Gio's improvement since Braga away

No i'm not, but people are underestimating how much of an impact Gerrard walking out mid season, with no warning, had on our season. Any team will struggle with that. We got a new manger bounce before players had to adapt to a new regime. On top of that several players have under performed all season, even before Gio arrived.

If youre looking for someone to blame look at the players, not Van Bronkhorst
He has got away with it due to the European campaign. Not many managers get away with a 12 point swing in the league

You have to take into account we were without our 2 first choice strikers and were also missing 2 international central defenders.

We totally dominated an hour of the game today.
They were the better team in a couple of old firm games last season. We laughed when they mentioned it.

You have to take into account we were without our 2 first choice strikers and were also missing 2 international central defenders.

We totally dominated an hour of the game today.
If we want to be picky he still hasn’t beaten them in 90 mins. Hardly got their number as others suggest

He has got away with it due to the European campaign. Not many managers get away with a 12 point swing in the league
Gerrard’s points per match in the league this season 2.25.

Gio’s points per match in the league this season 2.27.

The difference is that Celtic were crap when Gerrard was still here. Since Gio came in they have only dropped 6 points in the league including today.

Not even brand new ones who haven't had a chance to work with the squad? That swing had as much to do with the mentally challengeds getting their act together too as it did our form.

Doesn’t point 2 contradict point 1?
Not really. He has done well considering the injuries etc but he still makes poor sub choices at times and doesn't use his squad as well as he should imo. Lowry and Davis should both have seen more game time than Arfield this half of the season, Amad has been utterly bombed out despite being no worse than Wright or Sakala. McLaughlin has been brilliant every time he has played yet never gets a sniff.

Not even brand new ones who haven't had a chance to work with the squad? That swing had as much to do with the mentally challengeds getting their act together too as it did our form.
Their manager was “brand new” and only experience was playing against the might of Iran and Iraq. He has just won the league with ease.

Is 1-1 a good result? Standards are shocking tbh
Did you read the thread title? Is today’s result on Gio?
From what I watched .. no and I’m going to encourage a positive thread rather than derail.

Tell me what Gio done wrong today in the circumstances? Tactically with the squad he has?

We all agree Thursday is more important so if taking on a team you love half through a season and not hit the ground running determines your future then you should support Man U

I feel you didn’t watch the match so can I just state we still should of won. No mention of the offsides given illegally and the onsides given illegally against us. Thought Beaton dealt well with the match. The linesman were scary..

I have beencritical over Gio but in fairness Morelos , roofe , balogun , helander , hagi all unavailable . That’s almost half a team of 1st team players .
Aye today. They were fit when we got pumped 3-0 and then dropped points against Motherwell, County etc.

At a canter... Deary me!
If I told you last season after being 25 points ahead. That they would have the league Pretty much done by April, would you have been happy? Or even early in the season when we were 7 points ahead?

Some people actually seem happy with the league campaign this year.

Europe has been great. League campaign has been terrible

No i'm not, but people are underestimating how much of an impact Gerrard walking out mid season, with no warning, had on our season. Any team will struggle with that. We got a new manger bounce before players had to adapt to a new regime. On top of that several players have under performed all season, even before Gio arrived.

Look at the board who failed to invest, costing us the league and access to millions.

Unfortunately I’m not 10 and I remember when we used to have higher expectations than being delighted with a 1-1 draw and throwing away the league
I appreciate what your saying but you’ve missed the whole point especially on this thread. Nobody is sitting here joyous / celebrating the result.

But GIO has shown he is growing into this role and has a summer transfer window to really stamp his name on the job. Fingers crossed Thursday goes our way and who knows? That’s CL money next year?

Let Flange grow out of that jumper, he’s already on the downward trend.

I’m talking about Gio. He has 1 in 4 which wasn’t actually won in 90 mins.
Mate that’s just deliberately taking the negative slant to make it look worse.

The first two were sickeners, no getting round that, but he has clearly learned, and altered his tactics, since we have beat them to get to the Scottish Cup final and got a draw at the piggery, and were the better team in both.

Losing the league is horrible but there’s much to be positive about for the end of the season and next season.

I appreciate what your saying but you’ve missed the whole point especially on this thread. Nobody is sitting here joyous / celebrating the result.

But GIO has shown he is growing into this role and has a summer transfer window to really stamp his name on the job. Fingers crossed Thursday goes our way and who knows? That’s CL money next year?

Let Flange grow out of that jumper, he’s already on the downward trend.
So you are happy with Gio but think their manager is on a downward trend? He already has 2 trophies in the bag FFS

They have their champions league money to strengthen even more.

Hindsight though isn't it, every man, woman and dug wanted him subbed at halftime because he was that shite and we were all baffled when he wasn't. I don't think him scoring in the end takes away from how poor a decision it was to keep him on.

Stop digging a hole.

We moved him through the middle and he caused no end of problems.

So it wasn't a poor decision to leave him on, in actual fact it was a great decision to keep him on a change his role

Mate that’s just deliberately taking the negative slant to make it look worse.

The first two were sickeners, no getting round that, but he has clearly learned, and altered his tactics, since we have beat them to get to the Scottish Cup final and got a draw at the piggery, and were the better team in both.

Losing the league is horrible but there’s much to be positive about for the end of the season and next season.
I’m positive about our European campaign. League campaign has been a disaster.

I think since the first Piggery game he abandoned what appeared to be a counter attacking style for something closer to the SG era. His formation and tactics have resulted in a much more controlled outcome with some great results. Whilst it’s highly encouraging there also has to be debate about what is his style?

In terms of recent results considering how depleted the squad was he’s rightly got a lot of credit but this will flip again if we don’t have something to show for this season when it ends

I think since the first Piggery game he abandoned what appeared to be a counter attacking style for something closer to the SG era. His formation and tactics have resulted in a much more controlled outcome with some great results. Whilst it’s highly encouraging there also has to be debate about what is his style?

In terms of recent results considering how depleted the squad was he’s rightly got a lot of credit but this will flip again if we don’t have something to show for this season when it ends
Winning the Europa League is still a big ask but he will get slaughtered if we lose to Hearts in the Scottish Cup final, and rightly so.

I don’t think it will happen though, we will win at least the Scottish Cup then it’s over to the board to find funds to allow him to bring in his own players, and not just free transfers cobbled together.

What about the other games. Remember Celtic have had their best striker out for most the season yet managed to beat the rest of the league every week.
Did you watch him today, he was Fkn hopeless. Kicks everything that moves and gets away with a wee smile. Never gets booked. You seem to know more about their striker being out than ours. I don’t think Morelos played against the child rapists this season.

Winning the Europa League is still a big ask but he will get slaughtered if we lose to Hearts in the Scottish Cup final, and rightly so.

I don’t think it will happen though, we will win at least the Scottish Cup then it’s over to the board to find funds to allow him to bring in his own players, and not just free transfers cobbled together.
t free transfers cobbled together.

I largely agree. He has little chance to influence the team in terms of personnel and he has adverted what was shaping up to be a dismal end to the season.

I do think too many underestimate the size of Thursday's challenge as such any fall out from not making it might be totally out of perspective.

As you say the SC has to be won. I do think if it ends flat then Bears won't forget the period when we effectively threw the league away...we've still to go through the pain of them getting the trophy...today only delayed the inevitable.

I remain confused by Gio but acknowledge that recently he and the team on the park look a lot more in control.

Last edited:
So you are happy with Gio but think their manager is on a downward trend? He already has 2 trophies in the bag FFS

They have their champions league money to strengthen even more.
The money we have made from Europe this season plus Patterson money plus selling a few players we should be spending more then them in the summer

The money we have made from Europe this season plus Patterson money plus selling a few players we should be spending more then them in the summer
Don't think the finances will allow that to happen.

Their new guy has spent a lot so I don't think he's seeing major bucks but effectively they always outspend us I expect that to continue.

Celtic were without their first choice striker in Kyogo for 3-4 months.
I’m talking about the last few games . Jan through to march was unacceptable but we have been much better recently .

The jury’s still out on gio , but I’ll give him a pass on this game

Celtics Japanese players are garbage and Kyogo is a sleekit diving cheat

Mate they are guaranteed £35 million from the CL, and their finances are in a better shape than ours to begin with.

I’d love us to outspend them this summer but realistically that’s not going to happen.

We had a quite enormous £25million loss, that’s been plugged by the Patterson sale and our EL run, but we won’t be spending fortunes, I just hope we spend a reasonable amount and not just free transfers like this season, even if 1 of them has now turned into our best midfielder.

I blame Gerrard

Back