The atmosphere.

Govanx

Cool Story Bro
As far as the players go I think too many of them ran their final against Red Bull, and Tav amongst others had one of his worst games, but redeemed himself as a Captain should by stepping up and slotting hone the first penalty. The players get a pass.
But the Rangers fans in that stadium were a vacuum. It was the worst atmosphere I’ve heard from a Rangers support for an important game in years, never mind a European final. Embarrassing.

As far as the players go I think too many of them ran their final against Red Bull, and Tav amongst others had one of his worst games, but redeemed himself as a Captain should by stepping up and slotting hone the first penalty. The players get a pass.
But the Rangers fans in that stadium were a vacuum. It was the worst atmosphere I’ve heard from a Rangers support for an important game in years, never mind a European final. Embarrassing.
Manchester was the same.

It’s what happens when a huge percentage of our end was family, sponsors and other hangers on.

Players family should always get tickets but the number of people in our end who weren’t hardcore support was noticeable.

Just heard from a friend who was there and he’s adamant he was surrounded by a lot of friends of friends of players etc

There were a few factors at play, but I agree that the fans were disappointingly quiet. I suspect that many were too nervous and wrapped up in the game and this is where the continental mindless, orchestrated chanting has an advantage, they kept it going regardless of what was happening on the park.

Many of our fans were also probably utterly done in from excesses of travel, alcohol and sunshine over the past 48hrs. It doesn't make the atmosphere less disappointing, but it's understandable.

Only heard us after the goal for a few minutes. Pretty embarrassing considering how outnumbered the Germans were.

Im more annoyed at the fact hardly any of them stayed behind to applaud the team getting their medals. The Frankfurt fans were respectful and clapped our players.

Think your right OP, everytime the camera panned into one of our fans they were bleary eyed as if they had too much today and last night. Thought the fans were pish tbh and don’t like saying it.

I dont think some of our support were the real support. Some glory hunters with money. Lots of it. That sucked it for us.

However, those Germans with that white tarpaulin over the second ring sponsor boards. I think they nicked them as a keep sake. Or to mess with the Sponsors. They will, or should be fined heavily for that. But won’t. Their support was better, overall. I don’t know if our support also drank too much day time and ran out of steam in that heat.

Anyways, let’s head home and go again!

The tickets were extremely badly distributed.

All the Union Bears should have been given priority to tickets and should have been sat together.

There was nobody to lead the singing.

Frankfurt obviously put thought into how their tickets were distributed, but with Rangers it was essentially a free for all.

We were never going to get the Ibrox push but itwasa bit overwhelming for me 12,000 miles away. I think there was just too much nerves

Back