Should Rangers play them in Australia? Yes or No

• Yes

Votes: 145 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 2,407 94.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well there is because in 2012 the shout was that no Rangers fan
should ever step foot in an away ground of any Scottish club (top flight) again.

And yet we couldn't even get through a cup tie at Tannadice without our support showing up. But hey, they only actively tried to kill the club.

No difference in Australian based bears going to support our club in this nonsense.
There’s a massive difference
And if you don’t see it then that’s why we are clashing right now. There is zero parallel

Not so sure about that on NARSA based on my experience with the executive. It’ll be interesting to see who the Club send over this year and the response they get at the convention.

I don’t think an Old Firm in NA would be a good idea anyway for a variety of reasons.

Apologies, should have worded it better regarding NARSA, don't mean to talk for someone else

Would have been harder for them to come out against it had the game been in North America is the point I was trying to make.

Agree with your last sentence. But substitute NA for just about anywhere.

There’s a massive difference
And if you don’t see it then that’s why we are clashing right now. There is zero parallel

Not clashing mate, not at all.

Like I said I'm dead set against the friendly, I personally think it's disgusting and I'm genuinely ashamed of the board.

I just don't think abusing the bears in AUS/NZ is the way to go here. They/we have to weigh everything up. Our love for our club against whoring ourselves for a 'friendly'.

It's misplaced anger which should be directed in the direction of the board.

I'd rather this game didn't happen but the fuss about it has been hysterical.

The way the news was leaked by their side to cover up their shame, and after one of our worst results of the season, set the reaction away on a trajectory out of all proportion with what it is: a meaningless game akin to a testimonial / charity game, or at a push a Glasgow Cup.

It won't be cancelled but hopefully the lesson is learned and this kind of thing is never attempted again.
A Fuss! Some of them committed suicide FFS!

Not clashing mate, not at all.

Like I said I'm dead set against the friendly, I personally think it's disgusting and I'm genuinely ashamed of the board.

I just don't think abusing the bears in AUS/NZ is the way to go here. They/we have to weigh everything up. Our love for our club against whoring ourselves for a 'friendly'.

It's misplaced anger which should be directed in the direction of the board.
It’s a healthy clash mate, if we cannot debate things on FF with fans from different walks of lives in different countries about massive scenarios, then what is the point! I love the debate and the one thing I’ll agree with the sentiment on here, is that abuse of ANY Rangers fan (except Natz :))) is not necessary. If they want to go and have justified their reasons for going, then go but I absolutely will put my tuppence worth in:oops:

The Oz Firm.

Headliners - Celtic

Support Act - Rangers.

Well done to the directors who sanctioned this absolute farce. Hope the cash was worth it.

Infact, I take that back. Rangers are not even worthy getting a mention in the press release as a support act. Fuck whoever signed up for this.

FN7aGbNXMAgDjuO

As fans, we are the biggest financial contributors to the club. To ignore our wishes is not a wise choice.

If the current custodians think they are going to get away with this then they have another thing coming.
It was us that kept the team afloat during the lower leagues. We know the directors are putting money in and want a return but how low are our directors willing to sink for money!

Would it have been that sort of turnout under normal circumstances ?
Or that size even playing the Beggars.

Think there was roughly 10-15k at the 3 games Rangers played last time they were over here. Rangers had by far the biggest support, although it wasn't great teams we were up against (Blackburn/AEK/Sydney)

To say it wasn't great weather either is an understatement.

Think there was roughly 10-15k at the 3 games Rangers played last time they were over here. Rangers had by far the biggest support, although it wasn't great teams we were up against (Blackburn/AEK/Sydney)

Yeah, watched them, looked like we had about 6 or 7k
Rotten weather as you say.

Personally I wouldn’t condemn any Aussie bears who go to see us. The blame lies entirely with those who arranged the game. They should have known better, and or least sounded out the support if they didn’t. I’m still hoping the commercial team that organized it will see the error of their ways and withdraw from the competition
If you lived there though, you wouldn’t go would you?

Do you reckon we'd have a bigger turnout against the scum?

Genuinely tough to say given the circumstances around it.

Like I said, there's a lot of conflicted bears over here.
I would think with the Irish over there plus Scottish papes we will be severely outnumbered, add that to the bears not going then it could be worse. My club is split 50/50 on it and guys who went last time we played are not going. Seen on social media rockingham and Perth have a good few also boycotting
Sydney guys were obviously going to be all over this as their ORSA has been scuppered as they had to cancel gala dinner.
What club are you member of?

See it's this nonsense I have a problem with.

My position on the friendly is clear. It shouldn't be happening. It's disgusting. But that isn't the fault of the people who spend thousands of dollars supporting a team in a completely different hemisphere. They deserve to see OUR team without the abuse being thrown at them.

It's not the bears on the other side of the worlds fault that the board are whores.

Have a word with yourself. Direct your anger at the board, not the bears who follow the club on the other side of the world.

But hey, staunch points for you and all the others abusing oceanic Bears.

Probably the same ones abusing the bears in AUS/NZ are the same ones who were screaming about boycotting all away grounds in 2012, that went very well.
The people going to the game are giving tacit approval to the board's decision though. The bigger the success this game is the more likely it is that it will become regular and that's down to the number of people who attend. If it's a success from a numbers perspective then that's on the attendees.

They moved there , why is this so hard for people to understand
Without playing the uber staunch card, granted I'm still within the UK but I live far enough away from Glasgow that getting to games can be prohibitive. I've not made it to a game since 2019. It's a decision I knew I was making when I moved away and it's unfortunate for me but it is what it is. If this friendly was taking place near me there's no danger I'd even consider going regardless of how little I see Rangers play.

If you lived there though, you wouldn’t go would you?
I live in Australia and i'm going.

At the end of the day its a chance to see the team and an excuse to go to Sydney for a few days and take the missus who has never been there.

I think of it as a tournament, not a 'friendly' and fully expect our team to try and win it.

Another way of looking at it is this.......

If it was called the 'Wembley Cup' and was hosted in London, featuring Rangers, Celtic, Chelsea and Liverpool, would people be as outraged? I would think not. I would expect tickets would fly out the door tbqh.

At the end of the day its a chance to see the team and an excuse to go to Sydney for a few days and take the missus who has never been there.

I think of it as a tournament, not a 'friendly' and fully expect our team to try and win it.

If it was called the 'Wembley Cup' and was hosted in London, featuring Rangers, Celtic, Chelsea and Liverpool, would people be as outraged? I would think not. I would expect tickets would fly out the door tbqh.

Another way of looking at it is spectacularly missing a fairly integral issue with this whole 'tournament'.

The people going to the game are giving tacit approval to the board's decision though. The bigger the success this game is the more likely it is that it will become regular and that's down to the number of people who attend. If it's a success from a numbers perspective then that's on the attendees.

This goes back to my argument about the away crowd.

The away crowd are actively supporting clubs who did everything in their power to literally destroy our club. Was that not the argument? We literally just took 4000k paying fans to Dundee, a club that literally bent over for timothy with the email nonsense.

This is on the board. Not on the fans who only want to follow their team.

Tell me you don’t get it, without explicitly telling me you don’t get it

Think you’ve been away for far too long if you think the only reason people are outraged is because it’s in Australia. Just to clear it up for you; I, and thousands of others, would be against a friendly against those cunts regardless where the game is played.

The away crowd are actively supporting clubs who did everything in their power to literally destroy our club. Was that not the argument? We literally just took 4000k paying fans to Dundee, a club that literally bent over for timothy with the email nonsense.

Competitive games. Supporting OUR team in a competitive match.

That is in no way comparable to the friendly, another that’s missing the point

Tell me you don’t get it, without explicitly telling me you don’t get it

Think you’ve been away for far too long if you think the only reason people are outraged is because it’s in Australia. Just to clear it up for you; I, and thousands of others, would be against a friendly against those cunts regardless where the game is played.
We play them between 4-6 times a season in other tournaments.

What’s the difference with this one?

Competitive games. Supporting OUR team in a competitive match.

That is in no way comparable to the friendly, another that’s missing the point

My point was if we can't stop bears following Rangers at away grounds at clubs who actively tried to destroy the club, why are we then abusing Oceanic bears who are just following our team and attempting to do the same

Not missing any point. I've already stated my disgust with the friendly.

Regardless of what the cup is called or where it is played, supporters of our club need to understand how our club has been treated by ‘others’ who fail to recognise us, and wanted us out the game. The last 10 years should still be fresh in everyone’s mind and any tournament or friendly against ANY team that tried to condemn us to the gutter should never be entertained.

It's a fair point, but I suppose it could be argued that we owe the team our support in competitive matches, which isn't something this friendly could be described as. Maybe that's an arbitrary distinction but seeing Rangers win trophies is arguably what matters most to us. Even if we win this friendly 5-0, we're still the losers for even considering taking part in it.

Ultimately this is about who the friendly is against. I'd be wary of us playing friendlies against Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts but the yahoos are a different animal altogether. That entire organisation is a moral black hole and we shouldn't even be acknowledging them unless we absolutely have to.

This goes far beyond just supporting your team. There's undeniable baggage here.

Without playing the uber staunch card, granted I'm still within the UK but I live far enough away from Glasgow that getting to games can be prohibitive. I've not made it to a game since 2019. It's a decision I knew I was making when I moved away and it's unfortunate for me but it is what it is. If this friendly was taking place near me there's no danger I'd even consider going regardless of how little I see Rangers play.
Let’s be honest , that’s just common sense. Who would’ve thought a Glasgow team would play in Glasgow.

Not a comment on your scenario but just in general

Regardless of what the cup is called or where it is played, supporters of our club need to understand how our club has been treated by ‘others’ who fail to recognise us, and wanted us out the game. The last 10 years should still be fresh in everyone’s mind and any tournament or friendly against ANY team that tried to condemn us to the gutter should never be entertained.
So we should pull out of the League Cup, Scottish Cup and the Premier League?

Yep but they do no that rangers play in govan so there shouldn’t be any poor me I’ve not seen rangers where I live stuff either.

Poor me?

I pay roughly $1000 (AUD) for a season ticket that I have used exactly 3 times in 5+ years. My last count spent on the Castore store is over $1200. That's just this season. I pay for the premium international RTV package. I pay $25 a month for a shitty sports app that allows me to see Rangers games on the tv.

I was born in Australia. My father moved here 47 years ago. I live and breathe Rangers as much as someone who was born in Scotland and raised as a bear. I'm raising my only son to be a bear

Am I not allowed to go see Rangers FC in person when they happen to be in actual same hemisphere?

And for the record again, I don't agree with the friendly in any shape or form. I still haven't made my mind up if I am going or not.

We play them between 4-6 times a season in other tournaments.

What’s the difference with this one?
Wow. Again, you’re just proving you don’t get it

We’re compelled to play them in competitive games because they’re in the same league and we can get drawn against them in cups

We’re actively choosing to play the friendly. It’s clearly a different situation

That’s a very weird take on things

It's a fair point, but I suppose it could be argued that we owe the team our support in competitive matches, which isn't something this friendly could be described as. Maybe that's an arbitrary distinction but seeing Rangers win trophies is arguably what matters most to us. Even if we win this friendly 5-0, we're still the losers for even considering taking part in it.

Ultimately this is about who the friendly is against. I'd be wary of us playing friendlies against Aberdeen, Hibs or Hearts but the yahoos are a different animal altogether. That entire organisation is a moral black hole and we shouldn't even be acknowledging them unless we absolutely have to.

This goes far beyond just supporting your team. There's undeniable baggage here.

I can't argue with any of that.

The thought of a friendly against 'them' makes me feel physically ill. It shouldn't be happening.

I'm trying to defend the bears who want to go see their team, regardless of who it's against or what it may represent.

I think most fans would have been against this from the start, but the Board I would imagine have taken this decision based on Commercial grounds
If the fans want new players, the money has to come from somewhere, and for people wanting the Parks to stand down, who could buy them out?
As for large scale boycotts, after what we have been through, I doubt that will happen
Rather sell a player to pay any abortive cost than participate in this.
Whatever happens this board have shot themselves in the foot

Poor me?

I pay roughly $1000 (AUD) for a season ticket that I have used exactly 3 times in 5+ years. My last count spent on the Castore store is over $1200. That's just this season. I pay for the premium international RTV package. I pay $25 a month for a shitty sports app that allows me to see Rangers games on the tv.

I was born in Australia. My father moved here 47 years ago. I live and breathe Rangers as much as someone who was born in Scotland and raised as a bear. I'm raising my only son to be a bear

Am I not allowed to go see Rangers FC in person when they happen to be in actual same hemisphere?

And for the record again, I don't agree with the friendly in any shape or form. I still haven't made my mind up if I am going or not.
On all the spending and watching rangers , hats off too you and everyone in your situation. That’s true support, that’s not my point. My point is more that people (over here) seem to be justifying rangers agreeing to the friendly due to all the fans in OZ , however I feel this is just an excuse from the board to justify this shambles. Why have we only agreed to this game or any recent game in Australia since Ange has came into Celtic ? Coincidence I don’t think so

Back