That Mhob in Duke Street

Slightly off topic, but this reminds me of an old song I haven't heard for years, I can only remember a couple of the lines...
"..and the sound of breaking glass.."
"...you might get into Bridgeton, but you'll never got out alive..."
May be wrong lines, but can anyone confirm the title and the full song?

Slightly off topic, but this reminds me of an old song I haven't heard for years, I can only remember a couple of the lines...
So listen all you Celtic fans, just turn your bus around
You might get in to Bridgeton but you’ll never get fucking out

Think it’s boys from the toll?

It looks like they were trying to get along to the Bristol Bar and the cops cut them off hence the run down Bluevale st . Drank in the The Ally bar in the 70s- it was a mixed shop then, the Crown was a Celtic shop IIRC

My grand parents lived on Bluevale most of their lives and my grampa drank in the Ally, big Billy would have had a go with them the other night. Miss you auld yin

We can make jokes about them all we want, but sooner or later one of them will pull a blade and we'll be looking at best, a serious injury or even worse.

Then what?

Boys from the toll. Not off topic, that's the reference mate. :))

The difference is theirs is making a political point whereas the UB was just bigoted. Had GB sang get all the Brits out of Ireland or UB sang go home all IRA then it would be roles reversed.

As is generally the case they are cute enough to work within the legislation. Something our boys need to be better at frankly.

We all know what they mean when they give it the "Brits out" routine, and it ain't just our soldiers!

They might be cute, but having lived in this city all my life, I know 19th Century Terrorist1sm when I see or hear it.

One day at Brigton Cross
A Celtic bus went past
And all that you could hear
Was the sound of breaking glass
So listen all you 19th century terrorists
And turn your buses round
You might get into Brigton
But you'll never get effing out!!

One day at Brigton Cross
A Celtic bus went past
And all that you could hear
Was the sound of breaking glass
So listen all you 19th century terrorists
And turn your buses round
You might get into Brigton
But you'll never get effing out!!
Always followed by;

We're the boys from the Toll
We're loyal and we're true
And if we meet a 19th century terrorist
We're ready for a do
To the cry of No Surrender
You'll know us by our noise
It's good luck to the Glasgow Rangers
And the Brigton Derry Boys

We all know what they mean when they give it the "Brits out" routine, and it ain't just our soldiers!

They might be cute, but having lived in this city all my life, I know 19th Century Terrorist1sm when I see or hear it.
Considering their singing a song and not one of them will be irish, it's got bigotry all over it.

Their singing about their own army ffs. Never thought I'd see the day in this country that our govt is on page with sinn fein. They can kid on there playing politics for now, but they won't be long handing over to the provos if it doesn't go their way.

Meanwhile, our govt and media have given them a free pass. When do we stop running.

Last edited:
3 held it's saying in Glasgow times online after what happened at the Ally bar on Wednesday, now I'm pretty damn sure that means 3 scumtic fans, as we all know if it had been Gers fans attacking a slophouse of theirs it would not be just saying 3 held.

It looks like they were trying to get along to the Bristol Bar and the cops cut them off hence the run down Bluevale st . Drank in the The Ally bar in the 70s- it was a mixed shop then, the Crown was a Celtic shop IIRC
"Crown" a celtc bar - surely not!

Lets not be kidded in the 80,s early 90,s when we were organised these nonetities where a joke hope the days come back soon and stop these wee assholes running around the city.

Lets not be kidded in the 80,s early 90,s when we were organised these nonetities where a joke hope the days come back soon and stop these wee assholes running around the city.

From most reports this is still the case

The police are a joke though surely in a police force someone will watch this and say wtf were u up to haha

Heard that it was 6 scum GB that got garaged along with 2 Rangers lads. That's two Rangers pubs attacked in as many months. It's liberty taking. This needs nipped in the bud. Organisation and coordination is key here.
The supporters, in conjunction with the pubs need to get more organised now. One day that mob will get lucky and there will be serious injuries on our side or worse if they are allowed to carry on like this.
We need to do it ourselves. The cops are too scared, politically, to stop them.

From what i've heard if they go near The Bristol it would be a big mistake although i'm sure someone from that area will correct me if i'm wrong

Back