Mad Madden and the angry conversation?

It was about the ball boys, I'm sure. Wee fannies are there to give the ball back, not act the wideo kicking the ball away etc.
It reflects on the club. I genuinely can’t imagine our ball boys doing it. It’s one thing not rushing to get the ball but to start kicking it away is classless and pathetic especially when they were winning so comfortably anyway.

How many times have you seen ballboys kick the ball away . I've never known it to happen in any other ground.....wheras Mcgregors antics ( I take you're referring to time wasting ) are repeated in every other ground.
Not really the same thing.......

Rule 9,999,999 states that if ball boys waste time in returning the ball to the opposing team more than 3 times during a match then 3 points will be awarded to the opposing team . :rolleyes::shh:

How many times have you seen ballboys kick the ball away . I've never known it to happen in any other ground.....wheras Mcgregors antics ( I take you're referring to time wasting ) are repeated in every other ground.
Not really the same thing.......
A few times actually. Eden Hazrd got sent off for kicking a Swansea ball boy who tried to keep the ball.
This one will be a favourite. Italy v England 2014 World Cup. The England keeper was clearly heard shouting at the ballboy" give me the fucking ball now".
That keeper was - - - - Joe Hart.

It was about the ball boys, not a first for this either. I remember in the 80’s when they were winning the ball boys would take forever to return the ball. It’s just the kind of club they are.
In the 60’s they removed them if winning near the end of the game.
At that time, the game finished at 4:40 regardless.

A few times actually. Eden Hazrd got sent off for kicking a Swansea ball boy who tried to keep the ball.
This one will be a favourite. Italy v England 2014 World Cup. The England keeper was clearly heard shouting at the ballboy" give me the fucking ball now".
That keeper was - - - - Joe Hart.
Not in Scotland then or any other Scottish ground and your two examples aren't kicking the ball away , I 'll bow out as I don't think you're grasping the point , I and others are making.

3-0 pumping from the Tims and there's nearly 50 posts on here blaming the ballboys?! o_O

FFS get a grip
No one's blaming the ball boys for the defeat.

People are pointing out the unusual and desperate depths that club will stoop to in order to

a. Delay the restart of the game when Rangers were due possession

b. The very deliberate disrespect to our players especially McGregor - something that whoever was in charge of the ballboys has either ignored or possibly encouraged.

Last edited:
Out of opposition by time wasting when we're winning. Not the same when you have to explain it.
Every goalkeeper does it. At Ibrox they do it when they're still in the match and of course the big difference is, when McGregor does it there's a chance he'll get booked.

It still has sod all to do with the behaviour of the yahoo ball boys though.

Every goalkeeper does it. At Ibrox they do it when they're still in the match and of course the big difference is, when McGregor does it there's a chance he'll get booked.

It still has sod all to do with the behaviour of the yahoo ball boys though

It still has sod all to do with the behaviour of the yahoo ball boys though.
Don't you think it's all to do with Mcgregor's persona?

Out of interest, how was his overall performance?

Beaton of late in games with us has been rather decent (by his and Scottish standards), wonder how Madden did. Not that he needed to intervene given our performance.
He didn't have to do anything, we made it easy for him to referee by having a few players suffering an arse collapse at kick off.

Had we made a game of it he would have had to have earned his money

I can only remember him getting booked once in the league this season.
I think it might be twice. But the fact is despite every goaslkeeper in the league doing against us, some from early in the first half, I can't think of one booking.

But we're getting way off track.

And we would have found it hilarious had the boot been on the other foot
Absolutely not. Little things like that are what cement the fundamental differences between our clubs. They are snide, classless and base from cradle to grave.

When Madden was having a rather angry exchange with one of the Celtic ground staff, do we know what it was about?

I've heard it mentioned that it was about the ball getting returned, but I also noticed that there was the odd missile thrown at our players...

Coincidently, afterwards the security seemed to be increased at the corner where the Green Brigade gather. Could it be he wasn't happy with some of the songs he heard?

And will it be reported - whatever it was.
The c….nt was not even able to stop play for a head knock never mind report anything for singing

Can you imagine the media if that first goal had happened at the other end?
Didn’t Madden stop the game immediately when Jota pulled up with a hamstring injury in the Celtic V Hearts game late last year when Hearts were breaking on Celtic’s penalty area. I never knew a hamstring injury could be life-threatening!

And we would have found it hilarious had the boot been on the other foot
Fair enough, but it's another drop in standards for the ball boys to start that shit. If we keep going this way there will be 45 minutes of actual playing in a 90 minute game. Get ceptic warned there can be no repeat.

Back