I’ve said many times on here I think Goldsons is the best CH in the country by a mile. Why did he not just stick the equaliser out for a corner?

He should have cleared it but seemed to pull out at the last minute. Was having words with Bassey afterwards so can only assume he got a shout.

He may have got a shout from Bassey to leave it.
That doesn’t matter, you don’t leave a cross ball to go past your front post when you are 6 yds out. I though he had a decent game and will go with my best wishes but he was at fault for the goal but we also didn’t lose the match because of that.

He'd have been lunging at it as his positioning was poor. Strong chance he'd have put it past McGregor. It was a fantastic cross. Goldson's positioning was suspect, but I can appreciate why he didnt lunge to try and block it.

He should have cleared it but seemed to pull out at the last minute. Was having words with Bassey afterwards so can only assume he got a shout.
That's no excuse. He's got that bomb scare moment waiting to happen in every big game.
You don't let a ball cross the goal in the 6 yard box, just make sure nothing bad happens and
clear it. He was terrible tonight overall.

He'd have been lunging at it as his positioning was poor. Strong chance he'd have put it past McGregor. It was a fantastic cross. Goldson's positioning was suspect, but I can appreciate why he didnt lunge to try and block it.
I thought that too but it looked like he was close enough that he didn't have to lunge at it.

It was awful.

Doesn't matter if someone else "shouts" -- in that situation, you clear the ball.
Mind, the way our luck was going, he'd have been just as liable to have put it into his own net.

Said it at the time. While Goldson did nothing at all the cross shouldn’t have happened. What Wright was doing I really have no idea. Free hit into a dangerous area. Poor goal to lose. Yet again defensive frailties cost us a match. All to common this season.
Wright was knackered and backing miles off the ball. I said it right before he backed off and
allowed that cross.

Kostic plays It at pace into a very difficult area, Goldson has a split second to react

Wright has to get something on that ball even if he brings the player down. We know he is their danger man

One step towards goal when their player was obviously attempting a left foot cross would have given him a better position to deal with the ball. He didn't make that step and then opted not to go for it on his left foot.

Imho it was something Eintracht had highlighted and it worked. They had our number tonight and we did very well to get it to penalties.

It was an incredible cross that most players in his position would have worried about putting it in their own net. Bassey hesitated which stopped him covering as well. The cross should have been stopped. That’s the area for improvement.

Looked an easy cross to cut out
Goldson didn't go for it... he has done this all season and cost us a few goals, he has been a great player for us but I won't miss him... he isn;t staying and nights like tonight... Gough/Roberts/Butcher/Weir/Cuellar... would have dived in and put that behind than pause

He had a decision to make in a nano second. Unfortunately he made the wrong one. Probably worried about turning our into his own net. No recriminations though, he's always given it his all for us.

One step towards goal when their player was obviously attempting a left foot cross would have given him a better position to deal with the ball. He didn't make that step and then opted not to go for it on his left foot.

Imho it was something Eintracht had highlighted and it worked. They had our number tonight and we did very well to get it to penalties.
Weird take. They stopped our strengths but we also stopped them playing a lot. Very even game.

It’s the redone we didn’t get a big offer and reason why he’ll be in a relegation scrap or warming a bench. Him and Tav have cost us in the big games before and done it again tonight. We had about 2-3 players that never sh4t it.

He will be thinking the same himself.
But decisions are easier to make whilst watching the replay on the TV.

Goldson has to clear it. No chance Bassey shouts if he’s trying to cover a man running in. McGregor must tell him to clear it too. An avoidable goal that cost us dear

Just before the cross comes in.

FTEvFoSWQAI4qpZ

Back