MOTM Poll Rangers v Motherwell - 15:00 Sunday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Schizophrenic, beat a real top team over two legs, throw away a two goal lead at home to Motherwell.

Pretty much sums us up over the last few years, last season apart.

McGregor has single-handedly lost us another 2 points today.

Over the course of the season his mistakes have cost us a lot of points.

3 shots on target and 2 goals today for Motherwell...

Nah, not at all, Goldson being unable to stop simple balls coming through has helped him massively.

Piss poor defence as usual, static from mcgregor, goldson in a flap, tav not clearing. Shambolic
McGregor has been a great goialie for us.
His time is up.

Goldson was a giant of a defender last season.
This season he's been poor in many games -- his time is probably up with us too.

Tav has provided numerous assists and goals.
Perhaps he would benefit defensively from playing as part of a good, solid back line.

Large areas of our team need to be rebuilt.
McGregor & Goldson are probably the first two to go.

Just back from the game and I’m struggling to think of a more one-sided game that ended a draw. Criminally, we dropped our intensity at 2-0 and it cost us as did persisting with McGregor when it’s clear he’s fallen off that cliff and seems to be costing us a goal a game now.

Still in our own hands? Can you hear yourself? They are finding a way to win games and granted they were pish today but we have yet again continued our horrific post Christmas run.
I'm going to keep this thread in my watchlist (hopefully until the end of the season) :D

Unprofessional and complacent in the second half in many respects from both some players and the management team.
The players were too casual, the management team did nothing to bring on fresh legs and respond to the changes Motherwell made.
To be fair to the players kept on who had ran themselves ragged on Thursday, their tanks were empty.

The c_unt in black has consistently taken the momentum out of the game. If you’re too stupid to notice that I suggest it’s you that needs to shut the fk up!

Go on then, enlighten us as to how the referee contributed to both of Motherwell's goals today?

Unprofessional and complacent in the second half in many respects from both some players and the management team.
The players were too casual, the management team did nothing to bring on fresh legs and respond to the changes Motherwell made.
To be fair to the players kept on who had ran themselves ragged on Thursday, their tanks were empty.
This is a fair point , it needed freshening up around the 60-minute mark, some of them were blowing out of their proverbial well before that .

Seems like forever now that I've got to a match thread late and we're a goal ahead against some hammer throwers. I then just sit and wait for the equalizer, which also seems inevitable.
Are we not capable of learning anything from our previous league calamities against donkeys (who's only positive attribute is that they fight against us only like their life depended on a result), that will help us see out the last few minutes of a match?
Feel like a feking jinx again, and depression made worse at the thought of throwing this league away to those diddies after us and them showing what we're capable of on Thursday. Should be done and feking dusted already.
Feck it.

Really have to start questioning our recruiting in January. None of the new recruits are adding anything to the first team.

Asked the question last week and today. Found badly wanting against Scottish jobbers.
We don't have the craft or composure to win games late.

I can’t fathom how we can perform so well against a European elite team and then f**k it up a few days later against what can only be described as a pub team. Totally beyond comprehension.

So disappointed this evening, should have been within a point of the Bheasts, pouncing on their dropped points. I know the league isn't over, but results like today don't give you confidence we have the heart to claim 56 this year. Really hope I am proved wrong.

I am a staunch supporter of Gio but today I was baffled by the lack of substitutions. Given our schedule over the past few weeks, it was clear that we needed to utilise our squad a bit more and at 2-0 we had the perfect opportunity. Arfield definitely needed replacing and possibly Aribo, Kent and Morelos. As it was, Motherwell made the changes and stole the initiative so it counts as a tactical victory for them. Sorry Gio, but an explanation would be appreciated

If Gio hadn't came in with us 4 points ahead we'd be out of the league race (7 behind with crap form).

Would people be asking for his head?

I think they would. If we don't win the league the manager needs to go, I've been saying that since the beginning of the seasion with the last manager. This one had the benefit of a lead and has blown that already. Needs to show he knows how to manage in Scotland. Doing well in Europe sounds very "Le Guen". We have had all the advantages going into this season, blowing them is unacceptable. Things are looking bad, another thread says 3 wins in 8.

Tavs interview just equates to the same old excuses, justifications etc. We’ve heard it all before, I just wish they would actually do and not say. Sick and tired of the same old quotes.

Gone through a number of threads now and clearly today is the day Scotty Arfield gets it in the neck. I thought on Thursday it was asking a lot for him to play as long as he did and I was surprised that he didn't get a rest today but it is imho a bit over the top to give him the flak that he is getting.

Can't say it's the starting 11 I expected but thought 1st half we played really well & should have had another couple
Ref ended up influencing the overall result BUT GvB did not use the players we had available to keep the tempo up n keep control of the game
HT should have saw Balogun on with Lundstram moved into midfield with Arfield off for me for starters

Schizophrenic, beat a real top team over two legs, throw away a two goal lead at home to Motherwell.

Pretty much sums us up over the last few years, last season apart.
You mean last season when there were no crowds and no pressure for most of the season. I am afraid the heavy evidence points that this team can’t take pressure. Winning European games we aren’t supposed to isn’t pressure. Most of them have been here long enough now to have solved the problem or to leave for an easier life.

Threw away three points we had the game won but didn’t defend properly really poor from McGregor and Goldson still should’ve won we’re pissing away the league really have to take our chances and defend a whole lot better if we have any chance of retaining the title.Poor after the boost from the scum dropping points.

from heroes on thursday to zeroes today. Gios tactics change great then but crap today after their goal. Why do we never try to hit anyone on the break in the SPL ?

Out of interest, does anyone know who the linesman was that chopped off Alfy's perfectly on-side goal?

Frank Connor, surprise surprise.

I haven’t seen both of his offside goals again. At the match to the naked eye he looked offside for the 2nd but not the 1st.

Any more accurate TV based evidence ?

And the guy who scored & had an assist, wasn’t that a red on Goldson in the 1st half ? Looked shocking from where I was.

Gio needs to be brave and drop shagger.

Kamara has the heart of a kitten and offers nothing as an attacking threat.

We're fcuked if Jack isn't fit enough for the run in. Our game management againt jobbers if fackin criminal.
Let’s not forget Goldson when we are talking about dropping player, both goals today both him and the goalkeeper made a mess of it especially the first goal

Being a rangers fan is fucking murder at times man. At 2-0 we looked like it was all over. Even said to my old boy at the game we would skelp their goal difference today. Then that 2nd half o_O. Utterly honking 2nd half. Aye the ref was a useless fud but what’s new? 83 mins to make a change under the circumstances is baffling. Another %^*& up. That Motherwell team are absolute dug shite - how they took a point off us today is damaging my mental health.

Just home from the match and I can't believe we threw that away. Arfield is totally done. How many chances does he miss its pathetic. He isn't alone though.
We have gone from those beasts slashing their wrists to dancing in the streets of their slums.
Beyond Gutted.

Lunstram caused us the first goal, he played a short pass out left which was cut out by a Motherwell player who skinned him for pace, crossed and bang, goal!

We were actually good in the 1st half and threw it away.
2 things baffled me.
Why wasn't Arfield rested and why didn't GVB use his subs at 2-1?
Hugely disappointing.

Back