If Giovanni’s learned at all, we get the 3 points on Sunday.

Rangersboy55

It’s as simple as that. If we’ve learned, we win. Press them high, put tackles in and control the game. If we do that, I have no doubt we’d get a very good scoreline against them. Don’t sit off and respect these one trick ponies. Get a grip of this game off the off and put balls in behind them and over the top. Also make set plays count, they’re still awful at defending them. They are completely wide open and off the ball their shape is all over the joint but get away with it because their system overwhelms sides who show them too much respect. They don’t however when even a decent side doesn’t fear them, like Bodo. Not to mention if you control and pass around them and have a spell, they run about like headless chickens, press for the sake of pressing and are completely blown out their arse which was heavily shown against Bodo/Glimt.

If we can’t beat these one trick ponies who believe they’re a better side than they are because of one win against us in 3 years and offer them further encouragement, it’s as good as gone. Pin what Giakoumakis and Juranovic said up on the wall, be out for blood on Sunday and put them back in their place. I believe if we get a good win over them, the momentum turns at the right time in which the pressure would crank up. 3 points and no less. We’re a better side than them. Don’t give the referee who they’ll no doubt pressure this week any decisions to make. It’s do or die for the title this week.

In a perfect world.
Unfortunately we have officials hell bent on handing the scum thwme league to deal with
I think the officials have been intimidated. They’ve always been rubbish but there’s no coincidence at all they’ve gotten even worse since Celtic’s club AGM. No doubt they’ll use the intimidation tactics the minute the ref gets announced.

It’s as simple as that. If we’ve learned, we win. Press them high, put tackles in and control the game. If we do that, I have no doubt we’d get a very good scoreline against them. Don’t sit off and respect these one trick ponies. Get a grip of this game off the off and put balls in behind them and over the top. Also make set plays count, they’re still awful at defending them. They are completely wide open and off the ball their shape is all over the joint but get away with it because their system overwhelms sides who show them too much respect. They don’t however when even a decent side doesn’t fear them, like Bodo. Not to mention if you control and pass around them and have a spell, they run about like headless chickens, press for the sake of pressing and are completely blown out their arse which was heavily shown against Bodo/Glimt.

If we can’t beat these one trick ponies who believe they’re a better side than they are because of one win against us in 3 years and offer them further encouragement, it’s as good as gone. Pin what Giakoumakis and Juranovic said up on the wall, be out for blood on Sunday and put them back in their place. I believe if we get a good win over them, the momentum turns at the right time in which the pressure would crank up. 3 points and no less. We’re a better side than them. Don’t give the referee who they’ll no doubt pressure this week any decisions to make. It’s do or die for the title this week.
Don't allow them to fly out the traps.

Things don't always go the way you imagine though - particularly in derby football matches, do they?

The Tolkien select in Europe showed how to play Celtc, don’t sit off them and let them come on to you, match them in effort and intensity from the start and play through them to runners.
If we sit back in the hope that Kent dribbles through them we’ll have a long afternoon.

We need every player to match them from the first whistle with no passengers.

Not enough mention of 'one trick ponies' in that as far as I'm concerned...

Football isn't played on paper.

Nor is it as simple as saying "if the manager has learned everything will be fine". He's not the one on the pitch doing the various jobs.

They have weaknesses, like any team does, but they're a good side in the context of Scottish football. 31 domestic games unbeaten is more than proof enough of that, and they've had all sorts of injury issues in there too. If that was us and that lot were saying "they're sh*te and there for the taking", we'd rightly be laughing at them.

This is a good team we're playing that I happen to believe we're better than, but we haven't shown that enough of late in domestic games. Any win will be hard earned, not some sort of easy process as is being suggested.

I think we need to realise Celtic aren't pish. I think we are better and should be beating them but our domestic form is honking, this team has issues with pressure and unless we get it right there's every chance Celtic could get a positive result.

I think we will win but we will have to be at our absolute best. If we're not we struggle against Aberdeen. There's not much middle ground with this team.

I think we need to realise Celtic aren't pish. I think we are better and should be beating them but our domestic form is honking, this team has issues with pressure and unless we get it right there's every chance Celtic could get a positive result.

I think we will win but we will have to be at our absolute best. If we're not we struggle against Aberdeen. There's not much middle ground with this team.
I think we also need to realise Celtic are nowhere near as good as the media and even their players believe. Their European spankings show that. They’re a decent side but so you should be when you spend 30 million quid for crying out loud.

I think we also need to realise Celtic are nowhere near as good as the media and even their players believe. Their European spankings show that. They’re a decent side but so you should be when you spend 30 million quid for crying out loud.
I don't think anyone thinks they are world beaters, mate. But they have a winning habit, are good enough to cause us serious problems and with our issues we need to be bang on it.

3 big games to look forward to and it's not going to be easy. This team could become legends if we win them all.

I think the officials have been intimidated. They’ve always been rubbish but there’s no coincidence at all they’ve gotten even worse since Celtic’s club AGM. No doubt they’ll use the intimidation tactics the minute the ref gets announced.
odd the ref hasn`t been announced, Clancy got covid?

Gio likes to sit back on a lead.

If we do that, it's anyone's game. Unfortunately I don't think he'll change that philosophy.

Our best bet is taking a lead in the second half.

It will be harder than the OP suggests. Do you not think every other team have thought the same? Think what you want but don't kid yourself they are not a good team. Also this one win in 3 years stuff is really daft. We did not play that squad in the past 3 years. We have played the current squad twice. Its one victory apiece.
To win we need everyone in top form but especially Morelos and Kent.

they are dangerous up front but their defence is shocking and we need to exploit that. Would love to see us play two up top and put pressure on their CHs

they are dangerous up front but their defence is shocking and we need to exploit that.
They really shouldn't be able to handle Morelos and Kent but it comes down to many factors, including g how the manager sets up and how the players react individually and collectively.

As I said, I think we will and should win but I'm just some guy.

I'm looking forward to the game. Should be pulse pounding stuff.

I'm going to disagree. I don't think we press them high.

I think we press them in the middle and then quickly exploit the gaps. That will allow our strong and aggressive players like jack and lundstram to play their game while also allowing Kent and the attackers to save their energy for when we have the ball and big spaces to exploit.

It will be harder than the OP suggests. Do you not think every other team have thought the same? Think what you want but don't kid yourself they are not a good team. Also this one win in 3 years stuff is really daft. We did not play that squad in the past 3 years. We have played the current squad twice. Its one victory apiece.
To win we need everyone in top form but especially Morelos and Kent.
Jobber teams don’t have the quality Rangers possess to carry out tactics to play through them.

Back