They are a better team than us

Status
Not open for further replies.

The People

Kills me to say it but that's how it is

They play a more attacking type of football and have more of a threat going forward

Hopefully the board can back our manager ( whoever it may be because even though I had confidence in Gio there are huge doubts about him now ) in the summer and we can get get a good bit of quality and reclaim the title

And yes we mathematically we can win the title still ,but 6 games to go it's over and we know it .

Wouldn’t go that far. Superstars like Jota, Maeda and the other one looked bang average today. McGregor strolled through the game though - they have 2 absolutely honking centre half’s who were shaken up at the beginning of the match. We didn’t do enough to capitalise. Our issue between defensive mistakes and poor passing was our inability to threaten them.

They play a more attacking type of football and have more of a threat going forward

Hopefully the board can back our manager ( whoever it may be because even though I had confidence in Gio there are huge doubts about him now ) in the summer and we can get get a good bit of quality and reclaim the title

And yes we mathematically we can win the title still ,but 6 games to go it's over and we know it .

Yeah, that's why they set a new record for the first Scottish team to be dumped out of 3 UEFA competitions in the one season.

This will get chopped like the last one.

Until we admit this we won't be able to catch them.

For years they said we were pish and disregarded us as a threat until it was too late.

Let's not fall in the to same trap.

We have better players, they have better team work. Lost again to 2 bad mistakes based on ageing keeper who invites pressure.

They’ve taken 34 points from 36 since Christmas.

We’ve dropped something like 14 points since new year, it’s simply sickening

Wouldn’t go that far. Superstars like Jota, Maeda and the other one looked bang average today. McGregor strolled through the game though - they have 2 absolutely honking centre half’s who were shaken up at the beginning of the match. We didn’t do enough to capitalise. Our issue between defensive mistakes and poor passing was our inability to threaten them.
McGregor strolled through except for when he was woeful for both goals.

They're not that great. That's the hugely frustrating thing.
This squad of players would have beaten them with ease if we were playing with last season's form.
It's more our poor form rather than them being anything special.

The fact we’re in the last 8 of the Europa League says different.

We have a good team, and man for man better players, but we’re struggling just now domestically to get our dangerous players on the ball in dangerous positions.

How we can score 6 goals against Dortmund and 4 against Red Star, and yet struggle to score at Dens Park beggars belief.

You obviously haven’t read the gospel according to FF, they’re utter shite, their defence is a joke, they’ve signed these daft J League players and brought in an Aussie joke to lead their team.

Theyre not a brilliant team, far from it. But they’re obviously better than us. The most sickening thing for me is they look hungrier than us, and they look like they have more balls than us. We’re a far better team when we’re in Europe and there’s less expectation on the players.

Their attacking threat is better, but they've invested more than us, so it is expected. Their depth in attack is what is needed in this league.

We need to start to rely on our youngsters (show some trust in them) and mix with proper quality signings to improve.

A run of piss poor transfer windows have seen to that. Ridiculous that it's been allowed to happen considering the levels we reached last season but yes - they are currently better than us

I didn’t think there was anything in it today. Truth is we don’t have anyone in the squad remotely near the level of Morelos and his loss was badly felt (again). When he’s fit and raring to go he knits the whole team together and is clearly a massive goal threat in big games. Obviously today hurts and I thought we should have got a point, but don’t make it into something it’s not.

Agreed with OP. Which makes it even more sickening, they've had to do a complete rebuild in less than a season and it worked like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back