Airport Departures, Queues, Delays - ALL UPDATES HERE

You probably need to give a bit more detail...

Where you flying from
When are you flying
Will you need to check in and/or check a bag.

Typically 2 hours would be plenty of time, sometimes you would have over an hour of hanging about doing nothing. Just now early morning travellers are seeing long delays as airports tend to be busier with business travellers in the morning and the security staff is reduced... There is reports of people having to queue for hours.

I'm travelling on Thursday at 6, I plan to be at Glasgow Airport for 3.30.
Travelling to Dublin, I'm planning on being at airport at least 2 hrs before flight leaves, the wife says doesn't need to be that early nowadays, how long before departure are people arriving at airport bearing in mind how busy it will be?

The state a lot of the airports are in just now with queues ect i would get there as early as possible mate

Travelling to Dublin, I'm planning on being at airport at least 2 hrs before flight leaves, the wife says doesn't need to be that early nowadays, how long before departure are people arriving at airport bearing in mind how busy it will be?

Mental to not be there at least 2 hours early. If anything you need to be there earlier at some airports!

Download the dublin airport app, it gives security wait times at each terminal, I'm going down tomorrow morning and checked it at 6am this morning b4 work and it was 25 minutes, whereas atm it is 5 mins. Dublin is well organised, serious amount of early morning flights but the queue keeps moving, walking for ages!

Can’t download daily update. What am I going to listen too.
At Edinburgh airport flying to Paris tonight,Sevilla tomorrow morning

You probably need to give a bit more detail...

Where you flying from
When are you flying
Will you need to check in and/or check a bag.

Typically 2 hours would be plenty of time, sometimes you would have over an hour of hanging about doing nothing. Just now early morning travellers are seeing long delays as airports tend to be busier with business travellers in the morning and the security staff is reduced... There is reports of people having to queue for hours.

I'm travelling on Thursday at 6, I plan to be at Glasgow Airport for 3.30.

I'd be arriving at the airport three hours before any scheduled take off time. Why take the chance?
Get in and through security/ immigration as early as you can.

Out of Leeds tomorrow morning early via Dublin onto Faro and got two hours layover. At least no hold luggage to pick up and got fast track. Beginning to think that might be a bit tight timewise

Booked fast track for 19:30 to ease me through Edinburgh security.

Shame it closes 19:00 :shh:

Not overly busy, plenty bears about.

We’ve had zero communication. Emailed us telling us to fill in the Spanish locator form.

DH1963 thankfully then told me they sent an email with documents that say you need them printed and signed to retrieve your boarding pass.

We never got these emailed to us. This is a shamble.
Three of my cousins are booked with Barrhead. Not spoken to them for a few days but if it’s as shambolic as it sounds they will be tearing their hair out. They travel everywhere domestically but not regulars Euro travellers these days.

Anyone been in Leeds today? We are on the 17:25 tomorrow via Palma. Looking to arrive at Leeds about 2pm, think that’s cutting it fine?

Three of my cousins are booked with Barrhead. Not spoken to them for a few days but if it’s as shambolic as it sounds they will be tearing their hair out. They travel everywhere domestically but not regulars Euro travellers these days.
Incredibly stressful.

Need to try explain all this to my papa, who is very impatient and isn’t techy. Will be some laugh.

Last edited:
I once got to the airport 15mins before my flight left. Needless to say I wasn't on it when it did.

Usually 2hrs but not if you’ve checked in online, i don’t fly till 7.35 tomorrow morning from East Midlands but on the train from Edinburgh now, better being early!!

Your wife needs to be told.

Incredibly stressful.

Need to try explain all this to my papa, who is very impatient and isn’t techy. Will be some laugh.
Two of the cousins are late 60s. One far from techy, the other is OK but lives 40 miles away ha ha. Then there is a younger one who keeps them straight.

I saw on here someone post about no transfer with their Barrhead flight and mentioned it to him - but he says his flight includes transfers. Chaos beckons I fear.

Will give him a call tomorrow and see how he’s fixed.

Two of the cousins are late 60s. One far from techy, the other is OK but lives 40 miles away ha ha. Then there is a younger one who keeps them straight.

I saw on here someone post about no transfer with their Barrhead flight and mentioned it to him - but he says his flight includes transfers. Chaos beckons I fear.

Will give him a call tomorrow and see how he’s fixed.
He may be getting confused, initially there was meant to be transport to Malaga airport but we’re flying back from Seville now.

The ambiguity of the whole thing is a worry. I would have been staring glaiket at the chap behind the desk tomorrow when asked for a passenger form, if it wasn’t for DH/FF.

Missed connecting flight at CDG this morning. Waited 9 hours for the next flight and that was delayed 50 minutes. Currently sat on the plane fully expecting to be marched off..

Flight to Gatwick delayed. Connecting flight not until tomorrow but worried it is cancelled altogether now

Edinburgh security was very very busy today about 1 sh .we booked the £6 straight through
recommend it to people

I`m Manchester (11.40) to Heathrow tomorrow (12.50) then have to get to Gatwick for 16.35 to Faro.

On b@stard pins...Waiting to hear back from a motorbike taxi.

Folk saying I'll be fine...But?
There’s a National express bus that travels between the two airports I’m sure. I think you’ll be alright anyway which ever way you go. I’m on that flight too and was concerned about getting from Kings X to Gatwick.

I was due to travel on the 17:07 transpenine train from Glasgow to Manchester airport April 11th

Notice board only showed the train was going to Preston- I questioned the guards on platform who told me they didn’t have a driver after Preston and just go on and change at Preston- no problem getting on northern train at Preston as they accepted transpeninne tickets due to agreement on taking passengers when services are cancelled-

Back