Louis Moult

Did our board make any suggestions that we actually wanted him or just fan hearsay?

He's certainly banging them in.

Would he be another MOH where he can't cope with us but flourishes with a lower team

In two minds about him.

I thought in the season opener he was awful and could have walked, but for another lenient ref.

Seems to know the way to goal though and based on the evidence so far would be a better target man than Herrera.

Morelos needs a partner, Miller is rarely close enough to him. Moult may be a cheap option that would give us that.

Scores goals for motherwell but not good enough for us I'm afraid, big difference playing for us than Motherwell as proved last season with many

I wasn't that keen during the summer as he fell away in form towards the later stages of the season last year but I'm looking a little silly now, that was two massive goals today from him today.
Was injured near the end of the season missed most of pre season due to having a operation.

If he could bring what he offers Motherwell with him , and that's the big question , then I don't see why not.

We are hardly bristling with robust forwards who can dish it out a bit and have a goal in them as well .

The big issue is, can he play for us and that you will never know unless you give him a shot at it .

Worth a punt for me .

Yes, we only need one goal scorer.

I'd look at fixing the left wing and full back positions first but if people want to gush over the Motherwell superstar instead then by all means batter in. Not as if they'd give him up to us anyway.

Even then there's the chance he comes in and it's O'Halloran Mk II where the pressure has them shitting their pants. That's if he gets much of a look in with us already having a better player in that position.

As I said last season after watching him against us, has he got the stamina for 90 minutes, but he can bang the goals in so that's the positive he has.

So a player with his goalscoring record "is not good enough"?
I'll leave you the last word on this conversation between us.

How did O'Halloran look playing for us?

Did well for the Saints, I assume he must have been rattling them in for us?

Was injured near the end of the season missed most of pre season due to having a operation.
I might be wrong but his form dipped January onwards, my boss is a Motherwell fan and was saying as much then, didn't know he had been struggling with injury towards the end.

I badly wanted Cummings so turned my nose up at mentions of Moult a couple of months back . I'd give a testicle to have him now and see if he'd improve our squad.

League 1, that's what it's like on here, a guy scores goals and there's posts saying let's sign him, it's ridiculous, why get moult when ohalloran has scored the same? None of the said players are good enough for us

I'd look at fixing the left wing and full back positions first but if people want to gush over the Motherwell superstar instead then by all means batter in. Not as if they'd give him up to us anyway.

Even then there's the chance he comes in and it's O'Halloran Mk II where the pressure has them shitting their pants. That's if he gets much of a look in with us already having a better player in that position.

Gushing is certainly an overstatement, from my point of view.
However, there is a world of difference in signing an O'Haloran with his attributes and a Moult with his.
I'm sure that's fairly obvious though.

I think we should've bought him purely because he'd be cheap and he does score at this level. As others have said, he'd offer more than Miller & Herrera based on the showings so far.

I might be wrong but his form dipped January onwards, my boss is a Motherwell fan and was saying as much then, didn't know he had been struggling with injury towards the end.

I badly wanted Cummings so turned my nose up at mentions of Moult a couple of months back . I'd give a testicle to have him now and see if he'd improve our squad.
played with a groin injury from about the New year only played about 90 mins in all of there Betfred Cup games.

League 1, that's what it's like on here, a guy scores goals and there's posts saying let's sign him, it's ridiculous, why get moult when ohalloran has scored the same? None of the said players are good enough for us

It's one thing doing it for a do-nothing, go-nowhere SPFL side whose fans are happy to finish mid table.

It's quite another thing to do it week in, week out for Rangers where anything less than 3 points is a crisis.

Moult, like many others before him, wouldn't have the mentality to be able to do it for us.

We really should be setting our sights a little higher.

He scores goals in a team where he has little pressure or expectation to win regularly, and is the focal point of the whole side.

He has very little quality at all. Indeed he was playing in the English 6th tier just a couple of years ago.

The guy is a Motherwell level player.

Michael Higdon had a better scoring record for them and ge wasn't good enough for Rangers either.

Feel that signing Moult would be an exercise in adding an average player to a squad that is at present very average.

He scores goals in a team where he has little pressure or expectation to win regularly, and is the focal point of the whole side.

He has very little quality at all. Indeed he was playing in the English 6th tier just a couple of years ago.

Michael Higdon had a better scoring record for them and ge wasn't good enough for Rangers either.

A beacon of sense in a ridiculous thread.

Folk are desperate to find a "saviour" currently at another club whenever we drop points.

The grass is seldom greener on the other side, and certainly isn't on this occasion.

Vardy was playing in the lower leagues a few years ago.

Regarding the pressure point, there's no way to judge if someone coming from Motherwell would be able or not to handle it at Rangers but if your argument was universally applied we wouldn't have signed Naismith, Boyd, Novo ad infinitum

He knows where the goal is for sure.

How's his general play and would he link with Morelos?

Having two strikers that actually score regularly is a novel idea!

Did our board make any suggestions that we actually wanted him or just fan hearsay?

He's certainly banging them in.

Would he be another MOH where he can't cope with us but flourishes with a lower team

Doing it in front of a couple of 1200 easily pleased schemies at Fir Park is a different kettle of fish to doing it in front of 50k demanding Bears at Ibrox.

Garner and Waghorn have far superior pedigree and have had far more impressive careers than Moult will and neither of them could hack it.

For Louis Moult see Andrius Velicka. An extremely limited player having a purple patch in a pish league who would be an utter waste of cash.

Back