MyGers & Rangers TV Subscriptions Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I ask what you were doing then by starting this thread? Do you make threads about all your purchases and cancellations regarding Rangers? Or was this just a bit of “look at me, look at what im doing to fight the friendly” attention seeking?

Of course you can.
Yeah, I tend to do just that.

This is a messageboard to talk about Rangers. I'm obsessed with Rangers and post endlessly about them.

But here's the key point... every single post made on Follow Follow is attention seeking – if they weren't, they'd be no point in posting them.
Or do you think people post things and hope people won't read them?

I also don't think anyone is going to be influenced by something I post.
I'm sure everything can think for themselves.

Of course you can.

This is a messageboard to talk about Rangers. I'm obsessed with Rangers and post endlessly about them.

But here's the key point... every single post made on Follow Follow is attention seeking – if they weren't, they'd be no point in posting them.

Yes, but most other people would have just posted in one of the other threads, not made a completely pointless new thread just to be noticed.

Yes, but most other people would have just posted in one of the other threads, not made a completely pointless new thread just to be noticed.

Let's just have one big thread then called Rangers and put everything in there then?

The other thread is called "Club Statement", whereas my thread is about MyGers and Rangers TV. I'm sorry you don't think it's worthy of a separate thread.

However, thank you for posting in this one.
Genuinely. All opinions are most welcome on FF.

I joined MyGers as the Travel Club alternative and to keep funds flowing into the club. I‘m a season ticket holder (GR4), bought shares in the recent issue, buy merchandise etc etc, like many other bears. MyGers however, is of little actual value to me, as I‘m down south I never apply for away tickets and as a bronze member I’d never likely get them if I did. The annual MyGers pack is pretty pointless in my opinion and I’m generally struggling to see any benefits of membership for a supporter like me other than the Travel Club element. Genuinely unsure if I’ll keep my MyGers membership going or not, but usually the “funding the club” argument wins.

Also, every modern football club has some form of membership scheme so I’m not against it in principle. I do however think that the Travel Club should have remained separate and that MyGers should not have had the negative impact on RSCs when it comes to ticket allocations.

Better form of action OP is taking than that of disruption of a MUST win game twice while we are losing

Reasons for both cancellations were given as:
“My reasons for the cancellation are the disgraceful Australian friendly and the incredibly poor club communications.”

Now, before anyone starts, I’m not trying to influence others on what to do or what not to do with their own money.
Today, for me, was just the final straw.
Whatever anyone thinks is right for them is fair enough and I Hope you also cancelled the BBC TV licence LS lol

Rock On Cancel Culture

Of course you can.

Unsurprisingly you've been jumped on by the very same people who probably jumped on me for my Murray boycott until the lying rat left. At the end of the day, it's your choice where your money goes and when. For some on here, daring not to fund an elaborate away ticket charge makes you less of a fan. On the flip side, you can of course Co tinue to blindly fund a board who yet again rip the absolute pish out of every supporter whilst wringing their pockets for every damn penny regardless of what they are doing. Sit down, shut up and buy the friendly match and we'll give you a couple of my gers points.

Regardless if you have a side or not, this board has lead us to a hideous position due to one act of greed and setting us beside paedophile harbourers, in fact not even beside, but at their control.

We as a support either deal with this board now or yet again, hell fkn mend us for the mess they will lead us to with their arrogance and ignorance of the support.

Unfortunately for a fan like myself who wants to go to European away games and Cup semi and finals, MyGers is necessary for this. No matter how much I disagree with it and wish we still just had the travel club. I don’t buy MyGers to contribute more money to the club, I do it because I need it for tickets, and I’m not going to let a ‘friendly’ against the beggars which I won’t turn the TV on for stop me doing that.

“My reasons for the cancellation are the disgraceful Australian friendly and the incredibly poor club communications.”

Now, before anyone starts, I’m not trying to influence others on what to do or what not to do with their own money.
I also canccelled RTV annual sub auto renewal due to the friendly. If they do the right thing I will reconsider for next year.

I can’t stand them or their club but if Rangers are guaranteed £3M for a few non-event games in Australia when domestic football is suspended for a month because of the World Cup I just don’t understand what the fuss is about. Both sides will probably be sending seriously depleted squads so we will be taking money under false pretences. And it will be a very useful way of giving young and fringe players an opportunity. and the weather in Oz at that time of the year will be good, late spring/early summer. If Postecoglou was not their manager would there have been the same reaction?

I’m not happy with the Australian trip still hoping it will be cancelled but haven’t reached the stage i am considering giving up my season ticket or MyGers,
Don’t know the where the line in the sand would be for me that would result in me giving them up,Perhaps capitulating to the fhilths demand for more tickets would be step to far for me.

Last edited:
I can’t stand them or their club but if Rangers are guaranteed £3M for a few non-event games in Australia when domestic football is suspended for a month because of the World Cup I just don’t understand what the fuss is about. Both sides will probably be sending seriously depleted squads so we will be taking money under false pretences. And it will be a very useful way of giving young and fringe players an opportunity. and the weather in Oz at that time of the year will be good, late spring/early summer. If Postecoglou was not their manager would there have been the same reaction?
Any club barring peado fc and it wouldn't be a problem. Yet another one about to be revealed and still they deny so yeah, anyone but them it'd be fine

If a group of paedos offered me 3 million for a football match I'd probably decline.

The MyGers vehicle is now as toxic as Club 1872, SOS and elements of the Rangers Board. TBH I’m absolutely lost in this internal power struggle/propaganda war but I respect everyone’s individual opinion on how to spend their cash and also how they choose to support Rangers. We are a broad Church of individuals brought together by the love of our Club, it isn’t the first time in our history there have been internal conflicts nor will it be the last, we seem to be particularly good at in fighting. However, when we are cornered and have our backs to the wall that is when the Rangers support come into our own.

State your point.
You raised the paedo issue. Like Celtic, Manchester City (and Southampton) have ex-coaches serving long prison sentences for such offences perpetrated against boys who were in their academy and coaching systems. So my question to you is should we refuse possible friendly games against these clubs.

You raised the paedo issue. Like Celtic, Manchester City (and Southampton) have ex-coaches serving long prison sentences for such offences perpetrated against boys who were in their academy and coaching systems. So my question to you is should we refuse possible friendly games against these clubs.
Has any such offer been made?

During the boycott season, I gave up my season ticket and bought tickets on a game by game basis, never the same seat twice.

I remember sitting next to an elderly chap in the club deck and what he said to me stuck.

I was furious at the board, at the manager, at the players and was venting my anger. He said he had followed Rangers for 60 years and had pretty much seen it all.

His words of advice were to always support the team and club in any way you can. Boards, manager, players will all come and go. The one constant is our love of Rangers.

Don't let events that you are unhappy about interfere with your support of Rangers.

Life is too short.

I'm not renewing mygers but made the decision before the friendly. As someone who doesn't bother with away games I do not see any point me paying 40 quid for nothing.

Unfortunately, the only person this will affect is yourself if you want to go to away games or semis and finals.

It's a sad state of affairs and the club have us over a barrel.

You are now avoiding the issue! If you are standing on a point of principle, fine. But you cannot pick and choose your principle based on whether or not you like or dislike the institution involved. To quote Groucho Marx -“These are my principles! But if you don’t like them I have others you might like!”
No, I just prefer to deal with actual situations that are actually happening as opposed to hypothetical situations that only exist in the cavernous space between your ears.

Couldn't agree more.

I can't remember any complaints when the Old Firm were in France for pre-season friendlies last year.

We’re 3 points off top
Qrtr Final of Europa
Semis of Sc

That’s where our focus needs to be.

I asked the fan engagement team if MyGers was being auto renewed at the end of March or if they knew when.

Their answer-
Thanks for your email.
We would be unable to give any timeframe on this but are hoping this may be within the coming months.
Regards
Sean

Honest to £uck :mad:

I emailed Robertson after the Australia friendly was announced and followed up two weeks later questioning his silence on the matter, and I received an alert to say I’d been blocked.

You’ve got to be kidding? Wow.

£400k a year for that coward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back