They are a better team than us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kills me to say it but that's how it is

They play a more attacking type of football and have more of a threat going forward

Hopefully the board can back our manager ( whoever it may be because even though I had confidence in Gio there are huge doubts about him now ) in the summer and we can get get a good bit of quality and reclaim the title

And yes we mathematically we can win the title still ,but 6 games to go it's over and we know it .
There clearly not a better team , while we were pumping Dortmund they were getting pumped of bobo gimps

Don’t think there’s an area of the pitch we look better than them.

I don’t think there’s much in it in terms of technical ability, but they’re a level above in attitude and application and that’s the difference for me.

The differences on the pitch were marginal but they were everywhere and it adds up to a fair gap in the end.

They pressed and stretched our defence better than we did to them. Maeda, while being a fairly limited player, is a nuisance and stopped us building anything from the back. We didn't have that.

Rogic looked like he was going to cause problems every time he received the ball. Ramsay was our best performer today but he had little to work with.

The other little difference (and this is related to the first issue) was our centre-backs quite often winning the ball and giving it straight back to them. Invited pressure straight back to us.

Blaming McGregor is harsh. The team knows he won't come off his line for crosses so they should know it's their job to deal with it. We should commend him for making one very good save from the 1-on-1 and a stunning save from Abada

*Overall, the teams are fairly matched but I think they have a bit more depth and they look far more motivated in the league just now. Replicate our Europa performances against them and I think we win that.

First half they were the better team, and were happy to sit back and soak up out pitiful attacking in the 2nd half

We gifted them 2 goals and they sat in doubled up on every player on the ball, between 40 and 50 balls went into their box and a decent striker would have lapped that up.

Score is no surprise for me, we have struggled all season. When we did have momentum we had the winter break. Lose it this season we go again next. Beware though the scum have our card marked so I don't expect to win the cup game or at the Glitterdome unless Gio pulls something out the hat. Hope I'm wrong.

Check the league table instead of cup ties.
Our fans are shocking never just 100% back the team. We were 25 points clear and they were still convinced they were better than is but our fans cant wait to scream that we are shite and they are better. It is pathetic. SUPPORT YOUR TEAM.

They are, but given the money they spend, they should be.
They've speculated. And accumulated. Blooter £20 odd mil. Get £40m back. Plus being in CL bumps player value up. Unfortunately we didn't learn from mentally challenged mistakes, of resting on laurels. And we are where we are now. Utterly grim, and so predictable.

We only have 2 real goal threat options of note. Only Kent was on the pitch and they just had to focus on him alone pretty much.

Compare to the bheggars who have goals from a range of sources and its harder for teams to guard against.

Find it hard to agree they are a better team than us.
First team to ever get knocked out of 3 Euro comps in the one season and by a Norwegian team in their pre season whilst we were knocking out Dortmund.
They will win the league now, but they aren’t a better football team, no way.
Europe means nothing it's at home it counts & they dominate that just check their trophy haul over the past 6 years & possibly another treble come may we have won 1 trophy out of 17 so far , this years Scottish Cup will be 18 . We keep getting further in Europe than them but they mop up at home our record in domestic competitions is terrible for a club our size , St Johnstone have won more trophies than us recently which has to be addressed, I don’t think this board can take as forward this is their ceiling , & with them winning today & almost certainly winning the league now & the 30/40 million that goes with it it puts us in a very dark place .

They aren’t a better team, we are pretty equal. They didn’t dominate imo at any stage either, they just got two very good chances and took them both.

Gio has to go though, there’s no defending his in game management, it’s abysmal.

what does that even mean?
It's not that difficult mate really. Not sure what isn't clear. A team can look much better when the manager of the other team doesn't even try to, well manage the team. Change tactics, develop new tactics, make sensible subs.

Don't get it mate.

You can say that , but you know fine well where I’m coming from , It’s was glaringly obvious we were short up front , That was the difference

Ultimately out with Morelos and Tav none of our team contribute enough goals, they have many players who can score goals and they actually create chances we have a team scared of taking a shot. So yes we are short up front without Morelos but we have been short all over the perk all season.

They’re honking , the Norwegians proved that nothing more than organised and wiped the floor with them , we’re playing them and coming away with only bassey and Lundstrum pass marks, up against it when 9 of our players were rotten or hid

What position does our manager play?
Seriously.

I am of the opinion that some people on here feel the manager plays not part at all. :oops:

In fact, bonkers comment. I'm away back to the lounge and possibly to go get a vodka.

To answer the question - he is meant to play the position as the fecking manager. Of which he did lot of.

The best team wins the league.

Part of the problem we have is the delusion of how good we are.
This. The utter denial of folk who can’t handle the honest acceptance of what is clearly on display and backed up every stat going in the league can’t mask the reality.

If they beat us another two times this season and win a treble, there’ll still be those saying they’re shite and we have the better squad.

It’s baseless.

This. The utter denial of folk who can’t handle the honest acceptance of what is clearly on display and backed up every stat going in the league can’t mask the reality.

If they beat us another two times this season and win a treble, there’ll still be those saying they’re shite and we have the better squad.

It’s baseless.
Yep, the delusion in this thread is incredible.

I hate to say this, but I'm just back from the match. McGregor for them was an absolute Captain. When they went one down he was in the centre of the pitch pumping then back up, then at every break of play he was doing the same thing. Too many of our players shirk responsibility, and seem to lack the required fight to play for Rangers. They seem to lack the dirty, nasty, sleekit side of the game that that mob have as well.

In not going to single or any players, or the manager, but I'm gutted at the way that game went today.

They went out and spent around £30m and folk wonder why their squad is stronger

Seems to be a myth that a lot of our fans have bought into that Ange Postecoglu has done this on buttons, he’s spent more in a few months than Gerrard got in 3 in a bit years

Sadly our rebuild will be done on free signings, bags of balls and couple of ginger bottles

Shit to say but yeah they are. We've been outplayed twice now. Out fought too and most worryingly out thought. They could have scored more and look by far the larger threat.

I don't care if it's unpopular but I hope gio isn't here next year. And I don't care what happens in Europe

It’s comforting to talk about Europe etc.

But Morelos apart, I’m struggling with their comparisons.

Their goalkeeper is better, their defenders are better. They have a more creative midfield and more dynamic attacking players.

You can talk about Bodo glimt etc…but these are the facts.

Not today they weren't I thought we were more than good enough in possession and transition for draw at least.

They defended better for sure and we lacked a killer instinct in the box.

But over the course of this season they have been the better team.

For whatever reason teams only need one or two chances to score. Whereas we toil to convert numerous opportunities.

Gio deserves the opportunity to build his own team, Ange done that quickly and unfortunately effectively. The board offered Gio the status quo and predictably he got the status quo. None of our current issues are new or emerging. They were the same under Gerrard at the beginning of this year.

I actually believe in Gio and his team, look at Europe.

Angry about the title but confident for the Scottish cup after today and you never know in Europa.

They're definitely not the better team or man for man. No chance!

They got two scrappy goals, sat in and defended for their lives.

We go into the 2nd half level or leading and it draws them out and then they're badly exposed for how average they are.... if my granny had baws and all that.

Kills me to say it but that's how it is

They play a more attacking type of football and have more of a threat going forward

Hopefully the board can back our manager ( whoever it may be because even though I had confidence in Gio there are huge doubts about him now ) in the summer and we can get get a good bit of quality and reclaim the title

And yes we mathematically we can win the title still ,but 6 games to go it's over and we know it .
I don’t think they have a better team, starting to believe they have a better manager though. Other than Europe, a saving grace, Gio has been pretty terrible, 19 points dropped now.

You'll still have folk trying to tell you how shite they are.
Pyoor staunch and all that.
The fact is right now only Lundstram and possibly Ramsey would get in their team imo.

They are better set up than us at present but they are not better than us!

We have needed a system change for a fair period this season but both our management teams carried on regardless. Two holding midfielders with two wide players and fullbacks hugging touchline makes us easy to defend and very predictable and leaves huge gaps for teams to stroll through our team and expose a defence that sits far to deep.

I think he chucked it mentally after Malmo. The CL was the target and he never got a budget to improve the squad.

I think that whole mindset bled into the team.

He couldn’t get out the door quick enough and Goldson summed up the dressing room’s attitudes after the Hibs debacle.

That said, it’s once again the post-winter break slump that has truly killed us. How we explain that under both managers, many seasons over, I don’t know.

I think he chucked it mentally after Malmo. The CL was the target and he never got a budget to improve the squad.

I think that whole mindset bled into the team.

He couldn’t get out the door quick enough and Goldson summed up the dressing room’s attitudes after the Hibs debacle.

That said, it’s once again the post-winter break slump that has truly killed us. How we explain that under both managers, many seasons over, I don’t know.
Exactly

This is on the board - Dave King needs to come back asap

Seriously.

I am of the opinion that some people on here feel the manager plays not part at all. :oops:

In fact, bonkers comment. I'm away back to the lounge and possibly to go get a vodka.

To answer the question - he is meant to play the position as the fecking manager. Of which he did lot of.

He didn't do it very good.
Look back in my history, wasn't keen on Gio in the first place, more so now, want him bind.

Who is honking, your a pape.

No idea why this is tolerated here tbh.

Clearly they have squad strength we don’t have. The Japanese lad went off and the Danish international came on, then he came off for Turnbull.

You don’t have to be a ‘pale’ ti recognise that ffs

Are they a better side though? Debatable, and if they are its marginable. Their decision making isn't always great and they were spent after an hour. We controlled the majority of the game but couldnt do anything with our possession. They on the other hand were able to craft some clear cut chances in the first half and take them. They also stood firm against everything we could throw at them in the second 45.

Morelos would have made a huge difference today. He wouldn't have been rag-dolled the way Roofe was. How much that would have impacted the result is debatable

Who's the best? There's not much in it, and in the grand scheme of things I reckon were both poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back