When did hearts fans become so bad ?

Think people need to realise that JKB isn't that representative of HM support.
Tbf ,even on there ,what iv read ,is a few moaning about not being a match for Rangers yet most having a more balanced view that RN should be given a pass for yesterday as ,and it's true , yesterday isn't going to impact on finishing 3rd.
And most have enough brains to know 3rd, after promotion isn't a bad season at all

Lol, WTF is it representative of then?

Well on JKB that wasn't the case .There seems more leaning towards Rangers them Celtic in general.A lot lean neither way.
JKB is apparently a bit middle class type as well in general, though I wouldn't call wattie from the exploited , middle class ish.
From what I gather ,the older lads , Probably 50+ now were /are good PUL stock,then you have the 25-50 year olds who seem to have brought into the Indy/ neo liberal crap.There is a young mob who are unashamedly PUL ,much to the dismay of the Indy lovers
Jkb? If that's jambo kickback then that's exactly the site it was on.
The thread was shared on here.
The majority would rather 10iar, because they couldn't stomach us winning anything after the years of cheating to win.

The majority would rather 10iar, because they couldn't stomach us winning anything after the years of cheating to win.

That place is full of financial experts who are utterly obsessed with our finances. They are almost as bad as the Kerryfail accountants.

I monitored the Kickback forum just prior to the cup final v Hibs in 2016. Most of them preferred us to win but there was a significant minority wanting their so called city rivals to win.
The big eye opener for me though is the sheer amount of Hearts fans who would have attended games in the 60’s and 70’s who are now Scottish Nationalists these days.
Anybody who thinks they are somehow our friends are seriously mistaken.

Last edited:
Seems like changed days. Hearts fans were brand new way back in the May 1976 SFA Cup Final when we beat them 3 v 1 to claim the our first treble in 12 years. Many of us were in the old open 'Celtic end' of Hampden along with Hearts fans and we shared our smuggled in booze carry outs and cigs with each other. When the game ended they shook hands and congratulated us.

The official attendance was 85.000 but it must have been 100.000 plus we were crammed so tight. The only spaces that opened up amongst the crowd was when someone took a piss down the terracing! Happy days.

Lol.
You definitely recall that a lot differently from me then!
I too was in that end like many of us had to as the turnstiles at the Rangers end were shut around KO time due to the massive crowd. We missed DJ's opener and we stood at the top of the terracing. We had a great view of the Hearts fans slinging bottles and cans at celebrating Rangers fans. To be fair the Gers fans they were targeting were soon throwing them straight back. We were lucky in that we were not in the line of fire.
There were about 8 or 9 hertz buses left bathgate for the game and when they came back home they rioted in the centre of the town. But all you heard and read about was the supposed thuggery of Rangers fans.

Then there was their disgraceful treatment of a fine footballer, Mark Walters...

The younger generation of football fan has grown up to hate Rangers - many young Hearts fans may well have been sucked into this hatefest.

I've never had a problem at Tynecastle though - never seen any trouble either.

Lol.
You definitely recall that a lot differently from me then!
I too was in that end like many of us had to as the turnstiles at the Rangers end were shut around KO time due to the massive crowd. We missed DJ's opener and we stood at the top of the terracing. We had a great view of the Hearts fans slinging bottles and cans at celebrating Rangers fans. To be fair the Gers fans they were targeting were soon throwing them straight back. We were lucky in that we were not in the line of fire.
There were about 8 or 9 hertz buses left bathgate for the game and when they came back home they rioted in the centre of the town. But all you heard and read about was the supposed thuggery of Rangers fans.

Then there was their disgraceful treatment of a fine footballer, Mark Walters...

I was member of a new Northern Ireland Rangers Supporters Club that day. It was our first trip to a Rangers match. It was actually a day trip with a 4 hour ferry crossing and a 3 hour coach drive back then. Drink was consumed in the club even before we left at some ungodly hour. You could carry and drink alcohol on coaches back then.

Between the club, ferry and coach trip and carry outs into the ground a powerful lot of alcohol was consumed. I am not surprised if I missed seeing the trouble!.My innebriated focus was on seeing the Rangers and the iconic blue shirts etc for the first time in the flesh.

Honestly there was a time I would have cared about Hearts ,now I couldn’t give a toss .
Treat them like every other hater , smash them pick them up and smash them again .

I monitored the Kickback forum just prior to the cup final v Hibs in 2016. Most of them preferred us to win but there was a significant minority wanting their so called city rivals to win.
The big eye opener for me though is the sheer amount of Hearts fans who would have attended games in the 60’s and 70’s who are now Scottish Nationalists these days.
Anybody who thinks they are somehow our friends are seriously mistaken.
This was when we first challenged under Gerrard, about 2019, before we collapsed.

The younger generation of football fan has grown up to hate Rangers - many young Hearts fans may well have been sucked into this hatefest.

I've never had a problem at Tynecastle though - never seen any trouble either.
The internet and forums have a lot to do with it. Ive always said if the internet hadnt existed then we would never have been put down the leagues. Its given a platform to bams who wouldve been ignored in the past and allowed them to spread absolute shite.

Nonsense is a rather strong word. I can only relate my own experience of the day and the group of Hearts and Rangers fans I was with in the section that we were in were fine. Drink and cigs were shared. We would have been near the top of the terracing and mid way across the 'Celtic end'. At the time I lived in Northern Ireland and had travelled over with a Northern Ireland Supporters Club. Some of them are still close friends and they all still talk of the surprise experience with Hearts fans as it was our club's first Rangers game. In fact it was a day trip and we were late arriving and had missed DJ's 'early' goal.

You were obviously in a different part of the ground. Sorry to hear that you get hit with a bottle and I do believe your bad experience that day. Post #96 also states there was trouble that day. However, there wasn't any trouble in the section we were in.and we didn't see the trouble taking place.With a crowd of 85.000 (going on 100.000 plus) there is going to be a lot of different experiences throughout the old Hampdump.
I will take out nonsense but it was carnage inside and outside the old "celtic end" at the main stand side of that terracing

Couldn't resist a wee peek at their forum after today's result.
What a rancid cesspit of Rangers hating scumbags.
Started reading just after half time and a few of them were actually brimming with optimism.
Their world fell apart soon after and the abject misery was absolutely joyous.

Herts....Hibs....two cheeks of the same arse.
Especially comments on Alfredo

Hearts fans that I know all hate C#ltic and not a problem with us.
Aye same, lived in Edinburgh for 7 years and most of the Hearts fans I know don't mind us, will generally be sound if we win in Europe or beat Sellick.

Hibs fans on the other hand...

Most of them look and act like this weapon.

bcfd5790-c733-44d1-9a79-43b62658aaab-profile_image-300x300.png

Ewen is- or was during the phone in days- very Rangers friendly.

Aye same, lived in Edinburgh for 7 years and most of the Hearts fans I know don't mind us, will generally be sound if we win in Europe or beat Sellick.

Hibs fans on the other hand...

Hearts fan in my work (office is full of tims) told me last season he wanted us getting through a few Europa league rounds to watch our colleagues start to shite themselves.

Worked in Edinburgh for years in the nineties and I can honestly say the Hearts fans in the work were some of the most dour and moaning faced bastards I have ever met. And I’m no Mr Charisma by any means. Called me a weegie kunt, behind my back as I was their boss, but always had a smile on my face when telling them the best bit of Edinburgh was the Glasgow train.

Seems like changed days. Hearts fans were brand new way back in the May 1976 SFA Cup Final when we beat them 3 v 1 to claim the our first treble in 12 years. Many of us were in the old open 'Celtic end' of Hampden along with Hearts fans and we shared our smuggled in booze carry outs and cigs with each other. When the game ended they shook hands and congratulated us.

The official attendance was 85.000 but it must have been 100.000 plus we were crammed so tight. The only spaces that opened up amongst the crowd was when someone took a piss down the terracing! Happy days.
There were a number of fights in the open end that day, the open end was packed with Bears, even pushing the gates open to get in.
At Tynecastle in the 70's there were regular battles with the Gorgie Aggro in the corner section.
I've no problem with hearts and a lot of Jambo's are sound, I take all their insults and 'banter' with a pinch of salt (and sauce)

Can not and will never be able to understand that.
There is something at work there.

As I've said so many times before, I remember Hearts fans mingling with their Rangers supporting mates queueing up to get into the Rangers end at Ibrox for a SC tie back in 1968.

What gets me is, that if the filth get their way, you lot are next in line for the gas chambers after us. That's the company some of your lot want to keep.

You reap what you sow. (Not you)

Horrible shower. Genuinely believe they'd rather souttar was going to Hibs than us. Tossers.

I work abroad and two jamobs I work with are as bitter as any of the tims, and also the point above about them being nationalists is also what I have seen.

Which is probably the most surprising thing a team that I would have in years gone past had sympathy for in their times of trouble and would have happily helped support the club similar to Motherwell when they were at their lowest ebb.

2012 changed everything the Jambos along ith Dundee Utd, Hibs, Sheep and the orcs from the east where the biggest fan bases revelling in our demise.

Out of all the clubs mentioned I wouldn't have given a seconds thought to the ones mentioned but I expected better from the Jambos.

For me they are in the same $hiteshow group as the above mentioned teams, 2012 the year in which we knew that "No One Likes Us! And we don't Care!"

and I personally wouldn't have it any other way...

What annoys me is that we should be allies.Backing each other on votes etc ,us loaning them players,them giving us first dibs at any decent player they will, inevitably,have to sell.I would have offered them Jack Simpson on an 18 month loan to have got Souttar in January.

You're right, they were all wanting the manks to win on Wednesday simply because we signed souter, well that was the excuse
My counterpart is a poster on Kerryfail. He’s an open Hearts fan like myself. We have a lot of mentally challenged sympathisers amongst our support and I don’t know if it’s the SNP influence. Whilst all my colleagues are Jambos (bar one Hobo who is actually not the worst) they are all nationalist and that’s a sad indictment imo.

As I've said so many times before, I remember Hearts fans mingling with their Rangers supporting mates queueing up to get into the Rangers end at Ibrox for a SC tie back in 1968.

What gets me is, that if the filth get their way, you lot are next in line for the gas chambers after us. That's the company some of your lot want to keep.

I’ve been amongst Rangers fans in a football setting several times and never once felt intimidated or that being a Hearts supporter was an issue. I was once led into Bairds bar by a mate I was going to a gig with for a pint or two beforehand (I was a bit younger and honestly had no clue what type of cesspit I was going into, he was a Motherwell fan so unsure he did either) and I can tell you it was one of the most volatile atmospheres I’ve ever experienced. Daggers drawn simply for not being a ‘regular’.

Perhaps it was my lack of unibrow and speech impediment that had them on edge.

There are more dafties on there than there needs to be but we have to accept yesterday was a reality check. The hun/newco/zombie patter was what drove me off there and it’s still a thing unfortunately with too many.
Third place JR is a great season, considering Hearts got promotion but not with any amount of style and swagger.
The reality is they are probably 3rd best in the country ,which is probably the best any team bar the old firm can ask for.
I still find jkb more anti rhabid than anti Rangers.
I only read it ,I don't post on there .

Exactly. The only reason that Hearts weren’t punished for the Romanov misdemeanours is because they weren’t regarded as a threat.

Third place JR is a great season, considering Hearts got promotion but not with any amount of style and swagger.
The reality is they are probably 3rd best in the country ,which is probably the best any team bar the old firm can ask for.
I still find jkb more anti rhabid than anti Rangers.
I only read it ,I don't post on there .
We stuttered our way through a lot of games last season. I’m not convinced Robbie knows the best way to set the team up to start games well because we rarely do, but then we will always have limitations. We had no answers yesterday and I don’t think Halkett and Soapy would have made much difference in all honesty.

Reactions: jtc
We stuttered our way through a lot of games last season. I’m not convinced Robbie knows the best way to set the team up to start games well because we rarely do, but then we will always have limitations. We had no answers yesterday and I don’t think Halkett and Soapy would have made much difference in all honesty.
No,I'd agree, though I'm pleased for him as he seems to have HM best interests at heart.
That cup game the other week,he didn't take no chances there after Bora.
Very professional performance

I’ve been amongst Rangers fans in a football setting several times and never once felt intimidated or that being a Hearts supporter was an issue. I was once led into Bairds bar by a mate I was going to a gig with for a pint or two beforehand (I was a bit younger and honestly had no clue what type of cesspit I was going into, he was a Motherwell fan so unsure he did either) and I can tell you it was one of the most volatile atmospheres I’ve ever experienced. Daggers drawn simply for not being a ‘regular’.

Perhaps it was my lack of unibrow and speech impediment that had them on edge.

Bairds Bar and you got a drink.

What was the gig the Pogues or something. Disgusted.

not being a regular. :p

2012 quickly followed by the independence referendum.

I still know a few Hearts fans who would very much prefer us to the scum however. There’s actually a bit of a split in their support between Nats & Unionists.

2012 quickly followed by the independence referendum.

I still know a few Hearts fans who would very much prefer us to the scum however. There’s actually a bit of a split in their support between Nats & Unionists.

That’s an old article mate… we were told in our accounts the year after that 80% or so of that debt had been written off in a CVA. I could of course be wrong about that as I’m no accountant and I suppose technically that does mean it went unpaid?
So 80% of the debt is written off meaning that the creditors had to / voted to accept 20% of the amount owed to them ( less the expenses etc of the winding up I imagine ) That on the basis that it would have, by that point, become clear that there was no likelihood of getting anything further in terms of ' Satisfaction of Debt '. So to clarify, when it says written off it means that the creditors take the hit of 80% of the amount owed to them, and the debtor, HoMFC, is released from a state of administration, having assets frozen and unable to trade other than under the supervision of the administrator (whatever).
CVA stands for Creditors Voluntary Arrangement although there isn't much voluntary about it !

I am a long way beyond this stuff but I don't think it has changed that much in essence since 40 years ago.

The majority would rather 10iar, because they couldn't stomach us winning anything after the years of supposedly cheating to win.
Just to add clarity ! :))

We've travelled up from Yorkshire for years, not very much in the last two sadly, sometimes by train and sometimes by car.
Usually park at Motherwell and get the train in.
In all those years the only fans we've had any bother with are those who support Hearts.
My Son and I even had a beer with some yahoo fans at Central station once - not sure I even believe that myself.
One train trip in particular got potentially very nasty when several Hearts fans got on at Waverley and seeing my Son's Rangers shirt got extremely aggressive vocally.
Five of them, two of us.
They got off at Newcastle - Geordie Jambos - and I was very relieved to be rid of them.
In the 1970s and 80s I had a bit of a soft spot for Hearts , but not now; wish them nothing but failure.

I will take out nonsense but it was carnage inside and outside the old "celtic end" at the main stand side of that terracing
My post # 161 probably better explains how I missed the trouble at the Rangers v Hearts 1976 treble victory.

It’s a generational thing imo. Hearts fans use our pub often and are more than welcome, provided they behave like normal people obviously, which they almost always do.

Seeing as there are no Hearts pubs abroad, many would rather go to a Rangers pub to watch their games. That’s my experience anyway.

Bairds Bar and you got a drink.

What was the gig the Pogues or something. Disgusted.

not being a regular. :p
Haha it was Rancid (how appropriate) at the Barrowlands, must’ve been about 2007 or something. It was very quickly one pint and out again!

It was like a dive bar inside.

So 80% of the debt is written off meaning that the creditors had to / voted to accept 20% of the amount owed to them ( less the expenses etc of the winding up I imagine ) That on the basis that it would have, by that point, become clear that there was no likelihood of getting anything further in terms of ' Satisfaction of Debt '. So to clarify, when it says written off it means that the creditors take the hit of 80% of the amount owed to them, and the debtor, HoMFC, is released from a state of administration, having assets frozen and unable to trade other than under the supervision of the administrator (whatever).
CVA stands for Creditors Voluntary Arrangement although there isn't much voluntary about it !

I am a long way beyond this stuff but I don't think it has changed that much in essence since 40 years ago.
Okay thanks mate that actually makes perfect sense.

So really that sum of the money is never recovered by any of the companies or businesses we owed that money to and the CVA was key in staving off any winding up orders? I might have to do some digging about to the original reports prior to going into administration and immediately after. I dare say it would be ‘interesting’ to compare our situation then to what happened to yourselves in 2012.

Out of the diddy teams in Scotland possibly only Aberdeen have a bigger chip on their shoulder than that shower.
I can confirm this. I've a mate from a Rangers daft family who supports Aberdeen and genuinely believes that they should at least be challenging at the top of the league.
This is a good mate of mine who in every other aspect of his personality is a good c*nt yet suffers from an inexplicable delusion about his football club.

Back