The Dingwall Wimpy

that's why we all got banned. Mr Wimpy makes his appearance but for some reason we kicked the shit out of him, destroying the shitty costume.

Pretty standard behaviour wasn't it?

That big, daft, plastic nose was just asking to be punched.

Went to a few wimpy birthday parties as a kid. Last time i was in one was when i went to wembley for the fa cup semi in 2012. Was heading away from the ground and there was one just there. Felt weird bein in a fast food place but with plates nd cutlery

Did there used to be a wimpy in the building that's now a multi story car park/gym between bath street and sauchiehall street?

Look like the standard American Franchise that open shops here and are rotten - see the American place near Braehead for example.

Can't beat getting a burger & chips served on a plate with a knife & fork, only to get charged twice the price for the privilege :cool::p

Amazing burgers as a kid. Where was the one in Glasgow again? Sauchiehall street?
There were two as I recall the one I used was Ingram street. I loved a day in town buying myself new shirt, jeans, then pop into wimpy for a sit down burger and chips before heading home. Didn’t realise it at the time the greatest carefree days of my life.

Reactions: R-M
Sure there used to be one in the tenpin bowling next to the Mariner Centre in Camelon, when i was a kid. Was the best fast food burger i ever tasted.

We’ve got a wimpy up the road in the Basingstoke. Offered it to my 4 and 7 year olds who love the novelty of sitting in fast food place with nuggets and burgers. “Err no, daddy can we go somewhere good?!” :))

I have vivid memories of Wimpy as a kid, the burgers were superb, ketchup and finely chopped onions, the milkshakes were amazing too.

Loved a bender in a bun as well:))

Used to love strolling in to the Wimpy in Enfield on pay day. Burn my way through half my Luncheon Vouchers. Liked a toasted tea cake whilst waiting on the main course, and a Brown Derby to finish.

Was there a Wimpy on the A9 between Stirling and Perth, opposite a big filling station, or is my auld brain fried?

Was that the hot dog used to love them dont think they would be described as benders these days

It may have been yeah, was still described as a Bender on their website last time I looked which was about a year ago.

That said it’s conceivable the Wimpy website hasn’t been updated since 2002

There used to be one in Coatbridge across from Asda's main entrance. My mum took me in if I helped her with the shopping when I was wee. Loved it. Geez. 30+ years ago ffs.

I loved a wimpy. Burgers were far superior to McDonalds and Burger King with finely chopped onions on top. The one next to central even had knives and forks on the table.

We always look out for the odd service station that still has one.

Bad memory was working in the Argyle Street restaurant while at school before it became a BK and having to dress up as Mr Wimpy.

I remember the Wimpy in Edinburgh, on the corner between Princes Street and Castle Street. It became a Buger King in the late 80’s. I can’t remember much about the taste of a Wimpy Burger but my dad said he was a frequent visitor in the 70’s and Says it was quite nice

Back