The atmosphere.

In the section I was in we tried singing, the Frankfurt fans amongst us were also singing but I agree that there didn’t seem to be much coordination from our end. By extra time I was so done in I sat down and watched it through my fingers

The heat and lack of water definitely played a part. I was having soft drinks all day and I was struggling towards the end of the game. That said it was flat af and there just wasn’t the same intensity as there usually is for a big game. There were people more deserving than me who missed out but I spoke a lot of folk yesterday who got a ticket through some contact at the club. We did well to get so far but there’s a lot of room for improvement at the club.

This generally all comes back to Uefa deciding to punt 15k + of neutral tickets and the lack of organisation from the club to look after its most vocal section of support.

This is getting hysterical - “humiliated” and you’re glad you weren’t able to attend a European Final…!?
Being outsung for 120 minutes, by less fans, in a European final - yes that is humiliating!!

And I said 'part of me', so don't go making things up to suit your agenda !

This generally all comes back to Uefa deciding to punt 15k + of neutral tickets and the lack of organisation from the club to look after its most vocal section of support.
Eh?

The thread is solely about the rangers end which was 9500, the split between ST holders and club use was the issue.

There was people in the official away end that couldn’t point to Ibrox on a map, never mind attend games.

Unsure how uefa allocations have anything to do with it. The neutral section in the main stand had better participation that some of the people around me, utterly pathetic

Eh?

The thread is solely about the rangers end which was 9500, the split between ST holders and club use was the issue.

There was people in the official away end that couldn’t point to Ibrox on a map, never mind attend games.

Unsure how uefa allocations have anything to do with it. The neutral section in the main stand had better participation that some of the people around me, utterly pathetic
Didn’t know it was solely about the Rangers end, thought it was about general Rangers fans which were dotted about everywhere. The OP says Rangers fans, not rangers end.

My mistake. Calm it.

Being outsung for 120 minutes, by less fans, in a European final - yes that is humiliating!!

And I said 'part of me', so don't go making things up to suit your agenda !

Yes, part of you didn’t want a ticket to a European final. What kind of fan would even think that? What a nonsense.

“Humiliated” - get a sense of perspective.

The reality is that fan cultures differ. British support tends to go with the ebb-and-flow of a game, a more natural response to what is unfolding.

Eh?

Seen a video of some fans doing the bouncy, too many fans were standing about not taking part which prevented it getting going.

I assume this was a constant problem when anyone tried to get a song going?

I've deliberately waited until this afternoon to comment on this, as emotions were very raw at the end last night.

I thought our fans in the stadium were piss poor overall. To be out-sung by a Frankfurt support half the size was an utter embarrassment.

There were periods in the game where the fans were doing next to nothing to get behind the team. It should have been non stop wall of noise for 120 mins.

There will be people on here who were in the stadium last night saying "You've no right to criticise, you weren't there, you'd didn't experience the heat sitting in yer living room blah blah blah".

Bottom line, the folk who were there last night need to ask what THEY brought to the game last night.

What was it the Germans did that we didn't?

Overall, a sad indictment of what could have contributed to getting us over the line.

I've deliberately waited until this afternoon to comment on this, as emotions were very raw at the end last night.

I thought our fans in the stadium were piss poor overall. To be out-sung by a Frankfurt support half the size was an utter embarrassment.

There were periods in the game where the fans were doing next to nothing to get behind the team. It should have been non stop wall of noise for 120 mins.

There will be people on here who were in the stadium last night saying "You've no right to criticise, you weren't there, you'd didn't experience the heat sitting in yer living room blah blah blah".

Bottom line, the folk who were there last night need to ask what THEY brought to the game last night.

What was it the Germans did that we didn't?

Overall, a sad indictment of what could have contributed to getting us over the line.
The Frankfurt support was nowhere near half the size, yes we out numbered them but it was far closer to 50/50 than I think anyone expected. Our fans were poor on the night, numerous factors caused that, but let's stick to facts.

Seen a video of some fans doing the bouncy, too many fans were standing about not taking part which prevented it getting going.

I assume this was a constant problem when anyone tried to get a song going?
Even the participation for every Saturday we follow was utterly tragic, anyone looking down from upper must’ve been so frustrated

Would’ve been interesting looking into the away end to see what the participation levels were because I’m convinced there was some statues for 2 hours

Even another small point but it further demonstrates the difference between Frankfurts end and ours

To a man, frankfurt fans all decked themselves in white and it was some sight looking over and seeing a full block of them, with their fans dotted about

UB/BC put a request out for people to wear blue - not even a rangers top, genuinely just a blue T-shirt - yet we can’t even pull that off. That’s not me having a go at people, ultimately you can choose what you want to wear, I’m making the point that their mentality towards fan culture/supporting the team/acting as a unit is completely different to us
Thought the exact same mate, fan culture in Germany is 10x better than the UK will ever be, too many folk in our support with the "they'll not tell me what to wear" mentality.

I seen a guy wearing jeans, his baws must've been fucking soaking.

Aye. There was sections of our official away end sitting all game, mental.
What section was that in thats mental, most of us were stood on the shitey red seats and fell back the way when we scored, stadium was pish

Too many who went for a bevvy with the football as an afterthought and just as many who were there because they have the disposable income to pay touts or have sufficient connections to get tickets. A lot of actual fans who follow us home and away were priced out.

The performance was poor but the team clearly feed off the atmosphere we create at Ibrox. Better atmosphere, usually better performances.
That's the same as most European aways though and we always sing plentiful, the difference yesterday was the heat and lack of water, don't know if you were there but its the most intense heat I've ever felt. I had 2 beers in a 10 hour window and felt I drank enough water but I was parched and felt drained, throw the nerves into the mix also.

Yes, part of you didn’t want a ticket to a European final. What kind of fan would even think that? What a nonsense.

“Humiliated” - get a sense of perspective.

The reality is that fan cultures differ. British support tends to go with the ebb-and-flow of a game, a more natural response to what is unfolding.

It's all a bit "Sing When You're Winning" isn't it, or at least, "make noise when the team is playing well". We get great atmospheres at Ibrox when the team comes flying out of the traps and gets an early goal. Often times not so supportive when things aren't immediately going our way on the park.

I think we'd do well to try to be a bit more proactive and less reactive as a support. Some turn their nose up at the Euro Ultra-style constant noise, thinking it seems artificial or whatever. But ultimately, when the rubber hit the road in a European final, the impression was that a neutral venue sounded like a home game for our opponents.

The heat and lack of water definitely played a part. I was having soft drinks all day and I was struggling towards the end of the game. That said it was flat af and there just wasn’t the same intensity as there usually is for a big game. There were people more deserving than me who missed out but I spoke a lot of folk yesterday who got a ticket through some contact at the club. We did well to get so far but there’s a lot of room for improvement at the club.
A very honest and frank summation.

I was round at N30ish, it was hard to tune into what was being sung to carry it on. We're not very well orchestrated at the best of times, never mind with the steamers. A few around us tried to get stuff going, but it was then at odds with the songs being sung a bit further round. We needed to keep it simple. It was a shame and as per us, we wait for someone else to rake the lead. Leipzig away was probably the best I've experienced in Europe away. The UB were perfectly positioned that night, and the RB fans dull.

The frankfurt fans were not at it for 120mins either. Yes very well rehearsed, but if true that it was their ultras then that's to be expected.

Are you saying you wouldn’t have cause I know if I was there I would have done the same.

I was there so…aye.

I don’t think I’ll ever see us in another European final. So I’m not going to waste the opportunity by being out my tree and forgetting it (although right now that would be for the best).

It was generational trip for everyone. But a lot of folk last night were so out the game by kick off I’d be surprised they remember much of it.

I was sober but after a day in the sun, trying to stay hydrated even I was knackered towards the end. So folk on gear and the bevvy would’ve been struggling big time.

Those that know me know I'm quite laid back and quiet by nature but last night the fact i had to shout and scream at those next to me to wake up and start singing is a terrible indictment on the atmosphere at times.

I was there so…aye.

I don’t think I’ll ever see us in another European final. So I’m not going to waste the opportunity by being out my tree and forgetting it (although right now that would be for the best).

It was generational trip for everyone. But a lot of folk last night were so out the game by kick off I’d be surprised they remember much of it.

I was sober but after a day in the sun, trying to stay hydrated even I was knackered towards the end. So folk on gear and the bevvy would’ve been struggling big time.
I had 4/5 beers over the course of yesterday on the bus to Seville then in Seville itself, part from that I stuck to the water and as you said wanted to remember it all and enjoy it.

Why those get absolutely blotto on occasions like this is above my reasoning but each to their own, seen some states though.

Even another small point but it further demonstrates the difference between Frankfurts end and ours

To a man, frankfurt fans all decked themselves in white and it was some sight looking over and seeing a full block of them, with their fans dotted about

UB/BC put a request out for people to wear blue - not even a rangers top, genuinely just a blue T-shirt - yet we can’t even pull that off. That’s not me having a go at people, ultimately you can choose what you want to wear, I’m making the point that their mentality towards fan culture/supporting the team/acting as a unit is completely different to us
Then you had fannies in our support wearing that 150th anniversary white kit to blend in with the Frankfurt support. Over inflating their sense of dominance in the stadium.

Anyone know how Frankfurt issued their tickets?

Did their Ultras get them all
No. Walking about Seville after the game there was a mix of young/old, men/woman and generally people that just looked like normal fans

It wasn’t all ultras. They had about 6 capos spread across the front of their stand and the general fan in Germany buys into the fan culture. That’s the difference

It was more aimed at the Glasgow based fans who turn up to Ibrox twice a season for the old firm game mate. Can’t be helped if you’re staying away of course.
Yeah it's tough being away - totally get your point on the singing. I was disappointed by this where I was sat.

Even the participation for every Saturday we follow was utterly tragic, anyone looking down from upper must’ve been so frustrated

Would’ve been interesting looking into the away end to see what the participation levels were because I’m convinced there was some statues for 2 hours
At the start of the game? Frankly that’s lies we massively put sung them just prior to the game starting. The team started nervy and the crowd tightened up. Almost everytime a song started there was a loose pass or possession turnover we killed the sings flat. To say the fans were quiet the whole game is a lie, yes the Germans were more consistent but in the 2nd half we outsang them until we scored and in the 2nd half of ET was the some.

Yes it could and should have been better, but it happens, especially in those occasions and with a nervy start. The conditions just made it worse.

At the start of the game? Frankly that’s lies we massively put sung them just prior to the game starting. The team started nervy and the crowd tightened up. Almost everytime a song started there was a loose pass or possession turnover we killed the sings flat. To say the fans were quiet the whole game is a lie, yes the Germans were more consistent but in the 2nd half we outsang them until we scored and in the 2nd half of ET was the some.

Yes it could and should have been better, but it happens, especially in those occasions and with a nervy start. The conditions just made it worse.
Seen it with my own eyes

For what it’s worth, and some may disagree, but apart from Leipzig our away support have been poor all season in Europe.

At Ibrox we’ve been right at it and the ground has been the loudest I’ve ever heard it at points. But away from home, Braga, Belgrade, Dortmund (apart from directly after goals) and particularly Brondby we’re pretty tame. Not good enough for a club and support of our stature.

The club is way more interested in wringing as much money as they can out of folk rather than looking after our more loyal fans, the MyGers extortion racket is evidence of this.

Still on the train on the last leg back. No excuses whatsoever, we were shocking in the stands.

The Germans got it right with maybe 14000 or so of their fans in the ground compared to at least 22000 of ours.

Maye they had more of their regulars in their allocation? But what are gold and high silver MyGers if not loyal regulars?

And why were so many of our fans so late into the stadium? This was a final and should have been rammed an hour before kick off.

The Union Bears do a great job but if you can only start singing when they take the lead then you shouldn’t be at a game like this.

Beer, sun and lack of water were no excuses. Same for both sides and their fans seemed to manage the conditions perfectly well.

Some of our lot were pissed and falling asleep on their seats. If people want to get in that state go on one of the many cheap flights any other week and get lashed.

I could not believe that there was no water available. Absolute insanity.

The atmosphere was poor but those calling is a disgrace should fucking try screaming your lungs out for 90 minutes in that heat with no water. Drinking out the tap in the toilets stopped some folk from passing out.
And likely TMI information, but the consequences of drinking that tap water are now well and truly upon me.

Back