Comments Kris Boyd made about Callum McGregor

"As a Rangers supporter, I must admit it was a hard watch, but one thing I did enjoy about was hearing McGregor refer to the derby as the Old Firm.
I thought that term had been banned by everyone at Celtic Park. I just hope Cal didn’t end up with rapped knuckles to go with his fractured cheekbone."

It'll be for that.

I thought McGregor was reminiscent of Brown with his behaviour and for that, never mind the broken bones, he should have been getting hard challenges put in. We were horrifically gutless on Wednesday. Like Murty’s team
I couldn’t believe he was on a yellow from near the start and we weren’t running at him with the ball at every opportunity. Barasic should’ve been trying to get past him, Kent should’ve been running at him. One more bad tackle and he was off and we didn’t even force a tackle out of him. Nowhere near street smart enough.

Tbh its a joke Boyd is still talking like this, we would be the same if it was the other way around. No wonder football is so bad here when this stuff is still openly been talked about.

I couldn’t believe he was on a yellow from near the start and we weren’t running at him with the ball at every opportunity. Barasic should’ve been trying to get past him, Kent should’ve been running at him. One more bad tackle and he was off and we didn’t even force a tackle out of him. Nowhere near street smart enough.
Aye and did you see the stats Captain of the Scum 3 bookings ALL season Catain of Rangers 6 , and if Fr Clancy's excuse is endemic of the refs then I can see why, but again Law 19 is being used here you shalt not caution the Celtic Captain.......see the Manchild's stats as an example.
Hopefully Johnny 2 Jabs Hayes will have a pop at Zorro!

Tbh its a joke Boyd is still talking like this, we would be the same if it was the other way around. No wonder football is so bad here when this stuff is still openly been talked about.
There woudn't be another way around, there would be no need for it. A bandaged-faced Rangers player would have been fair game from the kick off.

It's called reality. A concept the club and a large portion of our support don't ever seem to have grasped.

Can someone show me where he suggests that our players should have tried to inflict damage to him?

All he said was he is surprised he made it out the game without that happening.

Reaching.

When Callum McGregor closed down Barisic and then roared at him as he passed the ball backwards I went nuts. Went mad because I know not one of our team would take note of that and make sure they wiped him out next time he was near the ball. As much as he was right about Barisic, he’s got a cheek to slag any player for going backwards.

Our players are absolute wet wipes, McGregor is a pussy and would be easily squashed if any of them were up for it.

Last edited:
"As a Rangers supporter, I must admit it was a hard watch, but one thing I did enjoy about was hearing McGregor refer to the derby as the Old Firm.
I thought that term had been banned by everyone at Celtic Park. I just hope Cal didn’t end up with rapped knuckles to go with his fractured cheekbone."

It'll be for that.
There's nothing wrong with that.

Completely agree with Boyds sentiment, the fact that no-one in the squad gave one to McGregor is emblematic of the lack of aggression we carried on Wednesday night.

Yet I don't think he should have said it publicly.

Are Septic complaining that Boyd suggested somebody should deliberately do something to test McGregor’s injury?
They’ll be demanding Sky take him off the air now.
Think it will be this

"Look at Celtic. Callum McGregor played with a fractured cheekbone.
The fact he managed to get through the 90 minutes without anyone testing out that face mask is another story..."

Tbh it’s not a joke, as Boyd is only saying what we already know.

The mhanks have been told not to refer to the game as the Old Firm, as we apparently died some time ago.

McGregor let his mask slip in calling it the Old Firm!

Nothing wrong with calling them out on this as far as I am concerned.

I cant say it never crossed my mind that had he been challenged in the air he may have thought twice? Anyway his baws need connected to Borna's boot for what he shouted at him! ;)

Sort a stuff Roy Keene says about every week in the PL and naecunt ever gets offended by it. This country and that club are an utter embarrassment.

Back