Did not enjoy that experience

Difference between this and Manchester is that we were winning here.

If Goldson was switched on for that cross we would have lifted the trophy.
Wright was the one to blame mate. He should stop the cross 100%. Yes Goldson was slow to react but he would’ve thought the cross wouldn’t come in.

The fans would have as well been sitting in Ibrox watching it. Bar 5/10 mins after the goal they barely made a noise. In contrast Frankfurt’s fans were making noise all game.
BS. If you weren’t there, I’ll excuse you because maybe the tv sound levels were ‘managed’. Our fans gave it everything for the vast majority of the time in stifling heat after wandering about the town for an average of 9 hours.

Do you actually have a clue what your talking about? Some on here have no idea about top level sport. Shat it? Ffs.
To be fair I can see where he's coming from. Our top players - Tavernier, Kent played within theirselves. We needed players with confidence in their own ability to step up and make something happen. Kent was non existent and didn't even come looking for it and Tavernier was back to his over hitting crosses and was miss hitting passes.

Moronic. It seems this is the go-to analysis whenever we don’t win. Brain dead.
The amount of times Bassey had to bail out "Hollywood ball to the linesman" Goldson was absolutely unreal. Another big game where Goldson was a complete and utter liability. He'll get Fulham/Bournemouth relegated for fun next season.

Kent was anonymous but they doubled and tripled up on him. Fair enough. Should have buried the chance at the end and that was when I knew it was over.

Kamara and Lundstram were fine. Did their jobs for the most part. Yeah, they couldn't control the midfield but that was a good defensive triangle that they put out and we always had to be wary of the counter.

Tav was absolutely chronic bar one or two moments, Barisic was similar. Watching Wright have to cover a man at the throw in that lead to their goal because Tav was doing %^*& knows what for the umpteenth time in the game was difficult. Wright was one of the good players throughout tonight along with Bassey and Aribo and to be caught out because he had to do his job and Tav's job was frustrating.

It was like watching England/Italy.

One team turned up for 10-20 minutes and were completely dominated for the rest of it.

One team clearly superior for 90% of the game, the other team nicks a goal, can't keep hold of it and lose due to a substitute with a terrible penalty.

Best team won, we were lucky it even got to extra time.

Absolutely shocking on the night, deer in headlights stuff for the first half and keystone cops defending from Goldson for the equalizer.

You are genuinely clueless. We were a goalies leg away from winning it.

Horrible feeling throughout, nerves were shot to pieces, could not watch the penalties either

The players seemed to be spooked by the occasion at times as well, the fans did not push the boys on the way i expected them to despite being in the majority, that will probably be the last European final i see my team in and i feel it was huge wasted opportunity.

Tav and Goldson over hitting balls all night, Kent never got going, Aribo very lacklustre, Lundstrum quiet, Jack just doing enough but not getting involved, Bassey had a great game but too many of our guys were not on their game tonight. To put Sakala on then take him off after 20 minutes was mind boggling.

It was there for the taking but it was just a massive let down tonight, i hope we can lift it for the SCF but i have my fears, this will be the end for a lot of these guys tonight.
Hit nail bosh

It's called an opinion. I believe we were spooked tonight by the occasion, especially the captain.
It could also be called being very harsh. He was immense when we knocked out better teams but had an under par game tonight. You sound like one of them that said he couldn’t play in front of a crowd. Ok I know it hurts but ffs take a step back and look at what we’ve done.
To be fair I can see where he's coming from. Our top players - Tavernier, Kent played within theirselves. We needed players with confidence in their own ability to step up and make something happen. Kent was non existent and didn't even come looking for it and Tavernier was back to his over hitting crosses and was miss hitting passes.
they play for the Rangers in in the spl. Like I say, take a step back and look. Yep I agree that tav didn’t have his best game but come on! That wasn’t Motherwell we were playing. I’m as gutted as anyone but to slag off any of those players tonight after getting there is pretty much disgusting

We looked better when Davis came on. Somebody to keep the ball. I don't know what Kamara does, doesn't create, score, win headers, tackles, just gives it easy. Good teams have players that have a few strings to their bow. Sell Kamara, Kent and invest the money in a good centre back and striker. Bring in some youngsters and we will be stronger next season. Barisic drives me mad too. Sometimes looks a player, then looks like a mouse.

Horrible feeling throughout, nerves were shot to pieces, could not watch the penalties either

The players seemed to be spooked by the occasion at times as well, the fans did not push the boys on the way i expected them to despite being in the majority, that will probably be the last European final i see my team in and i feel it was huge wasted opportunity.

Tav and Goldson over hitting balls all night, Kent never got going, Aribo very lacklustre, Lundstrum quiet, Jack just doing enough but not getting involved, Bassey had a great game but too many of our guys were not on their game tonight. To put Sakala on then take him off after 20 minutes was mind boggling.

It was there for the taking but it was just a massive let down tonight, i hope we can lift it for the SCF but i have my fears, this will be the end for a lot of these guys tonight.
Totally agree.. that diagonal long ball didn’t work all night and goldson kept trying it. Thought bassey was brilliant.

It was like watching England/Italy.

One team turned up for 10-20 minutes and were completely dominated for the rest of it.

One team clearly superior for 90% of the game, the other team nicks a goal, can't keep hold of it and lose due to a substitute with a terrible penalty.

Best team won, we were lucky it even got to extra time.

Absolutely shocking on the night, deer in headlights stuff for the first half and keystone cops defending from Goldson for the equalizer.
Load of cr@p

We turned up, we had chances, they had chances. They were no mugs ffs.

I must be in the minority, I thought Kent did well especially the longer the game went, my favourite player but I accept he’s a player that some have issues with.

It could also be called being very harsh. He was immense when we knocked out better teams but had an under par game tonight. You sound like one of them that said he couldn’t play in front of a crowd. Ok I know it hurts but ffs take a step back and look at what we’ve done.

they play for the Rangers in in the spl. Like I say, take a step back and look. Yep I agree that tav didn’t have his best game but come on! That wasn’t Motherwell we were playing. I’m as gutted as anyone but to slag off any of those players tonight after getting there is pretty much disgusting
I would think that the players are having a good look at theirselves and are probably not happy with what they see! I expect better than what they delivered but they both wouldn't be at Rangers if they were capable of the heights they reach, particularly Tavernier, every week. Kent doesn't do it for me. Great at going past people then lack of composure when he gets in good positions. He had one chance first half i think when he misshit it.

Don't think the players were spooked. Besides Dortmund we haven't been anything special on our travels in the knockout stages, lots of long balls hoping to find a player on the end of it and the midfield not being able to take control of the match in the Red Star, Braga and Leipzig away matches. We were just able to blow the latter two away at Ibrox after keeping the tie alive after the first leg. The quality on show from both sides tonight was poor and probably fitting that it went to penalties, not just our players who were struggling.

I'm proud of the players and management but gutted to lose.

3rd time lucky next time but our players need more composure and belief to get over the line/

Also never watch the game with anyone again couldn't sit without being interrupted.

I was in the ground, I give no f@cks about how telly sounds, Christ almighty that’s a ridiculous statement when we had two thirds of the stadium.

You believe all you hear on TV? Hahahaha
Watch it when u get back our support was shit .....hardly sung a song all game ... tourist fans and glory hunters with money that seemed to get the tickets

Load of cr@p

We turned up, we had chances, they had chances. They were no mugs ffs.
We had about three or four chances across the 120 minutes.

They had three or four genuine chances in the first 20 minutes.

The team did not turn up in the first half tonight. It was like watching the first half at Parkhead in February, a genuinely shocking dereliction of duty of a bunch of people running about like lunatics with their hair on fire and it was amazing that we came in at half time without being two or three down.

The second half was better, but we lost a lead through a "Goldson".

In extra time both teams were blowing out their arses and we missed a gilded opportunity to win it and that was that.

The team did not turn up in the first half tonight. It was like watching the first half at Parkhead in February, a genuinely shocking dereliction of duty of a bunch of people running about like lunatics with their hair on fire and it was amazing that we came in at half time without being two or three down.

In extra time both teams were blowing out their arses and we missed a gilded opportunity to win it and that was that.
Like I said.. load of cr@p

This thread is everything that’s bad about FF armchair posters

Get a grip ffs. How many of you that are moaning about atmosphere etc were at the game? I’ll wager zero
Yes there were tickets available for everyone who wished to go.

Last edited:

The Goldson happened in the last game too when he switched off at their goal. They are frequent throughout the season. Some people are having kittens about him leaving. Can you remember Richard Gough, Terry Butcher or back in my time big Tam Forsyth making as many mistakes throughout their career that Goldson makes in one season? I know we're not in that market any more but IMO most decent defenders don't make that many mistakes throughout a season!

Back