Seville Travel Thread * ALL POSTS HERE / NO TRADING *

Status
Not open for further replies.
How legit is that website? I seen some cheap flights returning from Granada Airport so I stuck in Seville to Granada (roughly a 3 hour drive) and they're giving quotes for £12-20...that canny be right.
It’s 100% legit mate. Just normal folk who are already driving the journey and trying to get some money back for the fuel.

How legit is that website? I seen some cheap flights returning from Granada Airport so I stuck in Seville to Granada (roughly a 3 hour drive) and they're giving quotes for £12-20...that canny be right.
Very legit and very common, used it loads of times in Spain myself when I lived there (lived in Granada ironically, and used to use it when arriving at Malaga airport at times when the bus wasn't around). Most people in Spain use it regularly instead of public transport because it can be cheaper and the driver will normally drop you off exactly where you're going within reason.

It's just normal people who are making those journeys anyway and rent out space in their car to pay for petrol etc. Crowdfunded trips basically. Say I was driving from Glasgow to London, I could put the trip on there and take 3 people in the car and it would pay for the trip.

Obviously all depends on the driver, but if it's someone with 4.5+ feedback you'll be great. Definitely recommended.

Very legit and very common, used it loads of times in Spain myself when I lived there (lived in Granada ironically, and used to use it when arriving at Malaga airport at times when the bus wasn't around). Most people in Spain use it regularly instead of public transport because it can be cheaper and the driver will normally drop you off exactly where you're going within reason.

It's just normal people who are making those journeys anyway and rent out space in their car to pay for petrol etc. Crowdfunded trips basically. Say I was driving from Glasgow to London, I could put the trip on there and take 3 people in the car and it would pay for the trip.

Obviously all depends on the driver, but if it's someone with 4.5+ feedback you'll be great. Definitely recommended.
Until big Miguel the driver pulls into a lay-by, overpowers you and rogers you senseless up the Harry Arter before launching you into a ditch

Try Turo.com

Used them in the States.

Is anyone looking for accommodation in Malaga for the Tuesday and Wednesday?

We’ve had to book elsewhere because of the booking.com bus stuff.

Only booked up yesterday and travelling solo.

Wednesday 18th May
Stansted - Murcia @ 06:30 arriving 10:30

Thursday 19th May
Murcia - Luton @ 12:15 arriving 14:00

£46 all in.

I'm either looking to jump a lift from Murcia airport and back from anyone on these flights or more than happy to hire a car myself and do the driving. Will be leaving from the Wolverhampton area early hours of Wednesday morning if anyone needs a lift to Stansted also.

I wonder how many planes are due to arrive in seville at the same time. Must be loads. Could make clearing customs fun.

Anyone on any of the same flights as us?

Tuesday
Edinburgh - Paris Beauvais
14:50 - 17:30
Wednesday
Paris Beauvais - Seville
10:05 - 12:30
Friday
Seville - Barcelona
06:40 - 08:10
Barcelona - Edinburgh
21:55 - 23:35

Do you have transport booked home to Cardoba or you watching game back in Cordoba, 3 of us staying there
I will be in Seville for game.
Couple of options. Stay Seville after game and if so I would get train from Cordoba to Seville amd back.
If not then I will drive to Seville and drive back after game to my Cordoba digs.
Wont know for definite until Tuesday but keeping options open.
If I do drive option I have space for 3 so no problem if needed.

We've reserved a 31 seater from Benalmadena to Seville, returning after the match.

Working out £100 a head, with 17 seats available at the moment.

Not going to confirm until we have it filled if anyone is interested.

Just booked the CTM day-trip flight only option.

Only got my ticket allocated by the club yesterday, so seems a good option for anyone in the same boat as me:

Good value £699pp flying out in the morning and back after the match- definitely a lot better than the £1500+ plus options I was finding elsewhere.

Think they are open for places for another hour or so, so get in quick if you are still looking to get over there!

The Entry Requirements page on gov.uk for Spain has been updated. It doesn't say what has changed, and I can't see anything major, but for those who want to check Covid requirements, here is the latest advice page.

The Entry Requirements page on gov.uk for Portugal has been updated.

The revision is with reference to 'Clarification about current passport validity'

The change is that passport control now has e-gates in operation for British (and some other) citizens...

===============================

Passport stamping​

E-gates are in operation at Lisbon, Faro, Porto and Funchal (Madeira) airports for use by British and some other non-EU passport holders. These e-gates are separate to the e-gates for EU/EEA/Swiss citizens. On arrival or departure, check you are eligible to use the e-gates and that you are in the right queue. When using an e-gate, your entry/exit is recorded on the computer system. A border officer may also stamp your passport after you have passed through the e-gate; this is for airport operational reasons.

If you use a manned booth, check that your passport is stamped by the border officer when you enter or exit as a visitor.

Border guards use passport stamps and e-gate records to check you’re complying with the 90-day visa-free limit for short stays in the Schengen area. If relevant entry or exit stamps are not in your passport or visible to a border officer on the computer system, a border officer will presume that you have overstayed your visa-free limit. You can show evidence of when and where you entered or exited the Schengen area, and ask the border officer to add this date and location in your passport. Examples of acceptable evidence include boarding passes and tickets.

===============================

Full page at https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/portugal/entry-requirements

Just booked the CTM day-trip flight only option.

Only got my ticket allocated by the club yesterday, so seems a good option for anyone in the same boat as me:

Good value £699pp flying out in the morning and back after the match- definitely a lot better than the £1500+ plus options I was finding elsewhere.

Think they are open for places for another hour or so, so get in quick if you are still looking to get over there!
Trying to get my old boy on this hes getting a ticket off someone through their work. Its a Uefa ticket so had to phone them see if they are ok with that said it was fine then asked if it was definitely going and she said they will know after 12. Just trying to see if many people have went for it with it being less than a week away.

It was £849 last week.... robbing bastards
I'm on that, booked it last Friday when I foolishly thought I would get a ticket.

Not happy with no transfers, especially after the game. Originally it was flying back via Malaga with a bus to there laid on, but now it's direct from Seville and they've scrapped the transport.

I would've loved a day trip but there was no availability whatsoever with anybody on monday when i was looking so i had to go klm and incur hotel costs too.

Trying to get my old boy on this hes getting a ticket off someone through their work. Its a Uefa ticket so had to phone them see if they are ok with that said it was fine then asked if it was definitely going and she said they will know after 12. Just trying to see if many people have went for it with it being less than a week away.
Fingers crossed mate! It's definitely the most 'streamlined'/ affordable option I can find at this stage, so hopefully they get the numbers to run it.

I think as you say you can phone them if you got your ticket through UEFA rather than the club to get on the flight.

'Call us: 0203 866 8270'

I'm on that, booked it last Friday when I foolishly thought I would get a ticket.

Not happy with no transfers, especially after the game. Originally it was flying back via Malaga with a bus to there laid on, but now it's direct from Seville and they've scrapped the transport.
Also. Still no confirmation. We’re on flight 1 apparently, but not had any boarding passes or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back