We're the boys from the Toll
We're loyal and we're true
And if we meet a 19th century terrorist
We're ready for a do
To the cry of No Surrender
You'll know us by our noise
It's good luck to the Glasgow Rangers
And the Brigton Derry Boys
Now we just need the Mermaid verse please sir!

If your feeling tired and weary
And your heart has skipped a beat
You'll get your f@~#ing head kicked in
If you walk down James' Street
Take a walk into the Mermaid
And you'll hear a famous noise
Get out ya fe#@%n ba#@£$d
We're the Brigton Billy Boys
I thank yaw

It looks like they were trying to get along to the Bristol Bar and the cops cut them off hence the run down Bluevale st . Drank in the The Ally bar in the 70s- it was a mixed shop then, the Crown was a Celtic shop IIRC

Still is.

Don't think it was The Green Brigade was it not that mob called The Bhoys that that prick Muirhead is in

Dunno but you do get some mentally challengeds or used to on match days.

Mostly it’s 95/5
these days we run a a rangers supporters bus from aly bar, that attack was pre-planned i heard the only ones arrested were rangers fans from the pub, typical f***ing polis

Must be about 10 year ago now but they had a CSC from greenock/or Port Glasgow I'm sure that started drinking in the Ally Bar pre match at the piggery... then they where joined by a few locals thinking they owned the place over the next few months. Anyway so over the next few month's tensions where simmering so one day we decided they where getting told straight...

So one day 3 boys.. who I won't name lol walked into the opposite side of the bar from where the rest of us was standing and basically pretended that someone nudge one of their drinks and that was that... they got belted about the pub before we chased them outside and booted them all over Duke st..
That was probably the last time they went anywhere near it,

The Crown Creighton on duke street isnt a celtic pub, they drink in there before games & the owner is a tim but hes a good guy. Its not an out & out celtic shop during the week. No colours allowed

Must be about 10 year ago now but they had a CSC from greenock/or Port Glasgow I'm sure that started drinking in the Ally Bar pre match at the piggery... then they where joined by a few locals thinking they owned the place over the next few months. Anyway so over the next few month's tensions where simmering so one day we decided they where getting told straight...

So one day 3 boys.. who I won't name lol walked into the opposite side of the bar from where the rest of us was standing and basically pretended that someone nudge one of their drinks and that was that... they got belted about the pub before we chased them outside and booted them all over Duke st..
Worked with a couple of that lot from greenock a long time ago some of the most horrible bastards I've ever met in my life

ive worked in aly bar i’m a punter in aly bar that mob from greenock/port glasgow never ever came into the aly 10 years ago

I stayed in Finlay drive for a couple of years during the late nineties. Was there not a pub across from the bottom of white hill st around that time? I was unreliably informed at the time that it was a Celtic pub?

Last edited:
I stayed in Finlay drive for a couple of years during the late nineties. Was there not a pub across from the bottom of white hill road around that time? I was unreliably informed at the time that it was a Celtic pub?
It it was ramseys don't think it was a football bar....now the calais

The Crown Creighton on duke street isnt a celtic pub, they drink in there before games & the owner is a tim but hes a good guy. Its not an out & out celtic shop during the week. No colours allowed
Yeah I'm sure it's pretty mixed during the week and a decent pub.

Yeas they did every home game at the piggery. Next time your in ask Diane and John or even a few of the boys who still drink in it. Like I said it was 10 year at least. Could be 13 maybe 14.
You're correct mate, a few of them from buses from Port Glasgow and one from Croy used to come in every fortnight, they were told the Ally is a bears pub and to hide their "colours" but after coming in a few times they started to get wide and were "asked" to no longer frequent the establishment :shh:

The Ally's a Loyalist pub and has been as long as I can remember and I've drank in Duke St for 30 odd years...as a poster said earlier, the window are mostly plastic cos I glazed them :cool:

Back