Mad Madden and the angry conversation?

MDM

When Madden was having a rather angry exchange with one of the Celtic ground staff, do we know what it was about?

I've heard it mentioned that it was about the ball getting returned, but I also noticed that there was the odd missile thrown at our players...

Coincidently, afterwards the security seemed to be increased at the corner where the Green Brigade gather. Could it be he wasn't happy with some of the songs he heard?

And will it be reported - whatever it was.

When Madden was having a rather angry exchange with one of the Celtic ground staff, do we know what it was about?

I've heard it mentioned that it was about the ball getting returned, but I also noticed that there was the odd missile thrown at our players...

Coincidently, afterwards the security seemed to be increased at the corner where the Green Brigade gather. Could it be he wasn't happy with some of the songs he heard?

And will it be reported - whatever it was.

Eh? When has a referee ever done anything about what the crowd are singing?

It's something there should probably be a rule about in the SFA or SPFL rules, to prevent clubs abusing it. Until there is, we should be doing the same as them, quick returns for our players and putting the ball on the deck for theirs.

I thought it might have been about the ball-boys but he pointed towards the Celtic end at one point during the rant which is why I noticed the amount of high-viz jackets in the corner later.

It's something there should probably be a rule about in the SFA or SPFL rules, to prevent clubs abusing it. Until there is, we should be doing the same as them, quick returns for our players and putting the ball on the deck for theirs.
Can we not just give each dugout a supply of balls and the subs, coaches, manager can launch one on the pitch when it goes out.

Works well in the amateurs...unless we get the odd sliced feed ;-)

Certainly was not the songs he heard! They are bellowed out loud and clear in their true vile bigot form every week that shower of scum play! Will never stop as the SNP clearly have only an issue with our support. C.unts.

Haha, the ref thats not given any decisions against Celtic for about 15 years is going to report them for sectarian singing.

He was lovin every second of that game !

Is it European games where there are multiple balls dotted about the stadium placed on cones? Would stop all this bullshit from wee guys wanting to get a bit of clout online.
That is in place. The problem was the ball boy kicked it off the cone when McGregor went to get the ball.

Cant believe we are still talking about this though. It is not as if they were hanging on to a 1 goal lead.

It was about the ball boys, not a first for this either. I remember in the 80’s when they were winning the ball boys would take forever to return the ball. It’s just the kind of club they are.
In bred junior 19th Century Terrorist scum, what else would you expect from that lot?

Jim Jefferies told them to f*ck off, to be precise.
The story I’d heard was that it was the chairman who was told Septic would be bringing their own ball boys.
He replied that they can bring who they want but they aren’t getting on the pitch.

The story I’d heard was that it was the chairman who was told Septic would be bringing their own ball boys.
He replied that they can bring who they want but they aren’t getting on the pitch.
Gordon Marshall revealed that the mind games had begun before kick-off that day.

He said: “Celtic called Jim Jefferies before the game to say that they’d be bringing down their own ball boys to ensure that there was a multi-ball system for whenever the ball went out of play.

“Jim told them in no uncertain terms that he wasn’t having that.”

A classless bunch of cnuts and the fact that they beat us so easily sits very painfully. An abject performance made worse by their classless kids. Our team should be ashamed.

Didn't Everton take the ball boys off when they were winning, or at least take all the spare balls away?

Is it European games where there are multiple balls dotted about the stadium placed on cones? Would stop all this bullshit from wee guys wanting to get a bit of clout online.
We played Ross County at the weekend and the ball boys seemed to find it difficult to find a ball when we had a throw in or corner. At one time I thought the club only had one ball.

Out of interest, how was his overall performance?

Beaton of late in games with us has been rather decent (by his and Scottish standards), wonder how Madden did. Not that he needed to intervene given our performance.

I've never seen ballboys actually kick balls away, when an away player is about to retrieve them.
Slow return yes, but kicking it away is unacceptable, classless behavior, and anyone saying we would or should do similar is talking nonsense.
Would have started a riot, but I would have laughed if McGregor had volleyed the wee prick up in the air.

A classless bunch of cnuts and the fact that they beat us so easily sits very painfully. An abject performance made worse by their classless kids. Our team should be ashamed.
They are probably to scared to bend down to pick a ball up in that midden, who can blame them.

TBH, the ball boys were taking the piss with Mcgregor, but - how many times have we seen Mcgregor taking the piss when we're winning?

Slowing the game down is fine. It's part of home advantage.

However the ones who goaded the Rangers players and/or entered the pitch to slag Rangers players are classless.

One of my neighbours does it and he'd never do anything like that. A fine young man. Let's hope they give more chances to kids like that and not the Rangers hating weirdos from the other night.

Back