Flight & Entry Requirements for Spain/Portugal - Masks, Passports, Vaccines, Covid status

Checked it this morning. Proof of vaccination with last dose more than 2 weeks ago and less than 9 months ago OR proof of recovery from Covid recently. Failing that there is a health form you can fill bit don't know if that guarantees entry

Vaccine Passport or Proof of Covid Recovery in the last 6 months

Doesn't of course apply, to those driving into Spain from elsewhere

Dose 2 must have been within 270 days - Which if taking the day of the game is 21/8/21

If you got dose 2 before that you need to be boosted (or recovered from covid)

Boosters for Spain 1000000% apply literally as soon as they're in your arm and you have the paperwork to show

From the Gov website-

..there is no requirement for 14 days to have passed between receiving your booster jab and entering Spain. Booster jabs can be administered at any time prior to travel to Spain. There is currently no expiry date for booster jabs....

Basically if you've only been doubled jabbed your second jab must have been administered late August or later otherwise you need a booster. Or proof of recovery. Taking a pcr test before you go won't cover you. Unless spain change the rules in the next week.

Just to clarify – the requirement to have your vaccination at least 14 days before travel doesn't apply to the booster. If you've got both doses and just need booster, you can get that at any point before leaving.

If you've recently got the first how many days does that cover before you would need to get the second?

Only got the first at start of January.

If you've recently got the first how many days does that cover before you would need to get the second?

Only got the first at start of January.

As far as I know, if it's a two-dose vaccine you'd need to have had the second dose at least 14 days before travel unfortunately.

Double check though, the guidelines are pretty confusing and I could be wrong.

As far as I know, if it's a two-dose vaccine you'd need to have had the second dose at least 14 days before travel unfortunately.

Double check though, the guidelines are pretty confusing and I could be wrong.

If i have only had the one recently does that not count as fully vaccinated as i can’t get the second til a certain period of time after the first?

I had covid in late December, so still got immunity within 180 days, so all good. Ticket, flights, and accomdatio all sorted! Bring it on!!

I’m travelling from Ireland (Dublin) & from my information you don’t need to be jabbed but you need to have official negative test within 24 hours of travel & a form filled in which you do online.

EU country to EU country with Irish Passport the above rules/ regulations apply.

If i have only had the one recently does that not count as fully vaccinated as i can’t get the second til a certain period of time after the first?

Is this your first vaccination? If so, I don't think you're covered with only one of two doses but again I'm no expert so make sure. Alternatively, if you've had Covid in last 6 months you can use proof of recovery.

Is this your first vaccination? If so, I don't think you're covered with only one of two doses but again I'm no expert so make sure. Alternatively, if you've had Covid in last 6 months you can use proof of recovery.

Yes first one. Was going on Tuesday to get second. Flying to seville week after.

Yes first one. Was going on Tuesday to get second. Flying to seville week after.

As far as I know you need to have had your second dose at least 14 days before travelling for Spain.

Other options are proof of Covid recovery or fly to Faro/Portugal as their rules are different

Take this info at your own risk but from what I’ve learned vaccination checks are extremely lenient if not non existent. Usually a visual check if there is one, no scans. I’m going through from Faro anyway.

Checks by airport/border staff can be very lax or non-existent.

However that’s because the onus is on the airlines to ensure you can legally enter your destination.

Most airlines have systems in place where you have to upload your proof of vaccination and/or -ve test before you can check in online. Failing that you have to check in at the airport desks and they check there.

I’d strongly advise folk not to just wing it, cross their fingers, borrow a friends or go down the fake route. You risk being turned away at your departure airport.

Has anyone been to spain recently, and if so what were the checks like? If its a case of just showing fleetingly a pass as you walk through then even those who aren't boosted will probably be fine. If however they are strict then id imagine you'll need boosted.

Edit: just seen above post.

Vaccine Passport or Proof of Covid Recovery in the last 6 months

Doesn't of course apply, to those driving into Spain from elsewhere

Dose 2 must have been within 270 days - Which if taking the day of the game is 21/8/21

If you got dose 2 before that you need to be boosted (or recovered from covid)

Boosters for Spain 1000000% apply literally as soon as they're in your arm and you have the paperwork to show
Whats the rule flying from Chile via punta cana?

Ive had 4 vaccinces

You may not be allowed on your flight. Travel needs to at least 14 days after your 2nd dose. Negative tests are not accepted for tourism travel into Spain, even PCRs. I’d expect your airline to refuse boarding.

My 2nd dose will be 278 days when I land in Spain. Fucking ball ache now having to find a drop in centre to get the booster

we better win this bloody cup

Anyone know the rules for crossing the land border between Portugal and Spain?
I don't have the Digital cert and I'm not fully vaccinated by Spains rules.
I was thinking of going faro or Lisbon and getting a train or bus across

You may not be allowed on your flight. Travel needs to at least 14 days after your 2nd dose. Negative tests are not accepted for tourism travel into Spain, even PCRs. I’d expect your airline to refuse boarding.
Not long back from Benidorm and the staff at Alicante hardly checked anybody so I would imagine the checks will be extremely sparse if any at all with the volume of travellers expected

I've got 3 jabs and I can download my certificate at any time. Will that be enough?

The Scottish Covid app wasn't accepting my selfie there for some reason to try and get that. Is it necessary or will a download/paper copy showing I've got 2 jabs suffice?

I've got 3 jabs and I can download my certificate at any time. Will that be enough?

The Scottish Covid app wasn't accepting my selfie there for some reason to try and get that. Is it necessary or will a download/paper copy showing I've got 2 jabs suffice?
Is it the face recognition silhouette type thing you can't get?

I did it today and finally got it to work when my face filled the whole outline, ie the phone wasn't close enough to my coupon at first.

Is it the face recognition silhouette type thing you can't get?

I did it today and finally got it to work when my face filled the whole outline, ie the phone wasn't close enough to my coupon at first.
I got it after about 30 attempts. I left a review saying it's a total piece of shit, and everything the SNP or Scottish government touches turns to that so hopefully that bit of feedback gets through.

As said on another thread, I've been told that land borders via rail, road or boat are completely exempt from the vaccine rules

So you can drive or get the train from UK to Seville without needing the vaxes or proof of vaxes.

Im sure Spains rules are being reviewed again on the 15th. There is a very strong chance the entry requirements will be lifted.

Prepare accordingly of course, but thats something to bare in mind

I fly from the uk to Lisbon via Amsterdam..but the Dutch don't allow any unvaxxed to enter the country. As I'm only there for 40 mins before boarding plane to Lisbon will this be a problem?

Spain are due to review the strictness of their rules on 15/05 by the way.

If you’ve had a positive lateral flow in the past 6 months, try zoomdoc.com as they can get you a covid recovery cert for £60

Take this info at your own risk but from what I’ve learned vaccination checks are extremely lenient if not non existent. Usually a visual check if there is one, no scans. I’m going through from Faro anyway.
Workmate of mine was in seville last week and he said the checks were pretty much 50/50. There is a chance you will be checked

Back