Is Seville gonna be big enough?

Smart move is to use the other 2 stadiums one each with screens
Sounds a no brainer but I’m not convinced it’s that easy. Are Betis going to just offer up their stadium? Who’s covering the inevitable costs? Policing 3 stadiums at the same time.

Won’t work I wouldn’t think.

That Plaza is about 1km or so from the stadium

edit: as the crow flies, however its a 3km walk (25/30mins)

I’m sure it was about a mile from the end of edge of old town to the plaza. We came out a narrow street near the Game of Thrones garden from memory.

I’ve officially gave up, absolutely seek as %^*& man, booked Blackpool for a few days and the atmosphere in the pioneer should be good but not the same as Seville

I think they were probably banking on a Barca vs RB Leipzig final kind of deal. Which would have meant their flimsy plans would probably have worked out no bother.

Literally couldn't have wished for a worse set of finalists, at least from a logistical stand point. Tens of thousands of Scots and Germans. Going to be wild.

Seville will already have a plan, they just won't announce it until the last minute as they don't want to encourage ticketless fans to travel.

Whether there plan is good enough is another matter.

The other thread has a post saying the SLO / club are going on Monday to have discussions with the authorities about this.
They have to. In 2008 Man U offered to host fans to watch on big screens and were knocked back. They can’t make the same mistake this time.

This won’t be popular,

But If you’ve not got a ticket save yourself a fortune and watch it in Glasgow at Ibrox or an organised function. I say that from experience in going to Manchester. The morning there was great but the city didn’t cope and I doubt Seville will either.

That’s my feeling too, if you’ve booked Malaga/Albufeira etc without a ticket you’re probably better off watching the game there.
Hopefully there’s something arranged in Edinburgh, my family are away on holiday and my Gers supporting mates will all have tickets.

Seems not much time to organise.

Ticketing, staff, security, food & drink
Well they should have known from the start of the knockout stages that there was potential for big numbers travelling, no matter who got there (given teams like us, Dortmund, Frankfurt, West Ham, Barca and more) and that the stadium size was pitiful for a Euro final. They should have that plan in place. If they don’t I worry how they’ll cope. In 2008, Manchester only had something like 68000 licenced capacity across bars, restaurants and hotels (I remember checking after the event). Sevilla will likely be less.

Giving up a European final ticket hours before the game sounds like either complete madness to me or it’s just a load of old tosh that you’re coming out with.

People are buzzing and then there’s you saying it as if people should be embarrassed.

The fact you aren’t interested in going is utterly bizarre to me however, each to their own eh B-D
I wasn’t either - I had a ticket and had to give it up at the last minute.

I remember speaking with one of my mates at around 3pm and he said they were heading back to their hotel to have a few pints in the bar because there were just too many people in the city center.
Shelling out hundreds of pounds to end up watching a match on the TV just seems like madness to me

Don't teams do it on a weekly basis in the Europa League depending on draws and results?

I partially agree, but planning that in 10 days seems simpler than reacting to over 50,000 mainly drunk, people heading for different locations who could end up in any part of a city at any time.
50000 folk in one place means those that don't get in have a chance of getting to see it in a bar.
Easier policed as well

I’m making sure I’m at the stadium about 8 hours before kick off. Won’t be drinking either as we’re flying at 2:45 AM after.

I really hate busy places, and not being able to move so I’m a bit uncomfortable with the prospect of so many people in such small spaces.

Uefa/Rangers/Frankfurt really need to sort out some designated zones for fans to congregate, I’m sure we’ll try to get our point across.
Your whole post suggests 'you shouldn't travel'

Don't teams do it on a weekly basis in the Europa League depending on draws and results?

I partially agree, but planning that in 10 days seems simpler than reacting to over 50,000 mainly drunk, people heading for different locations who could end up in any part of a city at any time.

Not on this scale they don’t.

Fingers crossed between UEFA and Rangers something can be organised.

I agree, Manchester was a shambles, I know people want to be there, but the Spanish Police don’t mess about and my worry is we win this and then get papped out of Europe for the after match party.
We have got to get through to to the fans, our behaviour will be watched closely by the Rags here and anybody misbehaving will cost us dearly.
Papped out of Europe for stuff that happens in a square 5 miles away hahahahahaha

Aside from the stadium where the final is, there's 2 other stadiums in Seville with a combined capacity of 110k. There's no reason why there shouldn't be a dedicated fanzone for each team at the other stadiums. Get those fans in the stadiums, big screens etc.
This is a no brainer and simply has to happen.

They shouldn't underestimate the numbers that will be there especially where we are concerned.
This has to be done as a priority.

Would be the best outcome mate if there is an arrangement where fans get into a stadium each out of the other two. Hopefully from early afternoon each set of ticketless fans would start gravitating towards there and away from the city centre/match venue. Would limit potential for trouble and general nonsense surely.
Missed this post. That would make a ton of sense.

Sure, police might be stretched if they for example take the approach of using the 2 other stadiums too. But I'm sure the city of Seville can see the Euro signs on front of their eyes already.
Agreed lads. I have no details so not sure if the other two stadium idea has weight or whatever but Greg just said Rangers we’re going out to Seville on Monday and Tuesday to discuss. I’m sure their priority will be how they ensure our thousands travel safely and enjoy the game in Seville. They’ll know as well as any of us that there will be substantially more Rangers fans in Seville without tickets than there will be with tickets.

I know Frankfurt reportedly took 30k to Barcelona but how many of them didn't have a ticket? Are we assuming they will bring large numbers when they might just bring fans with tickets?

Hopefully common sense will win & there will be large fan zones created, within walking distance of the city centre.

It will only be for the day of the match. When we went to Manchester the city centre wasn't particularly busy the night before the match. A fair % of fans on match day will be day trippers from the Algarve or the Costas, who will be gone after the match or in the early hours.
Very difficult to get out of Seville

Still holds true.

Not really. Going to watch a football match in a stadium and kicking about Seville ticketless are two totally different prospects. I'd make the personal sacrifice to do the former, but the latter is not my idea of fun at all. Never been a big drinker and I hate being outside for too long when it's roasting. Actually the thought of being stuck outside for hours and hours in that heat with only roasting hot tins of beer to sup on, gives me the fear just thinking about it. Fair enough to anyone who enjoys that, I just couldn't.

How do you mean?
Public transport is non existent post match. Taxi drivers are not interested they make enough pre match. Look at trains going to Seville most are already sold out. Tiny City not equipped for this at all. I have flights, trains and hotel all booked but given what I factually know re Seville I believe it could get very messy. Especially when you chuck the Spanish Polis into the mix.

Giving up a European final ticket hours before the game sounds like either complete madness to me or it’s just a load of old tosh that you’re coming out with.

People are buzzing and then there’s you saying it as if people should be embarrassed.

The fact you aren’t interested in going is utterly bizarre to me however, each to their own eh B-D
My wife was due to give birth a few days later and it looked like the birth might be that day.. simple choice really.

Public transport is non existent post match. Taxi drivers are not interested they make enough pre match. Look at trains going to Seville most are already sold out. Tiny City not equipped for this at all. I have flights, trains and hotel all booked but given what I factually know re Seville I believe it could get very messy. Especially when you chuck the Spanish Polis into the mix.
Certainly agree with the getting out of Seville part,I’ve ended up booking a hotel in Cordoba an hour and a bit north east.Likely to watch the game there after a day in Seville otherwise there’s no chance of getting out of there until the next day.

I think it's time to grow up and get the jab.
I think you need to do research and not listen to the crap they they are telling you. I’ve lost 3 close people from this who had NO problems before getting the jab, not old, fat, or with other health issues. Oh I’m in my sixties, a bit late to grow up.

Realistically there could be 50,000 Rangers and 50,000 Frankfurt without tickets in the city.

I really hope they are doing something as this should not come as a surprise
How do you cope with these numbers?What happened when Celtic took about 1 million to Seville :)

Went to our Champions League game in Seville in 2009. From memory there were very few options for boozers and most people had a carry out in the main square/steps.

Think most Bears took a piss in a restaurant charging €1 a time. It’s absolutely not equipped for a day of 100k Bears boozing.
Was there in 2009 too, nice city but nowhere near the amount of bars and facilities to cater for the amount travelling, the stadium was a shitehole too.

This won’t be popular,

But If you’ve not got a ticket save yourself a fortune and watch it in Glasgow at Ibrox or an organised function. I say that from experience in going to Manchester. The morning there was great but the city didn’t cope and I doubt Seville will either.
I'm starting to think the same way. No ticket and I'm here.....I think:)

I will be in Benidorm mate, been looking at flights,trains,buses,camper vans for fukn days its doing my head in,i was in Seville in 2009.it was brutal then,if i get a ticket in the ballot i will go,if not,i will watch the game in Benidorm.
Ditto mate.

I’m making sure I’m at the stadium about 8 hours before kick off. Won’t be drinking either as we’re flying at 2:45 AM after.

I really hate busy places, and not being able to move so I’m a bit uncomfortable with the prospect of so many people in such small spaces.

Uefa/Rangers/Frankfurt really need to sort out some designated zones for fans to congregate, I’m sure we’ll try to get our point across.
I’d say if you hate busy places then Seville won’t be the place for you

Word of warning to all the Bears travelling from Scotland to Seville and around.

With all those empty homes and all the empty headed bams left in Glasgow to kick cans of Dragon Soop around the bins that day, make sure you lock the all doors and windows before you leave.

How were they able to manage it in the Olden days of 2003 when 80,000 Brendans went.

Unless that wasn’t strictly true?
Official number was 60k. They inflated that. So if you consider we will have that alone without tickets in all reality plus Frankfurt then you see the potential issues.

Sounds a no brainer but I’m not convinced it’s that easy. Are Betis going to just offer up their stadium? Who’s covering the inevitable costs? Policing 3 stadiums at the same time.

Won’t work I wouldn’t think.

Almost definitely would need to be ticketed events if in the stadiums.

Very hard to arrange now.

Plaza de Espana

Carry out and get doon there, looks massive and tremendous looking

Edit: and its close to the stadium

Plaza_de_Espa%C3%B1a_%28Sevilla%29_-_01.jpg
I’ve got a mate who is in Seville right now. He was out getting the rolls and papers this morning and said the Germans already have their towels out on the Plaza.

Back