When did hearts fans become so bad ?

I think it's a Glasgow-Edinburgh thing. I remember being outside Parkhead during the 93 SC semi final, I couldn't get a ticket and after our second went in they came out shouting and singing about Glaswegian bastards. Then, after working in Edinburgh for over 15 years, you find out how much they really look down their noses at us. Another wee bit of hatred in Scotland that gets ignored. Just laugh at them .

I know lots of hearts fans who if hearts folded tomorrow would support rangers. I would mix up the new age nationalists lefty wankers with traditional jambos

Shoulda kept the kunts in there until an hour after the match ended 'for their own safety'.

Then let them out about 3 minutes before the last train departed Ibrox Subway station.

One of the young yins that go in with the UB's come into the EE near the end of game saying the hertz mhob were throwing their scarves in the bins outside.

Work beside one and he is as bitter as they come. Says the reason they will never win the league is because the sfa won’t allow it. Got no time for them at all. The fans hate hibs more than they like hearts.. very weird bunch. They are just desperate to be considered a “big club” but let’s be honest they are as tin pot as the rest of the league.
Out of the diddy teams in Scotland possibly only Aberdeen have a bigger chip on their shoulder than that shower.

They've been like that since the championship season as if some form of rivalry exists between the clubs similar to Hibs because they beat us in a cup final.

I’ve always thought of a typical Hearts fan as a middle aged guy with a beer belly and a moustache he’s had since the 1980s.

There was a thread a few years ago om the Hearts version of this.
Would you rather Rangers win the league or celtic win 10iar.
Most would have rather 10iar
Blew my mind
Well on JKB that wasn't the case .There seems more leaning towards Rangers them Celtic in general.A lot lean neither way.
JKB is apparently a bit middle class type as well in general, though I wouldn't call wattie from the exploited , middle class ish.
From what I gather ,the older lads , Probably 50+ now were /are good PUL stock,then you have the 25-50 year olds who seem to have brought into the Indy/ neo liberal crap.There is a young mob who are unashamedly PUL ,much to the dismay of the Indy lovers

Most of them look and act like this weapon.

bcfd5790-c733-44d1-9a79-43b62658aaab-profile_image-300x300.png

Good job on picking the most Rangers friendly and unbiased Hearts supporter.

Bantz

I’m over it already mate. If it was either of the poets I’d still be fizzing.
Think people need to realise that JKB isn't that representative of HM support.
Tbf ,even on there ,what iv read ,is a few moaning about not being a match for Rangers yet most having a more balanced view that RN should be given a pass for yesterday as ,and it's true , yesterday isn't going to impact on finishing 3rd.
And most have enough brains to know 3rd, after promotion isn't a bad season at all

I think they might just be trying harder to fit into the cult of hating Rangers due to perceived allegiances of the past. 2012 coinciding with the rise of social media, an increasingly biased, bigoted media, and nationalism is what changed it all. It’s only going to get worse now with younger generations being fed the Rangers = bad narrative from compromised state sponsored media.

If someone is a pwick the colour of their scarf doesn't alter the fact they are a pwick
Always liked the Hearts support and the atmosphere they can create at Tynecastle but the dicks have always been among them as seen when Mark Walters ripped them to shreds
First went to Tynecastle tail end of 76/7 season and for 90 mins they sang anti Rangers or Glaswegian stuff while we pumped them on the pitch
Much like these days

In my experience they’ve always been petty bastards unless a bluenose was running them, specifically Alec MacDonald. Jim Jefferies time wasn’t too bad given that he was at least a Hertz fan but compare him with that fanny Levein - night and day.

Since 2012 their support has celebrated our liquidation over their administration as some sort of oneupmanship because they can’t beat us on the park - as I say, petty as fcuk. All the while conveniently forgetting that Salmond called in favours to allow them to write off debts which would have seen them probably go out of existence.

As for the supporters, they used to be the least obnoxious towards us of all Scotland’s top team supports but those days are gone. The hatred is here to stay and the delusional amongst them will never really leave them as they fancy themselves as a ‘big’ club.

The last decade has been a watershed for everyone. And in recent machinations, their board and supporters have extremely short memories - hell mend them.

As far back as 30 years ago i remember Hearts fans spitting at us and shouting Weegie ba@tards as we walked up Gorgie Rd, at the same time though we shared many a pub with no hassle at all, like every support some decent some not so.
I think it is probably as much an Edinburgh thing as anything else and I was saying so just last Week, there has always been this one sided rivalry from them against Glasgow and I think they were insulted we never felt the same and it has got worse since they built that wee diddy parliament it seems to have given them a sense of superiority.

I'm sorry bears but I have no time for any fans or clubs other than Rangers, these people tried to destroy us never forget this and now all hate the way we have come back to be successful once again.
So let them all hang as they grow with there rotten clubs and reap what they sow they all deserve each other.
WATP
Too right bud never forget

I think that every other fanbase in Scotland prefers Celtic over us
No doubt about it i work with a wide range of guys from all over scotland who support all sorts of teams,i cant think of any who have a leaning towards us the only ones are english guys who mostly prefer us to them as they see them for whst they are horrible peado terrorist lovers.

They’ve allowed themselves to listen to tarries on their fans sites and become Rangers haters like the others. Short memories

I've known 2 Hearts fans in my lifetime, both utter wankers who hated us more than they loved their own wee diddy club.

Saw two mounted cops having words with a Rangers fan just at the ticket office pre match after getting involved with a few cretin hearts supporters singing songs to obviously antagonise us. Police ignored them but not the Gers fan. Typical.

was speaking to a few after the last home game and we’re brand new. Were of the older vintage right enough.

Seems like changed days. Hearts fans were brand new way back in the May 1976 SFA Cup Final when we beat them 3 v 1 to claim the our first treble in 12 years. Many of us were in the old open 'Celtic end' of Hampden along with Hearts fans and we shared our smuggled in booze carry outs and cigs with each other. When the game ended they shook hands and congratulated us.

The official attendance was 85.000 but it must have been 100.000 plus we were crammed so tight. The only spaces that opened up amongst the crowd was when someone took a piss down the terracing! Happy days.
Nonsense there were hundreds of cans and bottles thrown at each other sides i got hit with a bottle and I must have threw at least 10 bottles and cans at the Hearts fans in the "celtic end" at the side of the main stand where most of the trouble happened

There scum fans they had more to say on there fans forums than the scum did wanting us booted out of Scottish football

WATP

Old school Jambos are generally good guys. Proud unionists who understand that there has been a historical bond between our clubs.

The young team at Hearts are a bunch of Nationalist wanks, who are sadly taking over.

My cousins are old school jambos, who will generally want Rangers to beat Hibs/Celtic. One of them is married to a Nat jambo, who would want Hibs to beat us. Totally bizarre.

Nonsense there were hundreds of cans and bottles thrown at each other sides i got hit with a bottle and I must have threw at least 10 bottles and cans at the Hearts fans in the "celtic end" at the side of the main stand where most of the trouble happened
Yep, I was in there and it was pretty frightening for a young kid.

Without quoting Rangerista’s long post, he hit the nail on the head.

I remember listening to Radio Scotland back in 2012 when they were discussing Hearts financial problems - players not having been paid for a month, agreeing with the SFA decision of an extended time limit to allow Romanov to come up with the cash rather than impose a points deduction, and so on.

The conclusion at the end was summed up by Richard Gordon when he said we can’t allow another club to go the way of Rangers - the football authorities must do something to save Hearts.

We’re hated because of an agenda. Rangers haters like Gordon have a platform to champion the cause of one club yet become a cheerleader for opposition fans to ensure Rangers drop three divisions despite SPFL clubs being content with a drop to the Championship.

The majority of football pundits around the world would be asking what can be done for any club in such a position - except in Scotland.

Another reason for despising the hypocritical implementation of “The Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012” , was that the two provincial clubs in Edinburgh and Aberdeen were facilitated to recite the heinous football song “ In your Glasgow slums” with impunity .
They continue to do it to this day. Meanwhile we aren’t allowed to sing traditional Rangers songs to inspire our team, for fear of offending legislators in Edinburgh. is an outrage.

The lines of the “Glasgow slum song” are more offensive as they victimise children.
A song were young Rangers fans are exposed to here” your ma’s a steamer , your da”s a drug dealer, in your Glasgow slums”.

Add in the billions of Uk tax payers cash ( Scottish budget) that never leaves their city, gargantuan inward investment , from nationalists looking after their own that is consistently provided. They have a superior complex that is decimated every time they witness our amazing supporters and club.

So aside from the fake hooligan following that is regurgitated by the clubs, the corrupt political governance of Scotland, produces an ignorant envy of the working class British values that shine as bright as our trophy room every other Saturday.

No one likes us we don’t care

Think people need to realise that JKB isn't that representative of HM support.
Tbf ,even on there ,what iv read ,is a few moaning about not being a match for Rangers yet most having a more balanced view that RN should be given a pass for yesterday as ,and it's true , yesterday isn't going to impact on finishing 3rd.
And most have enough brains to know 3rd, after promotion isn't a bad season at all
There are more dafties on there than there needs to be but we have to accept yesterday was a reality check. The hun/newco/zombie patter was what drove me off there and it’s still a thing unfortunately with too many.

I know lots of hearts fans who if hearts folded tomorrow would support rangers. I would mix up the new age nationalists lefty wankers with traditional jambos
I don’t think anyone needs me to tell them, if Hearts weren’t a club anymore I would support whatever phoenix club may arise from that, and Rangers. I always wish Rangers well in any case, just not days like yesterday :rolleyes:

I've got a theory that they ain't heart fans and tims in disguise.

There is one a tragic weasel called Andy Jackson who is definitely a Jambo but really wants celtic fans to like him.

Ticks all the sevco moon howler boxes.

Funny thing is hes always having digs about Morelos saying no one wants him well that's fine he will just stay and hes gaurenteed at least 4 goals a season against Hearts.

He was probably acting the hard man as he knew there were loads cops there to save him. I bet he shit himself when you had go back. It’s problem with society in general now that anyone can be target no matter about age or gender.
Its nothing to do with society it's about 2012 & us being Rangers .

Nonsense is a rather strong word. I can only relate my own experience of the day and the group of Hearts and Rangers fans I was with in the section that we were in were fine. Drink and cigs were shared. We would have been near the top of the terracing and mid way across the 'Celtic end'. At the time I lived in Northern Ireland and had travelled over with a Northern Ireland Supporters Club. Some of them are still close friends and they all still talk of the surprise experience with Hearts fans as it was our club's first Rangers game. In fact it was a day trip and we were late arriving and had missed DJ's 'early' goal.

You were obviously in a different part of the ground. Sorry to hear that you get hit with a bottle and I do believe your bad experience that day. Post #96 also states there was trouble that day. However, there wasn't any trouble in the section we were in.and we didn't see the trouble taking place.With a crowd of 85.000 (going on 100.000 plus) there is going to be a lot of different experiences throughout the old Hampdump.

Last edited:
Round about 2012, when supporters of the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen and Dundee Utd were giving it big licks, it was somewhat of a solace to know that, as bad as it got for us, we’d still be back winning league titles before them.

To be fair, if I was then I’d be raging too. But at my own club.

"You let your club die!".

The tale of how Hearts escaped the consequences of Romanov's ownership, is the scandal whose story will not be told.

Alex "Sleepy Cuddles" Salmond and the Edinburgh legal establishment conspired to save them from the consequences of the industrial money laundering at Tynecastle.

And the Hearts fans, like the Auld Reekie clique, are willfully ignorant of the dirty deeds done to this day to save their club.

I admire the efforts of The Foundation of Hearts, they have not been found wanting and I'm glad they've succeeded in saving Hearts for future generations.

But they really need to honestly address the last few years and how exactly their club was "saved", and the spiral of financial entanglement and deviousness stretching from Lithuania, to Russia and the New Town, that has never been explained.
By their own logic their club 'died' in the early 20th century (maybe 1908?) because they had a holding company wound up.

Morons.

I live just down the road from Tynecastle and work with quite a few Hearts fans and generally find them to be quite decent - just the usual banter which you expect.

I think people's behaviour at a match within their own fans can be a good bit different and the Hearts young team do seem to be fannies, but as far as other clubs in Scotland go they're far from the worst.

If you lived in Edinburgh, you would quickly find out that a lot of the ‘ traditional ‘ Hearts fans are in fact now Scottish Nationalists.

Back