Rangers are in talks with the council for an open top bus parade

Police Chief Superintendent Mark Sutherland is a Nationalist crawling, Rangers hating plonker.

If he anything to do with it, his priority will be arresting fans for singing songs he doesn't like.
Any evidence of this or just the usual hyperbole?

This is the guy who was thrown to the wolves by the SNP for allowing George Square to go ahead when we won the league and suffered a lot of criticism for allowing the fans to march there?

"Hello it's Rangers here. We know your mumbling into your beads praying it doesn't happen but what's the chance of a get it right up ye open top bus parade. If necessary we'll replant the flower beds with orange lilies just in time for the big walk".

Let’s play the game first. All this over confidence is giving me the fear.

Frankfurt are heavy favourites at the bookies for a reason. They haven’t lost a single game in European football for a year.
Agreed,what will we look like should we lose. Just keep it in check.

I can’t wait until attention turns to the huge clean up bill.

That will be when we have officially broke them

An open top bus tour with potentially 2 trophies on show.

I can see complete an utter meltdown from the rest of Scottish society if that were to happen but if we win the Europa, timmy will have to face facts and realise we are the first Scottish club to win multiple European trophies and an open top bus parade is the least we deserve.

I say give the players the freedom of the city as well.
I am afraid to say that although not two tournaments the sheep won the ECWC and Super Cup.

I can see GCC having great pleasure in refusing permission citing their fear of disruption and trouble after last year. The vast majority of their councillors want us beaten so don't expect any favours or a civic reception if we do win. They'd roll out the red lumpy carpet for that other mob.
Any info leaked by GCC or police is to allow the clowns who hate us to get their usual pretend complaints of fear for safety etc in action before a ball is kicked.

I agree with your last line. Though they know if we do win it, the fans will just have their own gathering. Better to have an event to better manage it.

Frankfurt are heavy favourites at the bookies for a reason. They haven’t lost a single game in European football for a year.

Forward planning =/= over confidence.

I bet both clubs have ‘winners’ T-shirts and all sorts printed up as well, doesn’t mean they are assuming anything but equally you can’t magic that stuff out of thin air.

Forward planning =/= over confidence.

I bet both clubs have ‘winners’ T-shirts and all sorts printed up as well, doesn’t mean they are assuming anything but equally you can’t magic that stuff out of thin air.
We need a bus for the morra with Rangers Europa League Champions 2022 emblazoned all over it. Do you have one available?

An open top bus tour with potentially 2 trophies on show.

I can see complete an utter meltdown from the rest of Scottish society if that were to happen but if we win the Europa, timmy will have to face facts and realise we are the first Scottish club to win multiple European trophies and an open top bus parade is the least we deserve.

I say give the players the freedom of the city as well.

Aberdeen have won 2. The UEFA Cup and the Super Cup.

Your post is otherwise factually correct and magnificent.

I am so superstitious that I hate all this sort of talk.
I'm not superstitious but for the final I was wondering whether to stick to my normal routine for the last few European games of following the action on the radio and websites.

But there's no way I won't be watching this game on TV and seeing an historic game unfold as it happens. What possible effect would it have on the players for me to change my routine, and by the same token what effect could it have on the players that the club need to make preparations for all eventualities behind the scenes?

I understand people like to cling on to small routines and rituals to make themselves feel more positive but it over-complicates things. Just go out and win a football match Rangers and for the rest of us take every chance to enjoy this as much as we can.

They aren't heavy favourites by any means.

They're 5/4 to our 21/10.

Additionally, fan opinion has absolutely zero bearing on how the team will prepare for and approach the game.

They've definitely leaked this deliberately - Frankfurt will be loving this.

Only in this Rangers-hating country would the media not be capable of putting their bias aside for such an incredible occasion for Scottish football.

The sad reality of our country is that my first thought is "Guarantee that lot kick off to make sure it doesn't happen or that it's cut short"

Its a possible plan being put in place by council etc just incase we do go onto win it doesn't mean people think we have won it already

What’s the odds mate just out of interest?…. I don’t see them as heavy favourites tbh slight favourites for me.

Edit: odds Frankfurt are 5/4
Draw 12/5
Rangers 21/10

Rangers have held talks with Glasgow City Council over the possibility of an open-top bus parade should the club win the Europa League.

A council spokesperson said there will be an “understandable desire” for Rangers to show off the trophy with fans.

The Ibrox club booked their place in the Europa League final at the Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán Stadium on May 18 after a thrilling 3-1 win against RB Leipzig.

Following the victory, it has been revealed that Rangers have held talks with council leaders and local authorities over the possibility of an open top bus parade in Glasgow – should the club win the competition.

The council confirmed that it has been in touch with “relevant partners” over plans for a celebration in the city.

A spokesperson said: “If Rangers are successful in next week’s Europa League final there will be an understandable desire for the club to show off the trophy to their fans.

“We are currently in touch with all relevant partners on how such an event might be facilitated.”

Police chief superintendent Mark Sutherland, divisional commander for Greater Glasgow Division, said: “The Europa League final in Seville will be a historic occasion and getting there is a great achievement for Rangers Football Club and Scottish football.

“A proportionate policing plan will be in place, and we will be working with a range of partners, including Rangers Football Club and Glasgow City Council, to ensure we do all we can to maintain public safety and reduce disruption to the wider community.

“From the outset we hope that fans enjoy their day but ask that they take personal responsibility to behave appropriately and respect Glasgow, its open spaces and its communities.”
Think the priority would be ratifying a venue , preferably Ibrox , where those not travelling to Spain can go to watch the game.
Let’s get that sorted, then take things as they come accordingly following the match.

No reason this can't happen. It doesn't even have to be a long route. Ibrox to SECC over the Squinty and the players can get off the bus safely into any of the hotels there and there's plenty of space for fans in the area.

Me too.

My aunt just called from the Rangers store. She’s buying everyone strips to watch the game in. She’s so confident it put the absolute fear in me

Back