Flight & Entry Requirements for Spain/Portugal - Masks, Passports, Vaccines, Covid status

I arrived in malaga airport a couple of days ago. I am double vaxxed plus a booster within last 6 months. After passport control there is another area we were directed to where medical staff checked by scanning my downloaded NHI coviid app. Got a big thumbs up from what I amagined to be a real cracker under the mask. All done very quickly. No-one checked my covid ststus for the outbound flight from UK

I arrived in malaga airport a couple of days ago. I am double vaxxed plus a booster within last 6 months. After passport control there is another area we were directed to where medical staff checked by scanning my downloaded NHI coviid app. Got a big thumbs up from what I amagined to be a real cracker under the mask. All done very quickly. No-one checked my covid ststus for the outbound flight from UK
I got the same at malaga a fortnight ago with the locator app which had my jab details on it. They definitely checked every passenger.

What will I need if im travelling from Scotland in a camper van do you get checked at each border or

Do they cross reference against your passport?

Ordered a lateral flow for flying into Portugal just to be safe. Not had and not getting the booster and flying home via Spain but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, just care about getting there!

Brother is booked up to come home via Agadir in Morocco on Friday 20th.

Looks like he needs a negative PCR within 48hours arriving. I assume this still applies even if he’s not leaving the airport?

What are his options for getting something whilst he is in Spain? Torromolinos.

Thanks

Ordered a lateral flow for flying into Portugal just to be safe. Not had and not getting the booster and flying home via Spain but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, just care about getting there!
Is that the requirement for Portugal mate ?

Flying into Faro

Anyone know if there will be any border checks at Portugal / Spain?

Also, anyone able to recommend a Glasgow based Covid testing place? Will need one to get into Portugal

Flying into Faro

Anyone know if there will be any border checks at Portugal / Spain?

Also, anyone able to recommend a Glasgow based Covid testing place? Will need one to get into Portugal
No land border in the Schengen area.

Vivo clinic is good. Fit to fly tests can be posted to your house. Upload the result to their Web page and they issue your certificate within minutes

No land border in the Schengen area.

Vivo clinic is good. Fit to fly tests can be posted to your house. Upload the result to their Web page and they issue your certificate within minutes

Need to be careful with this, self administered tests at home aren't allowed for entry for Portugal. When they issue the fit to fly certificate it states whether it was Self-administered or carried out by a health professional.

Need to be careful with this, self administered tests at home aren't allowed for entry for Portugal. When they issue the fit to fly certificate it states whether it was Self-administered or carried out by a health professional.
It's fine. I used it for Braga

The cert doesn't say if it's self administered or done by Matron herself

Yeah lateral flow within 24 hours or PCR within 48. Has to be the registered ones such as Randox. I bought one on their site for £12.
I was told I had to go to a proper chemist or similar to do the lateral flow. Phoned my local chemist and was told £50 each so £100 for me and my son. Where can I buy and register for £12 and will that definitely be accepted?

I was told I had to go to a proper chemist or similar to do the lateral flow. Phoned my local chemist and was told £50 each so £100 for me and my son. Where can I buy and register for £12 and will that definitely be accepted?

This is what I ordered.

I hope so haha.

Can't see any reason why not mate. Googled around and nothing indicates that they wouldn't be.
It says on the government website that self administered tests will not be accepted and they have to be done by a health care worker. Not worth the potential hassle to save a few quid.

My last (2nd) vaccine jab was in July.

I'm travelling straight into Spain, but I'll just flash the vaccine certificate with the two QR codes that's downloaded on my phone and be on my merry way.

It says on the government website that self administered tests will not be accepted and they have to be done by a health care worker. Not worth the potential hassle to save a few quid.

Right enough. Aw well, I'll just bring my vax passport which is ever so slightly after 270 days aswell as that and hope for the best. When I flew to Braga they asked for nothing so not too worried.

Right enough. Aw well, I'll just bring my vax passport which is ever so slightly after 270 days aswell as that and hope for the best. When I flew to Braga they asked for nothing so not too worried.
I've no got the baws to do that mate haha. Gonna have the wee man with me too so don't want any last minute worries.

My last (2nd) vaccine jab was in July.

I'm travelling straight into Spain, but I'll just flash the vaccine certificate with the two QR codes that's downloaded on my phone and be on my merry way.

It’ll be out of date though won’t it? I’m in the same boat and now having to get a booster tomorrow

I'm actually currently contemplating switching my flights from Madrid to Faro.

If I done this, is it just a PCR we would need 72 hours prior to departure?

If so, what then happens if I hired a car and drove across the border regarding check points etc. Is there covid checks on the roads at the border?

The rules are on here. There’s also a phone number if you’re unsure. My grandson is unvaccinated and has been told that a lateral flow test is sufficient. Don’t take my word for it. Check it out for yourself.

The rules are on here. There’s also a phone number if you’re unsure. My grandson is unvaccinated and has been told that a lateral flow test is sufficient. Don’t take my word for it. Check it out for yourself.

This is the confusing part for me also mate.

I called them, spoke to them. Explained I'm coming from the UK and that I'm unvacinated and was told a negative PCR test was all that I needed. So all good. Booked my flights etc.

Then turns out that isn't enough and they ain't taking in unvaccinated

This is the confusing part for me also mate.

I called them, spoke to them. Explained I'm coming from the UK and that I'm unvacinated and was told a negative PCR test was all that I needed. So all good. Booked my flights etc.

Then turns out that isn't enough and they ain't taking in unvaccinated
Told us that a negative test was acceptable. I don’t know where the contradictory information is coming from.

Told us that a negative test was acceptable. I don’t know where the contradictory information is coming from.

Their website. From third countries its either covid passport or a covid recovery certificate if you've had it in last 180 days.

But on my first read through of their many rules I got confused, called them, was told about the pcr. Booked. Then read different on here.

What a time to be alive.

What age is your grandson?

Back