Is Seville gonna be big enough?

I have no interest in traveling to Seville without a ticket in the hope I can see one of the biggest matches Rangers have played in my lifetime on a screen level in a park or a TV in a pub.

I genuinely don’t understand this fascination with being in the same city as the match and convincing yourself that you “were there”.
You sure football the sport for you?

Confirmed on another thread that representatives from rangers are travelling out to Seville on Monday to speak with the authorities regarding arrangements.

Hopefully should have some more clarity then
A sensible move. However, the Rangers board need to realise thousands upon thousands will be going regardless, so they need to be charming but firm and make public any fears they have to UEFA as robustly as possible.

Its not. The city is lovely, but full of very narrow traditional Spanish streets. It’s a similar size to Edinburgh - probably smaller and it’s population will likely grow by a 7th for a couple of days.
You have to wonder how a stadium of 40k has won a Europa cup final? I know there was a change of venue but it’s not like Europe isn’t blessed with huge cities and stadiums. Something stinks but such is Uefa.
Corruption is the lifeblood of UEFA (FIFA too). What's best for the fans is NEVER a consideration in deciding these things.

Doubtless there will have been numerous thick brown envelopes passed around when it was decided to allocate the final to such a small stadium.

Common sense would dictate that they’d allocate at least 4 fanzones (2 per team) in and around the city.

The obvious solution would be to open the 60k seater Real Betis stadium and the 57k stadium that hosted the 2003 final, allocate a stadium to each club and have a big screens on the pitch showing the game.
The obvious solution to us fans is to actually play the game in the Beth’s stadium! UEFA don’t give a €$£¥ though

I have no interest in traveling to Seville without a ticket in the hope I can see one of the biggest matches Rangers have played in my lifetime on a screen level in a park or a TV in a pub.

I genuinely don’t understand this fascination with being in the same city as the match and convincing yourself that you “were there”.
Meh. You just don’t get it.

They need to find a way of keeping as many fans as possible away from the centre.

That's where Manchester went wrong.

Fan zones on the outskirts in wide open spaces is required.

I won't be travelling without a ticket in all honesty.

Lessons learned from Manchester. I don't want to miss this game like I did the last one.

Same here. If I magic up a ticket, I’ll travel to Seville. If not I’ll stay home and find somewhere to watch it amongst family and friends. I don’t want to risk missing the game and I reckon there is a high risk of that given the potential number of ticketless fans from both clubs in Seville.

I'm travelling without a ticket. I loved Manchester up until the game, which I didn't see.
If it all goes wrong and there's no screen, at least I'll see the game somehow, even if it's on my phone.
I just want to savour the atmosphere for the day.

After what I experienced in Manchester I fear the worst
A quick look on KDS forums and they are salivating at the prospect of Frankfurt and our fans clashing to the point in their diseased minds some are saying they hope we win it but then get it taken off us and kicked out of Europe for a season due to the ensuing trouble from Frankfurt fans attacking us and we retaliate.

We need to make absolutely sure we do everything we can to avoid this. German forum saying Frankfurt are looking to bring 200,000 by train and car !

I would hope that a professional organisation such as Uefa would have thought about risks and contingencies well in advance.
It’s been known for several weeks that there was a high risk of two clubs getting to the final with massive travelling fan bases.

If they haven’t, then it absolutely will be a shit show.

No. The more I speak to people the more I worry.
I reckon we’ll take easy 100 grand - easy - and Eintracht took 30 grand to Barcelona so can imagine them taking double / treble that.
If so…..my word.
I be lucky to be taking a £100 never mind 100 grand!

They didn't mate.

Under 50 thpudand is what they took, its just that they exaggerated so much that 'Seville Calculator' has become a thing.
I can't be @rsed finding the post you replied to. However the world today is a different place from 2003. There might not be enough planes to go round, in fact I'll be amazed if there is.

Then there's the jab situation.

It's only in the cold light of day you realise the potential clusterfuck this could end up as.

That's why Rangers as a club have to shout from the rooftops about the lack of provisions and facilities (not the city of Seville's fault) and keep shouting to anyone who will listen.

Of course if we had a press worthy of the name, they'd be pointing out these things too. But these ratbags will be praying for carnage instead.

Of course we need to Police ourselves but that is always going to be a tall order.

PS, I thought the official number of mhanks in Seville was given as 56k.

I’d love to be in the room when the translator relays the message from Rangers to the Seville authorities over the size of our expected travelling support. B-)

The issues in Manchester could easily have been avoided had the authorities allowed Old Trafford to be opened and screens put up. Seville similarly has the Olympic Stadium and Real Betis stadium available. If they don’t have the foresight to utilise them then on their own head be it.

Will they have the infrastructure to cope with this invasion?

Population of just under 700k. I’m guessing we’ll be adding over 10% to that tally for a few days.

Germans be looking to travel in numbers also.

I hope the place isn’t overwhelmed :eek: transport, places to watch the game etc. they’d do well to have fan zones similar to what we had in Glasgow Green for the Euros.

Might just be flapping but demand seems phenomenal.
Nope , we are invading

I said to myself I'll just have the night off. (i'm nightshift) gaffer asked me what my plans were and told him the same. Fucking regret it now.. The closer we get, the more I read on here. %^*& I need to be there. Genuinely thinking of flying to Lanzarote to pick up my da then hopping over to Seville. Will prob be cheaper.:cool:

Almost definitely not. It’s a beautiful, but fairly compact, city.

I love the people there and the architecture, and pray we don’t see scenes similar to 2008.

5 of us going, only 2 have tickets. If the price is right, I’ll pay the money for a ticket.

Pre booked taxis to and from Seville. Just need the city and UEFA to get their finger out and get some proper fan zones set up.

Absolutely no point in thinking about the negatives. We are in a European final. I’ve seen it asked a number of times but no real answers. Celtic played Porto in Seville, a huge amount of travelling supporters in the city. How did Seville manage that all those years ago?

I can honestly see a combined Rangers & Frankfurt number of fans there hitting the 175k mark easily.

These numbers hitting a city of 700k is gonna be insane. Booze will go dry, everything will be at capacity and people will need to be vigilant against both Frankfurt fans and Spanish police.

I can't be @rsed finding the post you replied to. However the world today is a different place from 2003. There might not be enough planes to go round, in fact I'll be amazed if there is.

Then there's the jab situation.

It's only in the cold light of day you realise the potential clusterfuck this could end up as.

That's why Rangers as a club have to shout from the rooftops about the lack of provisions and facilities (not the city of Seville's fault) and keep shouting to anyone who will listen.

Of course if we had a press worthy of the name, they'd be pointing out these things too. But these ratbags will be praying for carnage instead.

Of course we need to Police ourselves but that is always going to be a tall order.

PS, I thought the official number of mhanks in Seville was given as 56k.
40k was the number quoted by most media outlets in the day's directly after the game. - confirmed by Spanish authorities as far as I remember.
After around a week this figure had blown out to 80k - hence the birth of the Suvull calculator. Tell a lie often enough and so on!

40k was the number quoted by most media outlets in the day's directly after the game. - confirmed by Spanish authorities as far as I remember.
After around a week this figure had blown out to 80k - hence the birth of the Suvull calculator. Tell a lie often enough and so on!
It makes no odds and we're not arguing. I always remember the filth and their cheerleaders here quoting 80,000 and UEFA giving the official number as 56k.

Possibly the memory is playing tricks.

The same tiny grey matter will explode should we win a week on Wednesday.

I'll not be able to go due to not being able to afford it ,but it worries me that the authorities in Seville will not cope and it will leave some Bears frustrated. But in saying that they seemed to cope with the tims.

Will they have the infrastructure to cope with this invasion?

Population of just under 700k. I’m guessing we’ll be adding over 10% to that tally for a few days.

Germans be looking to travel in numbers also.

I hope the place isn’t overwhelmed :eek: transport, places to watch the game etc. they’d do well to have fan zones similar to what we had in Glasgow Green for the Euros.

Might just be flapping but demand seems phenomenal.
Seems likely it'll be shambolic. Especially for those of us without tickets.

Its not. The city is lovely, but full of very narrow traditional Spanish streets. It’s a similar size to Edinburgh - probably smaller and it’s population will likely grow by a 7th for a couple of days.
You have to wonder how a stadium of 40k has won a Europa cup final? I know there was a change of venue but it’s not like Europe isn’t blessed with huge cities and stadiums. Something stinks but such is Uefa.

Nobody would have predicted to two finalists being Rangers and Frankfurt back when the venue was decide.

Seville and that stadium could cope with any support in Europe outwith probably those two teams. The irony!

Very difficult to get out of Seville

Yes it will be. I've just posted on another thread about the importance of knowing how you're getting out & not relying on public transport. I'm assuming if supporters buses are running from the Algarve & Costas on match day then they will be making the return journey afterwards too.

It makes no odds and we're not arguing. I always remember the filth and their cheerleaders here quoting 80,000 and UEFA giving the official number as 56k.

Possibly the memory is playing tricks.

The same tiny grey matter will explode should we win a week on Wednesday.
You just know we'll be quoted as taking 75k!

A sensible move.
happens before every away european game

sometimes the authorities do not believe what rangers tell them in the meeting, thats when it all falls apart

osasuna being a classic example

sometimes the authorities are not entirely straight with rangers, if anyone remembers the dodgy bridge at stuttgart that was never discussed

Did the mentally challengeds play in another stadium?

I remember it looking big at the time.
Yes and people are pointing out that the two other empty stadiums would presumably make perfect fanzones. Betis have their own stadium, Seville have their own and then the one Celtic played in is a multipurpose one that neither clubs use. We're playing at Sevillle's.

Yes and people are pointing out that the two other empty stadiums would presumably make perfect fanzones. Betis have their own stadium, Seville have their own and then the one Celtic played in is a multipurpose one that neither clubs use. We're playing at Sevillle's.

Frankfurt in one, us in another.

Perfect.

Back