The atmosphere.

aye blame the fans who paid thousands through the season

ffs have a word way yourself

we were served up utter tripe
Says it all to be honest. Fans are there to get the team through when they are struggling. Was disappointed tonight and can only assume too many of the wrong guys got the tickets . Have said in other threads that the fans didn't lose us the game, but with the right ones there we could have won it. What's the point i singing your heart out a day before the final when you can't do enough at the actual final.

Was a strange one. Rangers fans in the City been generating an absolutely phenomenal atmosphere for days but was flat in the ground. As people have mentioned I think the heat and the rest of the days’ festivities contributed but more than anything I think the fans could see quite quickly that the system and shape was all wrong and it caused an anxiety amongst the support.

Yeah. That'll be it. Just like Barca in 72 and Manchester in 2008. It was the "system".

Maybe next time our "system" will be better.

You've just described part of the problem, being able to spend the most doesn't make you a better or more passionate supporter, it just means you have more money.
It’s not just “spending the most” going to games and investing hours of your time is a complete lady's front bottom ache TBH

People who go, often, and often enough to be at that level aren’t just spending money it’s a commitment of time and a %^*& load of hours of travel

People who don’t go to games have little concept of how much an arse ache going to games is IMO

Was a strange one. Rangers fans in the City been generating an absolutely phenomenal atmosphere for days but was flat in the ground. As people have mentioned I think the heat and the rest of the days’ festivities contributed but more than anything I think the fans could see quite quickly that the system and shape was all wrong and it caused an anxiety amongst the support.

So the typical Scotch not handling their drink and the heat?

A better atmosphere doesn’t sort Goldson clearing his lines, but %^*& me, there were better atmospheres ten years ago when we were playing Annan et al.

We always react to the game . The team were nervous and flat and it transferred to the stands

Let’s face it we’ve been neutered by the banning of a lot of the traditional songs.
Belinda Carlisle or TBB..know what I prefer.

I hear you but honestly is that all we've got?

The Zenit fans made us look like wankers.

When is the club going to get to grips with fan culture or is this all we've got to look forward to?

Folk who can pull out a grand or 2 for a one off match ticket today safe in the knowledge that they won't be paying for another ticket in years were sadly in the majority by the looks of that.

Shame on UEFA for giving auch a pitiful allocation and allowing that to happen.

UEFA needs to have a review of ticketing policies for future events. The ballot system is a farce, and allowed so many tickets to get into the wrong hands. Involved clubs should get a lions share and be able to distribute them under club ticketing policies.

The tickets were extremely badly distributed.

All the Union Bears should have been given priority to tickets and should have been sat together.

There was nobody to lead the singing.

Frankfurt obviously put thought into how their tickets were distributed, but with Rangers it was essentially a free for all.
Do you really need someone orchestrating the singing at a Euro Final ?

Shameful thread.

Rangers fans were treated like absolute shit tonight.

Stood waiting for that game at 40c with not a drop of water anywhere in the away section having been told to get in 3 hours early.

Folk scrumming for odd bottles of coke sharing it about.

It was a punishing punishing evening in there with folk doing what they could

I’ll make a point of ignoring the folk sat in the house acting like weirdos when im eventually allowed back home - UEFA forcing us to malaga few hours bus trip to fly home.

They even turned the running water to the toilets off.

I left everything in that stadium tonight - so many Rangers fans were unwell left gasping begging for fluid.

Shameful.

There where great atmosphere at games well before the Union Bears .

Can’t contest that viewpoint I’ve only remembered it really when union bears were there

But sometimes nowadays it’s like a morgue without them

Frankfurt fans out sang and out displayed our “fans”

Just back in from the stadium. We lost in the stands. I was in the “neutral” section literally at the opposite end from the Rangers end, was very difficult to coordinate across the length of the stadium.

Personally speaking, I’ve had 9 hours sleep in the last 48. Don’t drink, but the strain of getting to Seville (18 hours travelling), the temperatures, lack of food, physical exertion all added up.

The water situation was a disgrace. People having to empty bottles outside the stadium safely assuming that in 30 degree heat they could buy water inside. Nowhere near enough bottles before they ran out, having to go drink the water from the toilet sinks. Treated like animals.

Not saying any of this as an excuse, but by way of explanation. We lost fair and square in the stands and on the pitch. I think all of the above added up, but I was surprised we were so flat.

Was pish.

Plenty were pished though. Literally guy a few seats along from me fell asleep before the game and genuinely slept for most of the full game.

Bizarre

Most of our fans there have spent more following us than most posting on this thread have in 5 years

If it means that much to you spend more than them and commit to the level they do

Missing the point completely.

I spent over £5,000 flying from Oz to be in Manchester. My immediate thought after the game was how pathetic our so called support for the team was.

I didnt have a ticket but if I did Id have supported the team with traditional songs sung properly.

I spent over £5,000 flying from Oz to be in Manchester. My immediate thought after the game was how pathetic our so called support for the team was.

I didnt have a ticket but if I did Id have supported the team with traditional songs sung properly.

90mins bigot?

There were a good number of Frankfurt fans sitting in the Rangers end and almost no Rangers fans in the Frankfurt end.

Needs to be an inquiry why Frankfurt fans ended up in the Rangers end, any Rangers fans who sold their tickets to them should be banned for life.

You spent 5k to to just be in Manchester, how many games at Ibrox and away games did you go to that season?

It was nothing short of abysmal in the Rangers end tonight.

I was there. A combination of people who had burned out too soon and too many people that don’t go to the games.

Reminiscent of Manchester.

Wow.

Easy to say sitting in the house/pub.

Atmosphere could’ve been better. But ti call fans who travelled a disgrace. Many who went via all sorts of routes. Get a grip

And there in lies the problem. Frankfurt gave most of their allocation to the ultras. Rangers got the people who could afford £1K plus tickets who probably have been to Ibrox once or twice

You heard the comparison in the stadium - our “fans” were hardly heard

It’s not just “spending the most” going to games and investing hours of your time is a complete lady's front bottom ache TBH

People who go, often, and often enough to be at that level aren’t just spending money it’s a commitment of time and a %^*& load of hours of travel

People who don’t go to games have little concept of how much an arse ache going to games is IMO

There was a section that have followed us all across Europe, who deserve enormous credit, but they were the minority, not most there tonight. The majority, or at least close to it, there were people who could afford to pay for the experience. I knew multiple people who don't go to games who were there because they could pay £1500 a ticket.

There was people on here buying Edmiston House packages and yearly RTV packages to get the points for a ticket. That kind of system squeezes out the supporters you're describing who do follow us everywhere, or at least would like the opportunity to, but need to get tickets through buses or on other people's MyGers.

Shameful thread.

Rangers fans were treated like absolute shit tonight.

Stood waiting for that game at 40c with not a drop of water anywhere in the away section having been told to get in 3 hours early.

Folk scrumming for odd bottles of coke sharing it about.

It was a punishing punishing evening in there with folk doing what they could

I’ll make a point of ignoring the folk sat in the house acting like weirdos when im eventually allowed back home - UEFA forcing us to malaga few hours bus trip to fly home.

They even turned the running water to the toilets off.

I left everything in that stadium tonight - so many Rangers fans were unwell left gasping begging for fluid.

Shameful.
It was a genuine physical ordeal. People begging stewards for the little bottles of water they were carrying for their own use. Taps turned off at full time, as you say. Kiosks literally closed in our face, shutters pulled down. Frankfurt fans suffered the same.

As far as the players go I think too many of them ran their final against Red Bull, and Tav amongst others had one of his worst games, but redeemed himself as a Captain should by stepping up and slotting hone the first penalty. The players get a pass.
But the Rangers fans in that stadium were a vacuum. It was the worst atmosphere I’ve heard from a Rangers support for an important game in years, never mind a European final. Embarrassing.
I sat and watched it in the house and did think the Frankfurt were louder.however, don’t think you can be too critical of the fans that made the journey to seville to support the team especielly towards the end when it was so nervy even sitting in the couch. I don’t think some of the team performed but can be difficult in a euro final. We missed Alfredo, makes it harder their striker scored the equaliser and winning pen.

You spent 5k to to just be in Manchester, how many games at Ibrox and away games did you go to that season?
This is my point

Spend the money on air miles all you want - have you been to Ibrox contributing to the previous atmospheres?

Doubt it

There was a section that have followed us all across Europe, who deserve enormous credit, but they were the minority, not most there tonight. The majority, or at least close to it, there were people who could afford to pay for the experience. I knew multiple people who don't go to games who were there because they could pay £1500 a ticket.

There was people on here buying Edmiston House packages and yearly RTV packages to get the points for a ticket. That kind of system squeezes out the supporters you're describing who do follow us everywhere, or at least would like the opportunity to, but need to get tickets through buses or on other people's MyGers.
I’m 100% anti wanky cunts who spent over the odds for tickets, and hardly go, %^*& them

But I can’t be arsed with the whole “I’d have made more noise” pish from people who hardly go TBH

I honestly thought that the microphones had been deliberately turned down in our end in case of any naughty chants

What a complete load of total shite - the Bears did their bit and some - we overcame a far better side recently, to get
to a final - looked scared and over aweda bit to somewhat.

Losing with dignity? - toal lady's front bottom of a thing
Fenia n, dirty cunts will pile in.

BASTARDS!!! TOTAL DIRTY FENIA -_N
BASTARDS

Back