World Cup Break November Old Firm in Sydney Confirmed - Reports: Now In Doubt

Should Rangers play them in Australia? Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 145 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 2,407 94.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Celtic refusing to use our name again on their statement about the tournament no doubt our board will be rolling over and mentioning celtic at every turn

The Sydney Super Cup Tournament will be played during the season break and will see Celtic returning to Australia after hugely successful visits in previous years. Celtic will also play in a Glasgow derby match on November 20, 2022.

Celtic has toured to all the main Australian cities in recent years, again meeting sides such as Melbourne Victory, Perth Glory and Brisbane Roar.
This is what makes me so fucking angry about all this.

They openly hate us and all we stand for. Us on here openly hate them and all they stand for. Our board just meekly take this kind of shite, shrug their shoulders and allow the club to be used by those scumbag rat bastards while they do not even give the common respect of using the club's name.

so they were up in arms to pretend they cared when they intended to go all along
Dunno mate. Each to their own I guess. I’m not going for a couple of reasons, firstly I would want to take my boy but there’s going to be trouble and the only way in and out is a single train line. Secondly, I don’t know why we are taking part in a homecoming tour for the Celtic manager when their club are so pathetic they can’t even mention us by name to appeal to their moronic fans.

Hope to f*ck this gets called off and we show some backbone but it looks like with tickets being on sale the ship has sailed.

They openly hate us and all we stand for. Us on here openly hate them and all they stand for. Our board just meekly take this kind of shite, shrug their shoulders and allow the club to be used by those scumbag rat bastards while they do not even give the common respect of using the club's name.
Park, Robertson and co cannot survive this.

It is literally scandalous.

Even with Lawell not involved day to day they still run rings round the wet wipes at Ibrox.

Mostly Stewart Robertson.

I just wish this much energy was put to better use elsewhere such as holding the board, management and players to account for letting a 6 point lead turn into a 3 point deficit in the league.
Hardly a fair comparison is it? Of course we're disappointed with them but it's not like they're deliberately drawing/losing games knowing it'll annoy us.

Most of the Aussies based bears I know are not going, some are which is disappointing
I’m heading over in December so just glad this shit storm isn’t then.

Apologies if already covered,..but it Looks like it’s full steam ahead with tickets going on sale this Friday.

If there is anyone who thinks we will do good from a marketing point of view out of this, or to expand our name to Aussie football fans, they just need to watch that. The fawning over fat ange makes me sick. I’m getting more annoyed the longer this goes on

Maybe not entirely fair but there seems to be an acceptance none of the less
What can be done about it though? It's the nature of football. There's nothing we can do to affect results on the pitch other than hope that whatever level of support we give from the stands affects the players in the right way.

It's incomparable to this despicable decision made by a board that's showing contempt for the support.

Of course, you are, it's healthy to have an opinion' Did you say that you would support a boycott of Parkhead?
They are just my opinions, I'm not trying to influence anyone's opinion
Your just asking questions for the sake of it now, its boring we get it you don't care whether it happens or not but plenty of the support do care about this and we have every right to ask questions of those in charge of OUR club.

The faceless patter is like a 12 year old aswell ffs its an internet messageboard haha
I am sure most here would be more than happy to discuss with anyone else face to face their feelings on this

It’s fair point Rab you should close the pub during the games,
Why ?
I have no idea of the time of the second game but the first game seems to be before we are open outwith our Licencing laws
But either way, I will run my business to suit the people that come into it, not some people on here
I never-opened for Walters Funeral and people had a go at me, so as I said, I will decide when we open

Why ?
I have no idea of the time of the second game but the first game seems to be before we are open outwith our Licencing laws
But either way, I will run my business to suit the people that come into it, not some people on here
I never-opened for Walters Funeral and people had a go at me, so as I said, I will decide when we open
But you came straight on here that day to let us know that you never opened. Anything for a bit of publicity.

Classy.

If there is anyone who thinks we will do good from a marketing point of view out of this, or to expand our name to Aussie football fans, they just need to watch that. The fawning over fat ange makes me sick. I’m getting more annoyed the longer this goes on
Even hearing that ausie twat utter their hideous name before ours makes my fkn blood boil. It's Rangers c****c you fkn ignoramus and always has been.

Rangers fans warned by Australian sports minister ahead of Old Firm clash​

Rangers and Celtic supporters have been sternly warned by New South Wales sports minister Stuart Ayres ahead of their overseas Old Firm game.

The two Glaswegian rivals will play the very first Old Firm derby outside of Scotland in November as both sides head to Australia for the Sydney Super Cup.

Ayres is keen for the eight-day event to be a resounding success but reassured that the behaviour of supporters would be a crucial part of making the event work.

Rangers

Speaking at a launch event for the competition, Ayres said, as quoted by Rangers Review: “It’s not 1984, it’s 2022, and we love passion, we love noise, but we want safe environments that people can come to.

“We’ve got a long runway, the event’s in November, we’ll do a lot of clear messaging around ticket sales and expectations of fan behaviour: come along, have a great time, just don’t be a dickhead.

“We’re a well-experienced city when it comes to running large-scale, major events. We’ll engage with the clubs, we’ll take advice from them around preparations.”

Money machine

The supporters of both clubs have been vocal in their discontent at the Old Firm being played in Australia but there looks to be no stopping the plans going ahead.

rangers

Rangers against Celtic has always been a landmark day in Glasgow and Scottish sport in general but you can’t imagine the same buzz being created in a friendly on the other side of the world.

For fans already down under, it’s a rare opportunity to see their club in action, not through a television screen in the middle of the night but even those might admit that an Old Firm not at Ibrox or Parkhead doesn’t seem right.

With both clubs being drawn together in the Scottish Cup semi-final and games between the two already at four or five per season, this friendly seems rather unnecessary except for one reason, money.

The cash injection from this tournament perhaps makes the trip worthwhile but that comes at the expense of the fans which is always a tricky subject to contend with.

Why are we putting up with this nonsense?

Brash ignorant individual. I hate when politicians try to lecture/warn people about behaviour prior to an issue even having occurred. They just can't help themselves......

Hopefully everyone reads past the clickbait article header.

That doesn’t excuse the situation or the fact that we even put ourselves in this position but clickbait media is infruariating and even worse when people bite.

Back