Did not enjoy that experience

Just to let those of you who were fortunate to get a ticket know that on tv the German fans sang for 90 mins. I'm not going down the road of the broadcaster turning the volume down for our fans, but we were outsung for 85 mins. I'm of the opinion that without the union bears to coordinate the singing that we struggled to get a song going. It may be that the fans that got the tickets were not our core support.

Horrible feeling throughout, nerves were shot to pieces, could not watch the penalties either

The players seemed to be spooked by the occasion at times as well, the fans did not push the boys on the way i expected them to despite being in the majority, that will probably be the last European final i see my team in and i feel it was huge wasted opportunity.

Tav and Goldson over hitting balls all night, Kent never got going, Aribo very lacklustre, Lundstrum quiet, Jack just doing enough but not getting involved, Bassey had a great game but too many of our guys were not on their game tonight. To put Sakala on then take him off after 20 minutes was mind boggling.

It was there for the taking but it was just a massive let down tonight, i hope we can lift it for the SCF but i have my fears, this will be the end for a lot of these guys tonight.
Don't know why we didn't seem to be at it for large parts of the game.Was gutted for sakala being took off after coming on as a sub. I thought Ramsay could have been a game changer for us but he didn't seem to look comfortable on his approach to the penalty especially as i thought he could have made it special for us

Anyway we move on. Scottish cup final at the weekend and though it may be a big anticlimax i'd like to see young Lowry get a run out as we already turned them inside out with our youngsters!

Like Manchester we didn’t turn up.

We only have belief at home.
Absolutely true, cannot believe we capitulated at the last hurdle when they were absolutely there for the taking. After our goal they were shell-shocked but we never pushed on as we have done every other game. Gutted cause I know we were 10x better than 08 and we should've kept our foot on their neck but we didn't and that's the most annoying fact. It's done the night is done but we will be back stronger.

The clear out begins and the new gen take the mantle. We can beat the best and should not be disheartened. We've punched above our weight this year and I'm so proud and lucky to be a Rangers supporter.

Horrible feeling throughout, nerves were shot to pieces, could not watch the penalties either

The players seemed to be spooked by the occasion at times as well, the fans did not push the boys on the way i expected them to despite being in the majority, that will probably be the last European final i see my team in and i feel it was huge wasted opportunity.

Tav and Goldson over hitting balls all night, Kent never got going, Aribo very lacklustre, Lundstrum quiet, Jack just doing enough but not getting involved, Bassey had a great game but too many of our guys were not on their game tonight. To put Sakala on then take him off after 20 minutes was mind boggling.

It was there for the taking but it was just a massive let down tonight, i hope we can lift it for the SCF but i have my fears, this will be the end for a lot of these guys tonight.
Have to agree. I think the occasion strangely got to the players considering how much they absolutely rose to the occasion on the previous rounds.
Frankfurt deserved it although we were unlucky not to take out chances.
Absolutely gutted to be honest.

It was like watching England/Italy.

One team turned up for 10-20 minutes and were completely dominated for the rest of it.

One team clearly superior for 90% of the game, the other team nicks a goal, can't keep hold of it and lose due to a substitute with a terrible penalty.

Best team won, we were lucky it even got to extra time.

Absolutely shocking on the night, deer in headlights stuff for the first half and keystone cops defending from Goldson for the equalizer.
Said this to ma auld man when watching the game tonight. Feared the worst when it went to penalties

Hugely dissapointing. We will never again have a better chance of winning a European trophy.

The fans would have as well been sitting in Ibrox watching it. Bar 5/10 mins after the goal they barely made a noise. In contrast Frankfurt’s fans were making noise all game.
Absolutely I had said that to my fam and they replied how come you can have 3/4 of the stadium but the German fans are way louder. Very very disappointed and where were the UB. No tifo no pyro? Very subdued and couldn't believe that they weren't there in enough numbers. Sorry lads n lassies.

You at the game or in Seville and/or Spain this week? If not, cool your jets pal, you’ve no clue
We all slated the Tims for their Seville "moral victory" v Porto, and rightly took the piss out of it and always reminded them we won the league that season.

Its natural for us to be extremely disappointed at pissing away probably our best ever chance of European silverware against an extremely average mid table German side in the same season we f**ked away the league to the scum.

Fans are entitled to be venting

We all slated the Tims for their Seville "moral victory" v Porto, and rightly took the piss out of it and always reminded them we won the league that season.

Its natural for us to be extremely disappointed at pissing away probably our best ever chance of European silverware against an extremely average mid table German side in the same season we f**ked away the league to the scum.

Fans are entitled to be venting
Agreed

However passing judgement on the support in the ground without being there is unjust IMO

Wright was the one to blame mate. He should stop the cross 100%. Yes Goldson was slow to react but he would’ve thought the cross wouldn’t come in.
Mate you can't blame Wright, defenders are supposed to defend, Goldson was a yard too slow, that cross should've been a corner. Can't blame a right winger for not defending properly

I'm not precious, I'm more amazed at opinions being shouted down. I think we were spooked tonight and shat it. Wind your neck in.

We lost on penalties. If Kent bundles in that chance in the 117th minute, you wouldn't be saying we "shat it". It's just a stupid analysis - that's why it's being shouted down.

A few folks with Rangersitis tonight, we didn't turn up again in a euro final, it is heart breaking. Love it or hate it thats the general concensus.

We lost on penalties. If Kent bundles in that chance in the 117th minute, you wouldn't be saying we "shat in". It's just a stupid analysis - that's why it's being shouted down.
He was terrible the whole game, offered zero threat going forward an left either borna or tav exposed on a whatever wing he was playing. Looking every inch the "7 mil" over hyped English winger he is.

His chance at the death to win it?? Dont get me started. Any player worth there salt burys that and takes the goalie with them!!

We lost on penalties. If Kent bundles in that chance in the 117th minute, you wouldn't be saying we "shat it". It's just a stupid analysis - that's why it's being shouted down.
But he didn't and the overall performance was piss poor. If anyone can describe that performance as better than poor then they're lying. You stay on your fairytale world.

I thought the team played with the mindset of "don't make a mistake" and with that
mindset a mistake is sure to happen.

This “UB” chat is incredibly tedious. I’ll await a fellow bear that was in the ground as I was to perhaps understand

The whole “UB, BF1” thing…..wee guys with a drum, some of us that have followed our team previously to ‘07 don’t need teenage cheerleaders ;)

He was terrible the whole game, offered zero threat going forward an left either borna or tav exposed on a whatever wing he was playing. Looking every inch the "7 mil" over hyped English winger he is.

His chance at the death to win it?? Dont get me started. Any player worth there salt burys that and takes the goalie with them!!
Careful. That might be deemed as moronic on here.

That’s me going to just avoid the rest of the world and hibernate for a few days!

Making the final was such a great achievement. But right now it just hurts. A lot.

This “UB” chat is incredibly tedious. I’ll await a fellow bear that was in the ground as I was to perhaps understand

The whole “UB, BF1” thing…..wee guys with a drum, some of us that have followed our team previously to ‘07 don’t need teenage cheerleaders ;)
Where the %^*& were you then cause it certainly wasn't Spain mate!

But he didn't and the overall performance was piss poor. If anyone can describe that performance as better than poor then they're lying. You stay on your fairytale world.

My contention is your suggestion that we "shat it". It's the analysis of a dullard. Yes, we played poorly in parts and made mistakes. That doesn't mean we "shat it". It can also mean the opposition played well and nullified our players.

I've read on here tonight that, for example, Tav "shat it". That'll be the guy that stepped up for the opening penalty.

With Borna we were a man down, worst he has played in a game of this magnitude. We were 2 men down with him and Wright. Never looked in the game either of them.

My contention is your suggestion that we "shat it". It's the analysis of a dullard. Yes, we played poorly in parts and made mistakes. That doesn't mean we "shat it". It can also mean the opposition played well and nullified our players.

I've read on here tonight that, for example, Tav "shat it". That'll be the guy that stepped up for the opening penalty.
What it means is, no-one is entitled to an opinion for fear of being called a dullard. Well done. You arrogant cant.

I feel just about empty, although I have this feeling that we have something special about to happens and it's not all over.

There are positives, Ibrox is a fortress now. We have young gifted players in Bassey and Lowry. I genuinely believe if we get business done early, we'll make the CL group stages and I think we can go through them. 100% believe in Gio and the staff to get us through.

It's perception. Is it all over or is it just the beginning?

Back