Should Rangers play them in Australia? Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 145 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 2,407 94.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poor me?

I pay roughly $1000 (AUD) for a season ticket that I have used exactly 3 times in 5+ years. My last count spent on the Castore store is over $1200. That's just this season. I pay for the premium international RTV package. I pay $25 a month for a shitty sports app that allows me to see Rangers games on the tv.

I was born in Australia. My father moved here 47 years ago. I live and breathe Rangers as much as someone who was born in Scotland and raised as a bear. I'm raising my only son to be a bear

Am I not allowed to go see Rangers FC in person when they happen to be in actual same hemisphere?

And for the record again, I don't agree with the friendly in any shape or form. I still haven't made my mind up if I am going or not.
I agree

On top of that, our supporters club pumped thousands into Rangers First etc when times were hard. We spend $2000 on season tickets and support the club in any way shape or form we can.

Our fans often hold our worldwide appeal and fanbase up as a badge of honour. Until it seems, it doesn’t suit some and then the rest of the world can get fucked?

On all the spending and watching rangers , hats off too you and everyone in your situation. That’s true support, that’s not my point. My point is more that people (over here) seem to be justifying rangers agreeing to the friendly due to all the fans in OZ , however I feel this is just an excuse from the board to justify this shambles. Why have we only agreed to this game or any recent game in Australia since Ange has came into Celtic ? Coincidence I don’t think so

Agreed mate. I hate the idea of a friendly against them. But it's on the board. Not the support.

It's been billed as Ange's homecoming (although he's a Melbourne lad), I still haven't seen anything positive in regards to us even coming out here (in terms of good publicity)

We're being treated as the afterthought. And that's on the board.

Poor me?

I pay roughly $1000 (AUD) for a season ticket that I have used exactly 3 times in 5+ years. My last count spent on the Castore store is over $1200. That's just this season. I pay for the premium international RTV package. I pay $25 a month for a shitty sports app that allows me to see Rangers games on the tv.

I was born in Australia. My father moved here 47 years ago. I live and breathe Rangers as much as someone who was born in Scotland and raised as a bear. I'm raising my only son to be a bear

Am I not allowed to go see Rangers FC in person when they happen to be in actual same hemisphere?

And for the record again, I don't agree with the friendly in any shape or form. I still haven't made my mind up if I am going or not.

the club have put you in a position whereupon you are subsidising payments to abuse victims.

Timing wise, Sellik could be the biggest story in world sport in November, why would we want to be in the same hemisphere?

if I were in your position, with your story, I would go. I was lucky enough to be born a mile away from the stadium so I wont be lecturing anyone.

this disgusting situation is on the club.

I don’t agree with your views on a range of things but that post is spot on. Easy for folk to criticise those that have put huge sums of their money and time into resurrecting the club.

There aren’t queues of investors to take their place.
This is nort in doubt but this so called friendly is

My point was if we can't stop bears following Rangers at away grounds at clubs who actively tried to destroy the club, why are we then abusing Oceanic bears who are just following our team and attempting to do the same

Not missing any point. I've already stated my disgust with the friendly.
Yeah that’s fair though again, it’s competitive matches.

If the unthinkable ever happened and there was a competitive match against Celtic abroad, I reckon I’d be completely against it but I could understand people going under those circumstances

the club have put you in a position whereupon you are subsidising payments to abuse victims.

Timing wise, Sellik could be the biggest story in world sport in November, why would we want to be in the same hemisphere?

if I were in your position, with your story, I would go. I was lucky enough to be born a mile away from the stadium so I wont be lecturing anyone.

this disgusting situation is on the club.

Completely agree mate.

I still hope the board can see sense and the protests continue at every game both home and away, but I don't see them withdrawing now

Horrendous decision by the club to play against them in this “friendly” the vast majority of the fans don’t want it but they don’t care money talks.

Poor me?

Rangers should be doing tours to NZ/Australia and Canada/USA every 4/5 years in my opinion

As long as we’re not playing friendlies against Celtic

The big problem for me now is that all the marketing is Celtic this Celtic that, Ange this and that. We are being treated as a side show. The two Sydney clubs should be the spotlight followed by us and then court case FC

Rangers should be doing tours to NZ/Australia and Canada/USA every 4/5 years in my opinion

As long as we’re not playing friendlies against Celtic

Shockingly enough I completely agree :)).

Even the last time Rangers were here, although we weren't playing great teams, so crowds weren't great as a result and the weather was shit, it's still one of the greatest weeks in my life.

Just me and my dad following Rangers and everything involved.

He passed 12 months later but it's a moment I'll treasure forever.

Pics taken today

Screenshot-20220315-104239-Facebook.jpg

Screenshot-20220315-104247-Facebook.jpg
Vomit inducing pish.

I live in Australia and i'm going.

At the end of the day its a chance to see the team and an excuse to go to Sydney for a few days and take the missus who has never been there.

I think of it as a tournament, not a 'friendly' and fully expect our team to try and win it.

Another way of looking at it is this.......

If it was called the 'Wembley Cup' and was hosted in London, featuring Rangers, Celtic, Chelsea and Liverpool, would people be as outraged? I would think not. I would expect tickets would fly out the door tbqh.
Hope you day gets cancelled but if it does not hope you have a rotten one

Any Aussie bear using the fact that fans in this part of the world go to away grounds and cup games as justification for attending this game are either at it or so far removed from the situation that they aren’t worth arguing with.

If you want to go and fund Ange’s homecoming as nothing more than a sideshow designed to shift more tickets then batter in.

Celtic can’t even bring themselves to acknowledge we exist by mentioning our name on any communication about this, I wonder if the organisers will even print on name on the tickets that are sold.

The club are a disgrace for allowing to rumble on in absolute silence in the hope it just eventually blows over.

Im genuinely 50/50 on whether I’ll renew mygers and my season ticket if this happens and I am tempted to not put another penny into the club until Stewart Robertson is no longer there.

Can't wait for the Rangers board to come out and tell us "Oh but Celtic promised us they'd mention us in their press release for Sydney. We had no idea they'd do this to us"

£3m to be kicked about and embarrassed in public. Thanks lads. Thanks a fucking bunch.

This board should be on their knees begging the support's forgiveness.

We play them between 4-6 times a season in other tournaments.

What’s the difference with this one?
This isn’t a tournament ffs, it’s a friendly.

Rangers should’ve read the room and pulled out of this as quickly as they could. Unfortunately we have a spineless, stubborn board with an absolute worm as the Managing Director who think ignoring the issue will make things better. It won’t and the ill feeling is getting worse.

As I said I am not really fussed either way about the match to be honest.

Main reason for going over is the missus hasn’t been to Sydney yet. Heading over with my Irish mate and his missus (not really a Celtic fan more Liverpool tbh)

Probably the most concerning thing is the missus’s have booked the 4 of us tickets in the mixed fan area, I’m not too sure the organisers have thought that one through tbh

Anyway, it’s just a game of football and a chance to see Sydney. You only live once.

Bottom line is I’m totally against playing a club that has participated in the rape and abuse of Scottish children for decades.
Rangers are unfortunately obliged to play this club in the league and cups.
I honestly long for the day that this club is shut down for crimes against humanity and Rangers no longer have to face their putrid poison.
Aussie based bear - get this bullshit friendly to fark!

Main reason for going over is the missus hasn’t been to Sydney yet. Heading over with my Irish mate and his missus (not really a Celtic fan more Liverpool tbh)

Probably the most concerning thing is the missus’s have booked the 4 of us tickets in the mixed fan area, I’m not too sure the organisers have thought that one through tbh

Anyway, it’s just a game of football and a chance to see Sydney. You only live once.
Your entire post really does sum it up for what it is.

Tourist football.

I think we need to accept that this won't get changed. The main reason is we have too many fans wanting others to do the dirty work for them. The board know this, they'll vilify the UB for it at some point and paint it as a minority (should Robertson ever come out from under Harry Potters cloak), they've tried to appease us with the appointment of a disability consultant or whatever they called it (too little too late on that front after years of wishy washy excuses) next we might even get a wee survey on safe standing as well with the knowledge there's a better chance of Henrik Larsson being our next manager.

Can't wait for the Rangers board to come out and tell us "Oh but Celtic promised us they'd mention us in their press release for Sydney. We had no idea they'd do this to us"

£3m to be kicked about and embarrassed in public. Thanks lads. Thanks a fucking bunch.

This board should be on their knees begging the support's forgiveness.

Our PR simpleton, sorry, director strikes again

Eh?

It’s nothing of the sort. If the friendly was against anyone other than Celtic, I doubt there would be much issue

Not wanting to go or watch is a valid stance - but some won’t be happy until the game they aren’t watching isn’t happening.

A B team game for no consequence on a Saturday morning in a stadium where half the tickets are given away free - is it really anything more than a shrug ?

You sound so far out of touch. When do you get your half and half scarf?

Not wanting to go or watch is a valid stance - but some won’t be happy until the game they aren’t watching isn’t happening.

A B team game for no consequence on a Saturday morning in a stadium where half the tickets are given away free - is it really anything more than a shrug ?
Absolutely, yes it is.

Again, if it was anyone else I wouldn’t care. I’d have liked a trip to Sydney but I’d rather drink bleach than buy a ticket for the Celtic friendly or even entertain the idea of watching it

FFS

If anything summed this shit show up it’s this post.

Absolutely, yes it is.

Again, if it was anyone else I wouldn’t care. I’d have liked a trip to Sydney but I’d rather drink bleach than buy a ticket for the Celtic friendly or even entertain the idea of watching it
Then is a better approach not to ridicule and downplay the game rather than give it free PR with outrage?

It’s an embarrassing scenario for the Bheasts - turns out they do need the Old Firm after all - and the cash..

Then is a better approach not to ridicule and downplay the game rather than give it free PR with outrage?

It’s an embarrassing scenario for the Bheasts - turns out they do need the Old Firm after all - and the cash..
No because then you become apathetic and can be seen to condone it?

Also, second sentence. Our board have dropped all their morals for £, we’re in no position to question Celtic here

If your next door neighbour was up in court on multiple CSA charges which you knew he was guilty of would you attend a fundraising event for him to raise money to pay for lawyers to help him get off with a lesser sentence ?
No but I’d probably not play a golf tie in the semi final of the club championship against him either.

is this real haha

says it all, he prob come home with a half and half

Was just thinking, I agree with the majority that we should not be doing this.

However, people talk about the money and why it’s important (same as a full season in spfl etc.), but with what’s going on over there it looks like they’ll need the money more than us. If we pull out surely they’ll not get anywhere near the money they will if we participate. So yes we might make less money (but keep our morals) but so will they!

Was just thinking, I agree with the majority that we should not be doing this.

However, people talk about the money and why it’s important (same as a full season in spfl etc.), but with what’s going on over there it looks like they’ll need the money more than us. If we pull out surely they’ll not get anywhere near the money they will if we participate. So yes we might make less money (but keep our morals) but so will they!

Tbh, while I don't think it will happen. I can see a scenario where we pull out and Yokohama are asked to fill in. Ex team of Postecoglu and currently managed by Kevin Muscat.

Might be more wishful thinking than anything else mind you...

I hate the refusal from the board to acknowledge how raging we are, just pretending they don´t see it.

That's the other thing, and I think it's the worst thing about all of this.

The support weren't even thought of here.

How hard would it have been for someone at board level or someone who knew of these plans, (I think we all know who) to talk to a David Edgar or even Mark and say 'board are thinking of doing this, we see these as the positives, can you talk about it, get it out there and get a general feel for it'?

We all know what the overall response would have been but it would have been great had they even had a small inkling to communicate with the support, even if it's on the sly through back door channels

(Last time I use back door and Mr Edgar in the same sentence) :))

EDIT: having said that, maybe they were about to and the court ruling was released and the tims tried to get out in front with a quick press release.

Then again, maybe I'm giving our board too much credit

If your next door neighbour was up in court on multiple CSA charges which you knew he was guilty of would you attend a fundraising event for him to raise money to pay for lawyers to help him get off with a lesser sentence ?
No but I’d probably not play a golf tie against him either.

Back