World Cup Break November Old Firm in Sydney Confirmed - Reports: Now In Doubt

Should Rangers play them in Australia? Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 145 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 2,407 94.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Tbh, while I don't think it will happen. I can see a scenario where we pull out and Yokohama are asked to fill in. Ex team of Postecoglu and currently managed by Kevin Muscat.

Might be more wishful thinking than anything else mind you...
Yeah, you could be right.

Maybe the board are playing a blinder here. They pull out nearer the time citing the court case and make it much more prominent that it otherwise would have been :)

After living here inSydney for over 40 years I think we would have no more than about 8000, unless thousands turn up from all around the globe. I also think that they will easily have over 20,000, not genuine ones, but all the Ange and plastic paddies.
That's depressing. What's even more depressing is the fact that the club would have probably knew that and agreed to it anyway.

Managing to pull 8-10,000 all the way down under would be impressive on its own imo, don't get me wrong, but like you say they'll have the neutral and the plastic paddy support as well to make it feel like their home match. Disgraceful.

As I said I am not really fussed either way about the match to be honest.

Main reason for going over is the missus hasn’t been to Sydney yet. Heading over with my Irish mate and his missus (not really a Celtic fan more Liverpool tbh)

Probably the most concerning thing is the missus’s have booked the 4 of us tickets in the mixed fan area, I’m not too sure the organisers have thought that one through tbh

Anyway, it’s just a game of football and a chance to see Sydney. You only live once.
Just take your half and half scarf and you’ll be fine in that section :rolleyes:

Main reason for going over is the missus hasn’t been to Sydney yet. Heading over with my Irish mate and his missus (not really a Celtic fan more Liverpool tbh)

Probably the most concerning thing is the missus’s have booked the 4 of us tickets in the mixed fan area, I’m not too sure the organisers have thought that one through tbh

Anyway, it’s just a game of football and a chance to see Sydney. You only live once.
Where else hasn't she been? Take her there instead.

You’re at it lol.

Not wanting to go or watch is a valid stance - but some won’t be happy until the game they aren’t watching isn’t happening.

A B team game for no consequence on a Saturday morning in a stadium where half the tickets are given away free - is it really anything more than a shrug ?
You are damn right on that - cancellation is the objective here !!

Make sure you get one of these pal...........

B8my_EuCMAAoNRC.jpg

That's depressing. What's even more depressing is the fact that the club would have probably knew that and agreed to it anyway.

Managing to pull 8-10,000 all the way down under would be impressive on its own imo, don't get me wrong, but like you say they'll have the neutral and the plastic paddy support as well to make it feel like their home match. Disgraceful.

As the woman said in the launch thing yesterday "there will be a sea of green"

Tin pot cup hahahaha
Can you tell me the prize money for the Scottish cup ? It’s pitiful.

My 2 p worth on a campaign would be :

* A single document (petition, letter etc) signed by fans, fan groups, supporters clubs to SR saying that they are very worried that the fall out from the pending class action will damage the club brand due to this partnership for this friendly. Nevermind devaluing the OF games - make this a single issue opposition - and get the class action in the headlines. Don’t dilute the message.

* A campaign to pick 1-2 directors for fans to vote against their reappointment at the AGM. Get DK on board - he voted against Park Jr last year - the remaining spivs may even join in. Having 25%+ or more voting against a director is embarrassing. Perhaps even get enough shareholders for a resolution at the AGM to be put to a vote - 5% required ?

* Keep up the banners - but be laser sharp in focusing on one reason and a tangible set of events which doesn’t distract from on the pitch - that way there will be more support.

Just a suggestion.

Has the club responded yet to the huge backlash from their supporters against this match? They are well aware, surely, of the reasons for our displeasure. The rape of children at the most disgusting football club on the planet.
The club just think every angry response from our fans will just disappear in time. They will hope it all goes away.

The board are using our loyalty and love for our club against us knowing that to take action would weaken our club, personally I feel like shit withdrawing what support I do and could never forgive them for putting me in this position but I also have morals and values and cannot now or in the future support any participation in any unnecessary game against such a morally corrupt institution. It is an individual choice and I've made and will stick by mine although it's painful.

If your next door neighbour was up in court on multiple CSA charges which you knew he was guilty of would you attend a fundraising event for him to raise money to pay for lawyers to help him get off with a lesser sentence ?
You certainly wouldn't go to his BBQ would you?
Shitehawk stuff from Rangers imo .

I think people need to realise,all this sevco pish, accusations of winning trophies with money Rangers didn't have etc..I can get that accusation.
What folk arnt realising is they done the same but morally far worse by blanking child abuse allegations and by kicking the can down the road they have used money that could have gone to helping maybe piece a lads life back together to buy players and pay wages instead.

And now Rangers are enabling them to make a few quid to pay some of the victims off as it will be in court soon.

A absolute disgrace tbh

Going by this thread and id say it's more than 5/6 percent of folks are getting on-board for this game
Maybe time for a new poll on this subject to see if this is the case and are people coming round to the idea.
I know this forum isn't totally representative of our fan base but definitely a fair barometer of opinion .
I personally think the board are just riding it out regardless of fan opinion.

If we have a magnificent April ( which we all hope for ) I can't see them changing track .

If it's a shocker ( which none of us want ), the pressure from the fans on this will rocket

Arguments on both sides seem a bit scatter gun. Bit of a whiff of dog in the manger though - I can’t go so you shouldn’t so I don’t miss out.

Rubbish, almost the whole fanbase have been against this the minute after it was announced. The reasons why they are opposed to it have remained the exact same.
1.they are paedo hiding scum, we should not associate ourselved with them in whst is nothing but a money making venture.
2.it is an Ange love-in, Rangers are clearly a sideshow. Well, we are 2nd to no one.
3.they can't say our name - it got so bad that at their recent AGM they apologised for saying Rangers FC in their condolence message at Walter Smith's passing.
4.they did all they could to put us out of business in 2012
5. they refuse to use the phrase The Old Firm but want to cash in on it.

This isn't going away and if the board aren't careful it could create a massive chasm between the club and fans that will never be repaired. Cancel the tour.

Going by this thread and id say it's more than 5/6 percent of folks are getting on-board for this game
Maybe time for a new poll on this subject to see if this is the case and are people coming round to the idea.
I know this forum isn't totally representative of our fan base but definitely a fair barometer of opinion .
I personally think the board are just riding it out regardless of fan opinion.

If we have a magnificent April ( which we all hope for ) I can't see them changing track .

If it's a shocker ( which none of us want ), the pressure from the fans on this will rocket

I don't think there is any support for this game at all. It would be at least 90%+ who are against it. And that includes bears who would be afforded the chance to go to the game.

I will say this though.

A small part of me smiles at the thought of this friendly going ahead after we've won 56.
Going to that friendly as champions and winning it with Postecoglu would ensure he receives a nice welcome from the bears :))

I don't think there is any support for this game at all. It would be at least 90%+ who are against it. And that includes bears who would be afforded the chance to go to the game.

I will say this though.

A small part of me smiles at the thought of this friendly going ahead after we've won 56.
Going to that friendly as champions and winning it with Postecoglu would ensure he receives a nice welcome from the bears :))
And Europa league champions :D

So we should pull out of the League Cup, Scottish Cup and the Premier League?
I think that’s being silly to be honest. Huge difference between the cups you have mentioned and playing a friendly. We have no control of the league and the set up we play in by virtue of playing in Scotland. However you do have a choice in who you play in tournaments with. I understand what you are getting at however rangers fans should never forget what was done to them and the fans in the last 10 years. How you get back at these teams in your own back yard and within the Scottish system is more problematic due to many reasons but we should never forget who all stuck the boot in.

I think that’s being silly to be honest. Huge difference between the cups you have mentioned and playing a friendly. We have no control of the league and the set up we play in by virtue of playing in Scotland. However you do have a choice in who you play in tournaments with. I understand what you are getting at however rangers fans should never forget what was done to them and the fans in the last 10 years. How you get back at these teams in your own back yard and within the Scottish system is more problematic due to many reasons but we should never forget who all stuck the boot in.
I actually think it is fairly easy to damage all those clubs that were part of the plan to kill us off.
If we are going on principles or morals, which seems to be the main reasons people are using not to be involved in this tournament,
Using the same principles and morals, our fans should boycott every away fixture in Scotland, that would be really standing up for your principles

Where do you live?

Rubbish, almost the whole fanbase have been against this the minute after it was announced. The reasons why they are opposed to it have remained the exact same.
1.they are paedo hiding scum, we should not associate ourselved with them in whst is nothing but a money making venture.
2.it is an Ange love-in, Rangers are clearly a sideshow. Well, we are 2nd to no one.
3.they can't say our name - it got so bad that at their recent AGM they apologised for saying Rangers FC in their condolence message at Walter Smith's passing.

This isn't going away and if the board aren't careful it could create a massive chasm between the club and fans that will never be repaired. Cancel the tour.
Think the fellow fails to realise that if the game was played at Hampden ,with Hearts and Hibs,the other teams in equation,Rangers shouldn't step near the game for any amount of money.
The mhanks need to played in the league,or if drawn in the cup.End of .
Anything else is normalisation of peodophilia

I think for the protests to have any joy they will have to be more targeted at individuals ie Robertson. So far its been more a general displeasure being aired but letting Robertson know he is the man this is being pinned on might see him come out of his bunker and try and explain it and apologise at the very least. The guy is a disgrace hiding behind Bisgrove so far.

As long as its general songs about sticking the friendly up their hole and banners that target Celtics abuse i think the board will be more than comfortable with that. The banner in the Govan stand last week which targeted Robertson specifically is the way to go i reckon.

Jesus Christ!

I posted my suggestions further down the thread about an approach. #3955.

No 1 for me is the most important.

2, 3, 4 and 5 highlight how petty a club they are and are theirs to be embarrassed by.

I actually think it is fairly easy to damage all those clubs that were part of the plan to kill us off.
If we are going on principles or morals, which seems to be the main reasons people are using not to be involved in this tournament,
Using the same principles and morals, our fans should boycott every away fixture in Scotland, that would be really standing up for your principles
Some of us already do that.

The initial Rangers fan part behind the goals sold out within an hour, the other seats either side are all taken up apparently.
That’s only been Telstra customers, general sale not until Friday.

You don’t actually boycott though, you posted that you went to Pittodrie a couple of years ago
I also said at the time, that my son was driving up on his own and I decided to go with him. My love for my family is so much stronger than my hate for Aberdeen
I have also been to Kilmarnock ( Cup ) Ayr United and Sheffield in the last five years
and hopefully next game away from Ibrox will be Seville

I suppose when you are so far away, you would be desperate to see your team, whereas we in the WOS have a totally different viewpoint
I also understand that, as I said if it was anyone other than Celtic I’d have probably looked to travel over for a wee break

I think rangers should be doing tours every 4/5 years so fans in Oceania/North America get the chance to attend. Even the game in Dubai would’ve given expats a chance to attend a game

Just firmly believe celtic being the opposition is a non-negotiable in my mind

Back