If Giovanni’s learned at all, we get the 3 points on Sunday.

Not as straightforward as that OP, absolutely anything can happen in these games. But I do agree we need to go on the front foot and press high right from the off. We didn't at Parkhead and paid the price.

The answer is yes btw. So what's your next plan?
Very few if any SPFL teams play with two strikers against them, I`d like to see us try it, better than pumping cross after cross into Morelos with two CHs on him surely!
Morelos and Roofe/Sakala in the middle, Kent on the left wing and Tav overlapping on the right.

Very few if any SPFL teams play with two strikers against them, I`d like to see us do it
We've not played that way for most of the season. I don't think Sunday is the time to go in with an untested formation personally. We need to stick with the way we setup vs Dortmund and most of the other euro games imo.

We've not played that way for most of the season. I don't think Sunday is the time to go in with an untested formation personally. We need to stick with the way we setup vs Dortmund and most of the other euro games imo.
you are probably right, just wishful thinking on my part

Just had a look at their european results this season. They conceded loads in the groups but they also scored loads. 13 goals in 6 games and conceded 15. Reads to me that when they are attacked they will find holes in the opposition defence so we need Morelos to be fit on Sunday I feel. Or Roofe will really need to step up as we'll need to take our chances when they come if we play the opposite of how we did in february.

Sorry for the dbl post but just to add, I feel this is the first time in a long time that the fixture will be decided on tactics mainly.

We had pedro and murty up against rodgers. they had the edge.
Then we had gerrard and beale up against lennon. We had the edge.

Now we have tactical coaches in charge of both sides so should make for a very interesting game.

It will be harder than the OP suggests. Do you not think every other team have thought the same? Think what you want but don't kid yourself they are not a good team. Also this one win in 3 years stuff is really daft. We did not play that squad in the past 3 years. We have played the current squad twice. Its one victory apiece.
To win we need everyone in top form but especially Morelos and Kent.
It's not going to be an easy game.

Celtic aren't as bad as they were last year but lets be honest that wouldn't be difficult.

But, we are seeing them trying to build a narrative that should they win the league it's some kind of miracle. The money Fat Ange has spunked essentially to win a two horse race isn't being mentioned and their Euro humiliations are being covered by talking up Bodo Glimt as some kind of dark horses in European Football. We haven't spent a penny in comparison and we're outdoing them in Europe.

We beat them at Ibrox with half a team out. They in turn pulled every string they could to get the last game moved to allow them to get players fit and get new signings in. They then emptied themselves to win that game.

Celtic playing 10 out of 11 teams will have the ball most of the game. WE should be looking to dominate the ball and impose our game on them. We failled to do that last game and it cost us. I think Gio has shown he can change systems mid match like against Dortmund and Red Star since the debacle at the piggery..

The biggest thing for me is there won't be 60k of them screaming like demented loonies on Sunday, nor at Hampden. I think we'll see 2 very different games from the last one. But we do need to be on our game as well.

This myth that the mentally challengeds defence is shocking what does it make ours?

Can we win on Sunday, absolutely.

Will we win on Sunday is another thing.

No more room for hiding or sentiment, it’s now or never.

It’ll be a tough game on the basis we have to juggle the game on Sunday with a huge game on Thursday whereas they can just throw everything at Sunday.

If we can somehow get a couple of early goals and then cruise it would be great to help the cause for Braga on Thursday.

Very few if any SPFL teams play with two strikers against them, I`d like to see us try it, better than pumping cross after cross into Morelos with two CHs on him surely!
Morelos and Roofe/Sakala in the middle, Kent on the left wing and Tav overlapping on the right.
These crosses annoy the shit out of me.....9/10 easy meat for central defenders. They simply dont work enough to be a major tactic.

If only it was all as easy as it’s made out here. “Just need to press, score and stop them scoring”, “8 wins a a row and we’re champions” etc etc.

Lundstram/Jack midfield is going to make a world of difference. McGregor, Hatate whoever they play won't get the run of the park without one of those two cutting them off.

We need Ramsey to start too, he's simply far too good to exclude and we need him on the field. Get an hour out of him and I'm very confident we'd be a couple of goals in front at that point.

Tbh my concern isn’t for the game at the weekend as I feel we will probably win that, it’s the games against the other sides in the league and the away game to celtic after the split.

I don’t for one second think we have it in us to not drop anymore points this season. As bad as it sounds there was actually one stage when we were behind at Dundee a week ago that I had began to accept the league just isn’t happening this season, we are that bad away from home domestically atm.

They will come flying out the traps with all guns blazing. We just need to go toe to toe with them and deny them any space to play. If we win this one I think we'll also win the semi.

We had virtually no midfield at the piggery.

Jack, Lundstram and Kamara to win that battle, allowing Kent, Alfie and Ramsey or Aribo to terrorise their defence.

I don't recall the ref being an issue at their midden.

We were just shite.
Not the worst performance but….what about when Bassey and Kamara clash heads, big Bassey lying on his back and the vermin score the first goal. Also the one - two Arfield and aribo play then big joe is up ended in their box in first half with score at 1-0 that could have changed the game in our favour. Granted we were very poor first half and had a lot of passengers but the ref certainly didn’t help matters. Anywhere else that foul on aribo is a pen. The fact we have only been awarded two pens in over 20yrs at that midden says it all really.

These crosses annoy the shit out of me.....9/10 easy meat for central defenders. They simply dont work enough to be a major tactic.
when we really need a goal I`d like to see us go for it by pushing Goldson/Helander/Balogun forward for the last 10-15m and Bassey moving to CH, then we might get some joy from the crosses

The game at their shit hole when they pure reinvented football was a funny one, they did sort of chuck it a bit as the game was done and McGregor did make a few decent saves, but we were pish and yet.

Arfield should score, would have changed the game TBH

Jack rattles the bar
Roofe and Goldson both missed sitters Kent very near put in the net for them.

In any game I have watched with them they do give up a lot of chances.

The game at their shit hole when they pure reinvented football was a funny one, they did sort of chuck it a bit as the game was done and McGregor did make a few decent saves, but we were pish and yet.

Arfield should score, would have changed the game TBH

Jack rattles the bar
Roofe and Goldson both missed sitters Kent very near put in the net for them.

In any game I have watched with them they do give up a lot of chances.
We shat the bed, lay in our box like bully victims waiting for the bully to tire themselves out or get bored. By halftime they basically packed up and went home.
It all hinged on that ball from Aribo to Arfield. Get that right and we go 1-1, anything could happen from there.

We were an embarrassment and completely lacking anything I associate with a Rangers team

It cannot be repeated this time round

Just curious - how many crosses are you expecting to be converted on average?

I'd say we're pretty good at them in relative terms. I think the expectations are generally unrealistic.

You've got to love FF :))

Hopefully Gio reads FF so that he learns his lesson and moves to the 1-1-8 high press.

We need to approach and play this game like a European match, as opposed to our our SPFL game (bar v Hearts 5-0 and away 2-0) have been our best performances this season.
And they can't play against European type football with their limited game , a partisan crowd on their back and a cacophony of Rangers songs before , during and after and no disruptions tennis balls/bog rolls etc to break up play , get the banners out re the CSA and shame the Timothy 700 and keep them quiet, the fans to get on the officials back if they start their nonsense.
We need to win this the more goals the better eats into the goal difference twice.....we score 3 that acts as 6 less.

Crowd intimidate from when they arrive

Noise all the way they will bottle it

Get right after them press them high

Get Alfie on starfelt he will dive in Alfie to roll him

Team selection

Mcgregor

Tav Goldson Balogun Bassey

Jack lundstrum

Aribo Ramsay kent

Alfie

Whatever mindset, preparation and game plan the players used for two Dortmund games and Red Star at home, they need to try and repeat it. Whatever mindset they were in, get there again.

I’d rather we focussed on repeating what we’ve done well in those games, rather than looking to what went so wrong at their midden last time.

I’m a lot more confident heading into this game than I was for away game.

Would love a reverse 3-0 scoreline to put these yahoos back under the wee rocks theve crawled out of the last couple months scottish press included.

As in most games midfield is key as that’s the supply route so jack lundstrum and whoever the 3rd midfielder boss these cunts like we have done in the previous scum games we’ve dominated and Kent and Alfie not squander the chances and then we get the result we want

As in most games midfield is key as that’s the supply route so jack lundstrum and whoever the 3rd midfielder boss these cunts like we have done in the previous scum games we’ve dominated and Kent and Alfie not squander the chances and then we get the result we want
We have to work harder than them first 20, hammer McGregor who doesnt play well when he's got no time (see alloa), and want it more all over the park. You can't sit off them like we did last time, but at the same time, you can't do a high press, otherwise we'll just run out of steam like they do. Find the balance

We have to work harder than them first 20, hammer McGregor who doesnt play well when he's got no time (see alloa), and want it more all over the park. You can't sit off them like we did last time, but at the same time, you can't do a high press, otherwise we'll just run out of steam like they do. Find the balance
Mcgregor reminds of legomuncher when our midfield in about him give even a half decent player time on the ball and they will punish nut if they don’t get time to look up and split second to make pass it goes backwards or out the park

They have a free pass on this match. We win and they're still ahead on G.Diff. so they can play however they want. They could play for a draw and that would be a win for them.

We must win. That's a lot of pressure so I hope they're up for it. Press high and don't let them catch their breath.

I'm confident we are winning this one. I felt exactly the same certainty about Sunday as I did about not winning the last game in February.

We've yet to play well against them this season. I want us at their throats from the first minute. No respect, no mercy. Same as how they started vs us in Feb.

They have a free pass on this match. We win and they're still ahead on G.Diff. so they can play however they want. They could play for a draw and that would be a win for them.

We must win. That's a lot of pressure so I hope they're up for it. Press high and don't let them catch their breath.
They play for a draw we will hammer them I hope they have this mindset

I can’t see anything but a win for us because we need to

They will be shitting it

We will make the difference the fans will make sure our team perform

Mcgregor reminds of legomuncher when our midfield in about him give even a half decent player time on the ball and they will punish nut if they don’t get time to look up and split second to make pass it goes backwards or out the park
Exactly, used to bug me so much some games we sat off him. Every time we got on top of him, the game was won.

McGregor is the same, when he's got time to lift his head he can be dangerous, but get right on him, their whole game stops

We need a midfield who win tackles and who will stand up to be counted.

McGregor

Tavernier
Goldson
Balogun
Bassey

Lundstram
Jack

Aribo
Arfield
Kent

Morelos

I think the only selection question is whether it's Arfield or Kamara.

Provided the other 10 are fit, they play.

Back