Planes, trains and automobiles

when you planning on leaving mate?
Very early morning Tuesday or early evening Monday 16/17th. With 4/5 drivers and all taking a turn, we would get there early Wednesday, all going well.

We are looking at various different ways to go, driving seems to be the main one but looking at mini breaks to Malaga for 4 days from London which seems fairly cheap, cheaper than driving.

Already in Madrid for 3 days before. Mrs will get a flight home herself and I'm getting a train to Seville on game day.

Train back to Madrid on Friday 20th, fly Madrid to Lanzarote then Lanzarote to Edinburgh.

Even the trains are ridiculously expensive.

I am patiently (read as not) waiting on - On the beach confirming ours !! They better hurry up as everytime my emails ping I am shitting myself

Already in Madrid for 3 days before. Mrs will get a flight home herself and I'm getting a train to Seville on game day.

Train back to Madrid on Friday 20th, fly Madrid to Lanzarote then Lanzarote to Edinburgh.

Even the trains are ridiculously expensive.
I was 60 euro for my train.

I am patiently (read as not) waiting on - On the beach confirming ours !! They better hurry up as everytime my emails ping I am shitting myself
And on the beach have just text to say the booking is cancelled due to availability - %^*& sake !

Booked this morning.

Tuesday afternoon Glasgow - Madrid via Heathrow

Tuesday night - hotel in Madrid

Wednesday - 8am train to seville

Thursday - 6.30am train to Madrid

Thursday afternoon - Madrid - Edinburgh via Marseille

11pts off gold so hoping ticket should be okay

Fly to Faro on the Saturday after the Hearts game.

Bus to Seville from there.

Back via Tenerife to Edinburgh.

You can get into Portugal with a negative pcr test according to the Government website and then it’s an open border into Spain.

So you could go the Faro route with about 30k others.
I’ve no idea how to organise foreign travel as I’ve only been abroad a couple of times and my mate who died did all the organising.

When did you try to book it and where were you going?
This morning (middle of the night)

East Midlands to Malaga - Sunday to Friday !!

now looks like my only option is going to Faro but flight back would be Saturday so means i miss the cup final !!

And on the beach have just text to say the booking is cancelled due to availability - %^*& sake !
I’ve been waiting for Travel Republic to do this since 8 this morning. I wish they’d just get on with it and get the money refunded.

I’ve no idea how to organise foreign travel as I’ve only been abroad a couple of times and my mate who died did all the organising.

You’ll be fine going via Portugal mate as long as you get a pcr done within 72 hours before flying out. See below for full requirements for Portugal.

There isn’t much difference in travel time from Faro to Seville and Malaga to Seville so going via Faro may be your best bet if you are unvaccinated and haven’t had Covid in the last 6 months to allow you to show proof of recovery.

There’s a thread with loads of folk that have booked up via Faro.

You’ll be fine going via Portugal mate as long as you get a pcr done within 72 hours before flying out. See below for full requirements for Portugal.

There isn’t much difference in travel time from Faro to Seville and Malaga to Seville so going via Faro may be your best bet if you are unvaccinated and haven’t had Covid in the last 6 months to allow you to show proof of recovery.

There’s a thread with loads of folk that have booked up via Faro.
Exploring my options just now. Thanks a lot for the info bud, Very much appreciated.

Guys, looking for help been majorly screwed over by travel operator, we had Edinburgh - Bristol - faro booked on the Tuesday arrive Bristol 10.05, they have cancelled our booking for the adjoining flight to faro, so we are now looking for another route from Bristol on Tuesday but I'm really struggling, any ideas ?

Guys, looking for help been majorly screwed over by travel operator, we had Edinburgh - Bristol - faro booked on the Tuesday arrive Bristol 10.05, they have cancelled our booking for the adjoining flight to faro, so we are now looking for another route from Bristol on Tuesday but I'm really struggling, any ideas ?
were doing Bristol to Barcelona then Madrid on the Monday night arrive in Madrid Tuesday morning if thats any help mate

Just booked the Tuesday Manchester to Palma then on to Alicante 2hrs later, hoping to get seat on bus from Villamartin, then back to Manchester on the Fri and train up to Glasgow,

WATP

Anyone arriving late into Malaga on 17th? I get in at midnight. Would be looking to share transport up to Sevilla either on the night or early 18th morning. DM us if so!

Might be better getting refund and trying a different route?

On Kayak.com I can see Edinburgh > Brussels > Faro on Tuesday for £135

All sorted. London Gatwick flight at 6am on Monday to Malaga. Bus to Seville on Tuesday. Wednesday at the game or fan zone then overnight bus to Alicante on the Thursday. Might need a floor for two of us on Wednesday if we have time to get the head down in Seville. I suspect it will be an all night party…..

All sorted. London Gatwick flight at 6am on Monday to Malaga. Bus to Seville on Tuesday. Wednesday at the game or fan zone then overnight bus to Alicante on the Thursday. Might need a floor for two of us on Wednesday if we have time to get the head down in Seville. I suspect it will be an all night party…..
How are you getting to Gatwick?

Also got a flight from
Gatwick at same time Monday morning but to Faro.

An absolute nightmare trying to find routes now. I’ve managed to book flights from Stansted to Madrid, includes a change in Milan. Haven’t sorted actually getting to Standsted yet but think there’s direct flights from Edinburgh. Been at it all day and I’m slowly losing the will to live!!

I am landing at Seville airport at 9.05PM on the Tuesday and have car rental booked to drive down to Benalmadena if anyone needs a ride down. Should have 3 seats spare.

Still some decent flights available from Manchester to either Barcelona or Valencia on the Monday, can then either get a connecting flight to Seville or its about 5 hours on the train

I live in the North East of England so trip is as follows:
  • Newcastle to Malaga - Tuesday AM
  • Overnight stay in Malaga on Tuesday
  • Train to Seville on Wednesday AM
  • Overnight stay in Seville on Wednesday (£££)
  • Seville to Teesside via London - Thursday AM/PM
Happy with that, just the one change in London and one trip between cities.

Hardly anything available on trains now leaving Malaga to Seville, managed to get the 2.30 train
Getting back to Malaga is the problem

Back