Sydney Replacement

GreigC

After todays smashing news, and before March ends and we get into the chaotic rollercoaster that will be April what would we like to see in November in place of the Australia trip?

We've got to be looking for some nice trip out the UK surely?

Florida Cup round 2 anyone?

Hamburg would be good. Could run a series of home / aways over a couple of weekends, across the different teams - first XI, women’s, B team maybe even a masters / legends game. Award points for each game. Commission a nice 150th anniversary trophy to go to the winner.

The other club we should be talking to is Arsenal.

Edit: a few of us on the same page in last couple of posts! :))

Id like us to invite our friends Hamburg and Arsenal to a mini tournament at Ibrox instead
Ibrox tournament with Hamburg, Arsenal and another?
I like the idea

But shouldn't we be looking for a chance to grow the clubs profile overseas and give expat bears a chance to see the team for a change

Although, with a month or so off, nothing stopping both

Linfield should always be one of the teams if ever theres a summer home tournament. Should never be forgotton what they did for us in our darkest days. I agree hamburg and arsenal could complete the four.

Yes of course Linfield.

The only issue is they’re a bit below our level & would we get 40-50k for it ?

I really hope we take a good look at why, more often than not recently, we come out of winter breaks playing like crap. Thereafter we try to make changes to the programme that give us the best possible chance of succeeding in the second half of the season.

Playing a friendly in Australia certainly wasn’t going to help with that, so even without all the other good reasons, I’m glad it’s been canned for that reason alone.

Yes of course Linfield.

The only issue is they’re a bit below our level & would we get 40-50k for it ?

A bit harsh on Linfield
A club that has been shown to be a true friend to us

I'm sure with the goodwill that's around now ,proper marketing and low priced tickets and billed as part of our 150th celebrations we could sell this out .if that was a club they choose to consider for a match.

my own preference would be Hamburg though

Florida if possible. Oz sometime in the future definitely for the fans.
Other options with good weather are a team in Canaries, or South of Spain perhaps.
Linfield and Hamburg along with another big club.

Hopefully another fixture that will get us close to £3m. Would help alot in hunt for new players. Feel if we had got that at start of this season we may well have moved for Veerman or a player of his quality.

I really hope they do a summer tour down to Oceania in summer 2023

Let NZ/OZ/Asian based fans see the team against any team other than Celtic
Could be tricky with the Women's WC being played in Aus and NZ. Most of the major stadiums may fall within the FIFA exclusivity window (if that is still a thing, it used to be).

completely pointless whatever we organise

Anybody half decent will be at the world cup, so you will be seeing some 2nd string of any "big" team in European football

Even a number of our players could be involved in the WC

What is the man u squad that plays in the far east going to look like in reality? will it bear much resemblance to the team that plays each week in the PL

And no matter what we will still hear complaints come this time next season about too many games for players

I think we need to sort a trip down under to be honest. The support there have had an albeit controversial, chance to see a big game rightfully taken away. Perhaps put some feelers out around Europe and see if a big team fancies joining us for a wee game or 2 there?

A tournee in Munich as the beer festival will just have been on so we can scoop up the remaining barrels

I doubt we'll do to the US - they're in the World Cup so all their focus will be on that.

Given Italy aren't in it I think we should try and set something up with the likes of Inter/Juve/AC. Italian teams have a heavy domestic bias in their teams and will be looking to keep them fit over the break.

Back