Rangers are bigger than Scottish football

monkey magic

Let's face it. When anyone thinks of Scottish football, all they'll think of is our European runs of the last few seasons. We alone have revitalised and re-energised the Scottish game, sending the co-efficiency points soaring in the process. Our supposed nearest domestic " rivals " are an endless embarrassment to Scottish football in European competition, and rely on intimidation and harassment of officials to pick up trophies in Scotland. Rangers have put Scotland back on the European map, but will be shown no gratitude in return.

Let's face it. When anyone thinks of Scottish football, all they'll think of is our European runs of the last few seasons. We alone have revitalised and re-energised the Scottish game, sending the co-efficiency points soaring in the process. Our supposed nearest domestic " rivals " are an endless embarrassment to Scottish football in European competition, and rely on intimidation and harassment of officials to pick up trophies in Scotland. Rangers have put Scotland back on the European map, but will be shown no gratitude in return.
They can ram their gratitude right up their collective hoops.

Fuuk the lot of them.

Totally agree the rest of Scottish football is an embarrassment but something we have to learn to live with no matter how unpalatable.

So Espanyolification didn't happen?

Celtic can only win by removing their only competitors and antagonising the refs with their authorities and media on tow. Rangers will always be looking for the betterment of football whilst that bastardised team will always be wanting a race to the bottom. The rest just want a piece of the pie and since they have the authorities they will fall at their feet to get their little piece.

Celtic can only win by removing their only competitors and antagonising the refs with their authorities and media on tow. Rangers will always be looking for the betterment of football whilst that bastardised team will always be wanting a race to the bottom. The rest just want a piece of the pie and since they have the authorities they will fall at their feet to get their little piece.
Great post btw, 100$ bang on the nail.

I wish we could move to a joint euro league. I think we’d do fantastic in it with our fan base and could see good football, rather than 11 man defences every week, with pure hatred and bile spewing from opposition fans and sometimes players.
I genuinely hate Scottish football. It's full of bitterness, jealousy and paranoia - All one-way, negative emotions that just rip the enjoyment out of anything good.

I genuinely hate Scottish football. It's full of bitterness, jealousy and paranoia - All one-way, negative emotions that just rip the enjoyment out of anything good.
This. It has has gotten worse in the last 10 to 15 years, how can this have happened.........

I suspect that the vast majority of other clubs in this country despise our progress in European competition. Their envy isn't a good character trait.

I wish we could move to a joint euro league. I think we’d do fantastic in it with our fan base and could see good football, rather than 11 man defences every week, with pure hatred and bile spewing from opposition fans and sometimes players.
do not forget the managers & coaches who piss and moan after every game about some crap or other

Do you have the starting 11s to hand?

Almost full strength Scotland team that qualified for Argentina 78. Just Rough and Dalglish missing.

Macari was sub, but he wasn’t a Scotland regular then. Nor was Souness.

Win the Europa, hand in our resignation from Scottish football the next day! And I'm serious BTW. Strike while the iron is hot so to speak. We could take Man Utds place in the super league (that's a joke).

The thing is most fair minded Rangers fans didn’t want Scottish football turned to complete and utter shit, history shows when Rangers are thriving generally the Scottish game tends to be in good health too and even when we’ve been having hard times like we did in 2012 there was a financial windfall for the lower leagues with our participation and huge fan base but the hatred from within Scotland ramped up by a vile mhedia awash with pro sellick poodles and shitebags too afraid to go against the hate fest against us allowed the absolute joke of a one horse league and trophy haul for Celtic as meaningless as you get except latterly and that’s being kind due to us being back up though clearly still in recovery from what we’d been through.

I was at that game as well, but Scotland more or less had a full team out, was supposed to be a pre-1978 world cup work out for them.
I was there, still have my main stand ticket stub costing 1.50, and it was 5-0, going on 12.

Robert Russell ran that game from midfield that day, but the press insisted that Scotland had the best midfield in Europe.

I know it would never happen, and it's peoples choices but imagine the power us fans had boycotted certain away ground in the spfl.. it would show that we as a club and fanbase are needed in this backwater which is scotland

Back