Goldson

Goal doesn't fall on him alone but should have dealt with it.

Wright can stop it at source, Tavernier and Goldson's positions are both poor and Bassey is caught on his toes by a simple run.

His use of the ball was woeful tonight though. Just constantly shelling it out the pitch.

Question is where was Tavernier? Why was Wright defending in the right back position while Tavernier trotted along in the penalty area

He let it go past him as if there was no danger. It was a wicked low cross but not anything Goldson sticking his leg out wouldn’t have stopped.

Bassey also could have got across if he hadn’t hesitated. It was an incredible ball in.
It was a great ball but it came from sufficiently far out that Goldson had more than enough time to cut it out. Looked to me as if he left it to Bassey who was surprised when it got past Goldson.

He goes with my best wishes, gave us his all.

You could blame Ramsay, Kent or any player for any individual moment in that game going wrong.

The players have given their all toward the end of this season, i’d argue they’re nowhere near good enough for this level or to win a title and have over performed just by knowing how much it means to us.

We needed a performance from a few players who have given that in previous rounds- Goldson should have done better, and Kent should have scored later on. We've lost, and it hurts; badly. We had a real chance tonight, and that in a way makes the defeat even more difficult to deal with.

Goldson has been a rock getting us to the final, but this contract issue is a problem and he's prone to a brain fart like that.

I hope he enjoys West Brom, Wolves, Villa or some other mediocre tinpot Midlands club. He'll never hit the heights he has with Rangers.

Back