defoe, Davis, McGregor, I would expect a squad of players like that supplemented with players we will be looking to develop and sell with a far younger age profile.

Take the point. It’s not ideal but sometimes you can only go on what’s available. We did it with Arfield and he’s done a solid job for us.

Not saying he should be the first name on our list or anything but it might be worth enquiring about the likely fee/wages/contract length.

Bottom line we need bare minimum one winger in before the window shuts.

If we are going to sign Skov Olsen it is almost unforgiveable Itten was given the number 11 IMO, whoever made that decision should have their role under review.
You really should put, /s after that comment.
Some folk will think your being serious.:))

Something was mentioned on Skysports about any non Uk players brought into Britain would need to be registered 48 hrs before deadline due to Brexit.

I disagree. There’s nothing wrong with football fans sharing opinions on players they’d like our club to sign. Would you rather people made a thread anytime they had a player in mind?

If this thread was only about legit rumours and links it would be about two pages long. If any posters here glance at a name and immediately assume we are after them then more fool those posters. With a few clicks you can find the source posts of such names and in a matter of seconds.

I find it strange that so many are intent on policing this thread. I can understand scum chat being banned but really find it weird when people vent frustrations about the thread going off topic and there being no rumours.

I disagree. There’s nothing wrong with football fans sharing opinions on players they’d like our club to sign. Would you rather people made a thread anytime they had a player in mind?

If this thread was only about legit rumours and links it would be about two pages long. If any posters here glance at a name and immediately assume we are after them then more fool those posters. With a few clicks you can find the source posts of such names and in a matter of seconds.

I find it strange that so many are intent on policing this thread. I can understand scum chat being banned but really find it weird when people vent frustrations about the thread going off topic and there being no rumours.
well in that case, I'd like us to try and sign Mbappé he's on a free soon after all, and if we can't get him try Salah I heard he's no happy at Liverpool, and De Bruyne would be good for our midfield. there's already a place for what you're talking about, it's called fantasy football, I'd rather have just two pages on the transfer thread with worthwhile/realistic info, than pages upon pages of fiction, which is what it really is, for folks who like that kind of stuff they should start another transfer thread and call it the fiction transfer thread

Something was mentioned on Skysports about any non Uk players brought into Britain would need to be registered 48 hrs before deadline due to Brexit.
Wonder if the weekend would hold that up as well, meaning players will need to be signed tomorrow or Friday :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back