The atmosphere.

mcgregor is right there at the edge of the box?
Your right, and we are right in the middle standing up. Judging by the sun it was just after kick off and it looks like many of those sleeping yet to waken up.

This has been done to death on FF regarding Euro ultra fan groups and their choreographed robotic style of support. That is the way it seems to be in just about most European leagues, even the announcing of the teams is a ritual. Not my cup of tea but have this in a one-off occasion like last night and it can easily dominate a larger number who respond more to the flow of the game like our support.

seen this picture on twitter and it's a pretty good evidence for the folk saying that the majority were sitting.

I wouldn't say the 'majority' imo. The full lower tier was standing - that's where i was so i can qualify that. From my view behind the goal a lot of the top tier was standing but obviously some patches sitting which is a shambles considering it's a Euro final.

Unless you were in stadium last night you will never understand why I and many others found it impossible to stand for 120mins or sing for full game.
one thing
the Support which travelled to Spain in the numbers that did was outstanding and the numbers inside stadium unbelievable.

This 100%. I know for a fact a ton of overseas Bears were in that ground last night who had not been anywhere near Ibrox or a European away game this season. Im not picking on them or anyone , but thats just a simple fact.

Yep, spoke to 3 of them in Cocos in Benalmadena, hardly been to a game all season and all 3 had tickets.

I was in the neutral section and thought we were out-sung the majority of the game. I actually think the Frankfurt fans provided a good atmosphere, both display and singing. They definitely died down towards the end. Not sure if that was due to us taking control of the game, or fatigue due to the situation of no water, or any drink, in the stadium.

There were bears around me looking for a sing song, but maybe only about 50%.
Another issue was the lack of coordination with songs. I kept looking over to our allocated section in hope of them joining into a song, or to get one started. When this happened by the time it had transferred over (if at all), some people were already done singing the song.
This is something that I've seen a lot at Ibrox. UB are the only section that do this well, but often it doesn't carry round the stadium well. And it's much easier to do in smaller traveling support.
Also, the best atmospheres are normally driven by game situations. Like the recent European games at Ibrox, where there is an early goal. The game had very few chances, or moments to drive a support on. The Frankfurt fans were only good for a song book, but less so for the waves of sound, and volume changes depending on game situations.

Say what you want about those who paid over a grand for a ticket. I was one of those, and I don't have a season ticket anymore, and I maybe take in only a few games a season. But I was looking to make as much noise as possible. I had to go to the toilets to drink the tap water at half time just to get my voice back for the second half.
If I didn't buy that ticket, there's as much chance that ticket then goes to a neutral or opposition fan.

I completely agree that Uefa allocation is a joke. It's only good for touts who make money from the situation.
The allocation for the clubs should be a minimum 40%, not 25%.
And I say that knowing that would mean it's less likely for me to get the opportunity to go. But then I reckon there are a lot of bears who may qualify for a ticket, but not be able to afford the travel.

It was a flat game that generated a relatively flat atmosphere, with the Frankfurt fans having a simple song book and better orchestration than us, to fill the void of a relatively flat game.

I wish I had written this. Apart from the fact it is coherent, succinct and grammatical it sums up very "articulately" what I felt about last night. I don't sing at games. I drink a fair bit away from football but do not drink before games and I barely touched bevy yesterday. I soooooo wanted to enjoy the moment last night.
Nevertheless I was desperate to belt out our songs last night. However they petered out quickly - to be clear, as someone who also quickly petered out, I blame no-one else. I stayed for our team getting their medals but was struggling badly with dehydration. I wanted out of the ground at the final whistle but after discussion with a tearful Yng T (now a 30+ adult) we decided to stay. No one, but no-one, can blame those who left and if you were not there, you cannot cast aspersions on the singing.
A final point we paid £1300 each for tickets. He lives in Germany and can rarely go to games. I no longer have a season ticket but go near enough every week. My ferocious, ex junior football player, brother in law does not have a season ticket but will out-sing anyone. He also paid big money to go. The idea that all those who paid over the odds were not "real" Bears is just nonsense.
Final, final point; I am so proud of that team who well and truly over-achieved and of our fans who were so vocal, friendly and good natured in Seville (in the city). The atmosphere was brilliant and Isaw so many locals looking on with big smiles.
WATP. See you in all in Budapest next May

Pretty wide dig that. Plenty regular Rangers followers tried to get it going last night but due to the "my seat" brigade everyone was more spread out than usual.
It needs to be a wide dig mate, couldn’t hear a thing, anytime the camera was on our fans they were all standing doing nothing.

Was very strange as we are usually bouncing.

Frankfurt fans were excellent.

It needs to be a wide dig mate, couldn’t hear a thing, anytime the camera was on our fans they were all standing doing nothing.

Was very strange as we are usually bouncing.

Frankfurt fans were excellent.
The camera? So you watched it on tv but are criticising the fans who were actually there? In the actual ground?

hahahahahahahahahahaha

What section was that in thats mental, most of us were stood on the shitey red seats and fell back the way when we scored, stadium was pish

The corner in the official Rangers end. All game might be an exaggeration but it was definitely noticeable.

Anyone know how Frankfurt issued their tickets?

Did their Ultras get them all
Hi. Frankfurt supporter here.

Official over 100000 Frankfurt fans want a ticket for this game. But only 10000 tickets available by the club. So the club made a lottery for tickets in Frankfurt but sort by:
Club member + season ticket holder + how many away games you travel with the team

we have 100.000 club members and 31000 season ticket holders.

So u see, this 10000 tickets only sold at die hard true supporters, that often travel away with the team. Only at the neutral seats, where some glory hunters with money.

Hope it helped you to answer your question.

And sry for my bad English.

I think most who normally attend Euro aways were there. However, there were loads of seat hunters and folk who thought it was Ibrox they were in. No slight on them, our support was so spread out over the official and neutral section. The Uefa ballot didn't lend itself to a conducive atmosphere.

I hope all the first timers who attended the final keep at it. There's something very special about supporting our team abroad.

Genuine question, were you there? It is not a dig I am wondering if you were there or not.

I was in the neutral zone but very close to the Frankfurt fans. For a while I thought we were barely opening our mouths but realised if both sets of fans were singing I couldn't hear ours
And while they were louder and more persistent maybe, just maybe, television didn't reflect the noise in the ground. Those short, highly repetitive dirges of theirs are easier to maintain but as the tension rose later in the game (and dehydration kicked in?) they became much quieter.
EDIT. Made a mess of that. Talking to myself! Was meant for JAC_1966.

I think most who normally attend Euro aways were there. However, there were loads of seat hunters and folk who thought it was Ibrox they were in. No slight on them, our support was so spread out over the official and neutral section. The Uefa ballot didn't lend itself to a conducive atmosphere.

I hope all the first timers who attended the final keep at it. There's something very special about supporting our team abroad.
As long as the first timers bin the seat number that is says on their ticket the minute they walk into the ground.

Does my head in.

Back