The Dingwall Wimpy

That's a blast from the past, I think I might have been taken there once by my parents when I was a wee guy.

I can see Burger King ending up similar to be honest, McDs is just far too ubiquitous these days.

Was there a Wimpy on the A9 between Stirling and Perth, opposite a big filling station, or is my auld brain fried?
I think you are correct. There was also a Little Chef on that road just north of Auchterarder

Sure there used to be one in the tenpin bowling next to the Mariner Centre in Camelon, when i was a kid. Was the best fast food burger i ever tasted.
There was. Was also one in the Howgate Centre next to the internal access to Marks and Spencers. I've worked away in England a lot over the past 4 or 5 years. Was always a guilty pleasure when I found one nearby. So much better than McDonald's etc.

Was that the hot dog used to love them dont think they would be described as benders these days

Actually Still there, they changed the name in the 1990s but started calling it a Bender again due to public outcry.

Public outcry in the 1990s was obviously very different to today....

"This meaty pork frankfurter, lightly spiced with a hint of ginger and pepper and a natural smoke flavouring, is revered by the public – when we experimented with changing its name to a 'Frankfurter in a Bun' in the late 1990s, there was such an outcry that we had to reinstate it!"

Wr55pTY.jpg

There was one on King Street a few years ago, I dont remember one on Whitburn Rd where I happen to be sitting right now lol
I dont know the street names and I might be remembering wrong but I thought it was on the row across from the train station?

We went to one in streatham london last year it will be another 20 years before we go back should have just remembered it as it was.

I’m sure there was a mr wimpy game for the ZX spectrum. Remember a few birthday parties back in the day in the one in the town in primary school. Face covered in Knickerbocker glorys. Now it’s just the wife’s knickers.

Used to love strolling in to the Wimpy in Enfield on pay day. Burn my way through half my Luncheon Vouchers. Liked a toasted tea cake whilst waiting on the main course, and a Brown Derby to finish.
That sounds like what happens when you go to Lana Wolf's for "Yir Dinner"

Thank god this thread turned out to be about a fast food place and not a euphemism for Mark embarking on a career as an exhibitionist o_O

Is the Wimpy in the Broch still going? I remember a few years back before the Macdonalds showed up that was the go to for a burger and my first experience of it. Tbf actually pretty decent and saved going to Peterhead Macdonalds hanging out your farter on a Sunday.

Quarter pounder with thousands island dressing was my latest mum favourite, I brought one back from Peterhead or Dingwall anytime I was passing.

Vaguely remember eating a Wimpy burger with an egg in it back in the mid 90's somewhere in Glasgow after watching us pump East Fife 3-0 at Ibrox, think it was my first game at Ibrox.

McCoist accidently stamping on the linesman is the only other thing I remember from that day. Burger must have been good if I remember it over my first Rangers goal at Ibrox lol.

At least it looks well kept. The one in Fraserburgh hasn't had a lick of paint since the 80s. The whole shop inside and out is completely bleached like a crisp packet that's sit in a field for three years.

Nostalgia time. I used to get a Wimpy as a bairn long before I ever heard of McDonalds. Just goes to show any shit the Americans do, we can do even worse.

Dreadful late ’60’s memories of Wimpy. We were driving to Newquay and had to stop off at Wolverhampton (M6 either not completed or was closed). What we found in the mustard would put you off food forever.

Went to many a kids party at Wimpy when I was a kid and was utterly terrified of Mr Wimpy :D
I once watched the LSD Baby Crew or whatever the hell they were called push Mr Wimpy over and roll him down a sharp slope in Paisley Piazza. It was both appealing and compelling in equal measures.

that's why we all got banned. Mr Wimpy makes his appearance but for some reason we kicked the shit out of him, destroying the shitty costume.
We rolled Mr Wimpy down Byres Rd, got as far as Downside Rd. Barred for life.

Knowing Mark is wandering around what’s basically my hometown is strangely disturbing :))

Back