The atmosphere.

Shameful thread.

Rangers fans were treated like absolute shit tonight.

Stood waiting for that game at 40c with not a drop of water anywhere in the away section having been told to get in 3 hours early.

Folk scrumming for odd bottles of coke sharing it about.

It was a punishing punishing evening in there with folk doing what they could

I’ll make a point of ignoring the folk sat in the house acting like weirdos when im eventually allowed back home - UEFA forcing us to malaga few hours bus trip to fly home.

They even turned the running water to the toilets off.

I left everything in that stadium tonight - so many Rangers fans were unwell left gasping begging for fluid.

Shameful.
That sounds shocking all they talked about on Talksport today was the severe heat,there should have bottles of water accessible to everyone .

Lets be honest every fan that came up on the tele looked fucked, red eyed and pished.....

and TBH if I had went I would have been the same.

I have to say as others have done Manchester was the same in the stadium.

I think the players did their but tonight we maybe let them down a little.

There's a middle ground though. They didn't cost us the game but didn't help the team as much as they should

Would the fans have put more stamina the legs in such sapping conditions? Perhaps they should have sucked Kent's shot in unison over the line!

The fans have fvcking backed the club from the depths all the way back and beyond.

Those calling them a disgrace are themselves a disgrace.

Says it all to be honest. Fans are there to get the team through when they are struggling. Was disappointed tonight and can only assume too many of the wrong guys got the tickets . Have said in other threads that the fans didn't lose us the game, but with the right ones there we could have won it. What's the point i singing your heart out a day before the final when you can't do enough
Says it all to be honest. Fans are there to get the team through when they are struggling. Was disappointed tonight and can only assume too many of the wrong guys got the tickets . Have said in other threads that the fans didn't lose us the game, but with the right ones there we could have won it. What's the point i singing your heart out a day before the final when you can't do enough at the actual fina

You spent 5k to to just be in Manchester, how many games at Ibrox and away games did you go to that season?

I lived in Canberra, so not many, but having followed Rangers home and away since the late 60s I think emigrating to Australia in 2006 gives me some lee way.

What's your point?

There was a section that have followed us all across Europe, who deserve enormous credit, but they were the minority, not most there tonight. The majority, or at least close to it, there were people who could afford to pay for the experience. I knew multiple people who don't go to games who were there because they could pay £1500 a ticket.

There was people on here buying Edmiston House packages and yearly RTV packages to get the points for a ticket. That kind of system squeezes out the supporters you're describing who do follow us everywhere, or at least would like the opportunity to, but need to get tickets through buses or on other people's MyGers.
the old euro travel club should never have been done away with.

I lived in Canberra, so not many, but having followed Rangers home and away since the late 60s I think emigrating to Australia in 2006 gives me some lee way.

What's your point?
I stopped at not many

The rest means nothing I’m the wrong person to Chuck the ex Pat stuff at, you’ll be met with and wit…

I would not come out and slag a support given I wasn’t there however I will call it as I see it! Pish poor support, fans turned up for the party but done the pre party better than the actual event. End of!

The atmosphere was flat as %^*& and I said it in the first half. Not sure what happened there.

Our allocation went to the top of mygers, so don't understand people who are saying it was only "glory hunters" who got tickets either.
Was that not the first 9500, and the rest went to people who could afford the high prices? Also the top of MyGers are possibly not the most vociferous of fans.

Shameful thread.

Rangers fans were treated like absolute shit tonight.

Stood waiting for that game at 40c with not a drop of water anywhere in the away section having been told to get in 3 hours early.

Folk scrumming for odd bottles of coke sharing it about.

It was a punishing punishing evening in there with folk doing what they could

I’ll make a point of ignoring the folk sat in the house acting like weirdos when im eventually allowed back home - UEFA forcing us to malaga few hours bus trip to fly home.

They even turned the running water to the toilets off.

I left everything in that stadium tonight - so many Rangers fans were unwell left gasping begging for fluid.

Shameful.
Great Post mate and full of facts.
One guy near me passed out and cut his head. Saw another couple on stretchers getting medical treatment also.
Typical Spanish cops. Bastards. Kept as waiting outside for ages in sweltering heat.
They when we eventually got in, the facilities were shit and you could not even get any sort of drinks.

Last edited:
That stadium was utter punishment tonight

Brutal. A hell hole.

Folk now claiming the wrong people were there

Well forgive me. Most of us up high at corner knew each other from euro aways this season.
Ground was a shocker for a major final.

Yes our end was poor, loads of folk near me were nervous wrecks the full game.

Didn't recognise many away euro regulars near me tbh but seen a few going in and leaving.

I could not believe that there was no water available. Absolute insanity.

The atmosphere was poor but those calling is a disgrace should fucking try screaming your lungs out for 90 minutes in that heat with no water. Drinking out the tap in the toilets stopped some folk from passing out.
Understand that. When I go to an old firm game I am struggling to hear my voice by half time then I usually get a second wind, so don't understand how people can sing for two days before a game and expect to give everything at the game.

There were a few factors in that tonight for me. The situation getting into the ground with things being confiscated when they shouldn't have then the farce with not having water. 36 degree heat and not offering water is scandalous! The stadium was a death trap at times with the steep slope. I still never found my correct seat. Then the team don't perform the way we know they could and should have.
The people round me were singing etc but like me, were very nervous and unhappy with some of the performance. But don't think anyone can blame the fans for that.

I'm a season ticket holder and have been for years, so not all tickets went to corporate etc. I'm sorry but what other way could the club have allocated the fan tickets? MyGers is the only way, if not then why bother with it

Frankfurt gave their whole allocation to their Ultras. Which caused a ruckus with the rest of their support.

But it seemed to work.

Ours seemed so much more nervier than their support.
That’s how it works in Germany, many in Britain think “Ultras” means hooligans, it doesn’t - it means organised support - I was worried what happened would happen. Just different worlds.

Great Post mate and full of facts.
One guy near me passed out and cut his head. Saw another couple on stretchers getting medical treatment also.
Typical Spanish cops. Bastards. Kept as waiting outside for ages in sweltering heat.
They when we eventually got in, the facilities were shit and you could even get any sort of drinks.
Went down for a water at 7.15 cause a was melting waited 25 minutes in the line didn't get with in 20 people of the front and they said there was no water 1hr 20 before kick off. Went back to my seat and the guy next to us managed to get some and gave me and my mate a bottle to share.

He wants to know how many games I went to but I lived in Austrslia. Is that his point?

Nah the fact you are having a go at people who got tickets to the game. check post #71 (yours)

As predicted by me on here. Pathetic support for our players but they'll always to be able to say "I was there".

You've flown to Manchester from Oz to do just that "I was there!"

Moaning that the wrong fans got tickets, again, you've flown around the globe in the hope you got tickets, makes you think you deserved a ticket then?

Perhaps pony up more than those that did!

Would the fans have put more stamina the legs in such sapping conditions? Perhaps they should have sucked Kent's shot in unison over the line!

The fans have fvcking backed the club from the depths all the way back and beyond.

Those calling them a disgrace are themselves a disgrace.
Not calling them a disgrace - just not good enough - fine margins. Numbers are amazing.

There were a few factors in that tonight for me. The situation getting into the ground with things being confiscated when they shouldn't have then the farce with not having water. 36 degree heat and not offering water is scandalous! The stadium was a death trap at times with the steep slope. I still never found my correct seat. Then the team don't perform the way we know they could and should have.
The people round me were singing etc but like me, were very nervous and unhappy with some of the performance. But don't think anyone can blame the fans for that.

I'm a season ticket holder and have been for years, so not all tickets went to corporate etc. I'm sorry but what other way could the club have allocated the fan tickets? MyGers is the only way, if not then why bother with it

That's fine then. Off you go to the pub now for a few bevvies and a good old "du du du du du du du Glasgow Rangers".

I could not believe that there was no water available. Absolute insanity.

The atmosphere was poor but those calling is a disgrace should fucking try screaming your lungs out for 90 minutes in that heat with no water. Drinking out the tap in the toilets stopped some folk from passing out.
I hope to god there is no Rangers fan on here calling other Rangers fans a disgrace....

However from a perspective back home you seen the cameras on the german fans looking quite fresh and going bonkers then our lot pished or off their faces.........

and I've said I'm probably no different if I went and euro games at Ibrox I'm out from 3pm on it...

However while it adds to the atmosphere no doubt at home on a Thursday night, you been on it all day in 40c we are fucked.

Thread provoking discussion on bus 9.

An official Rangers one thats driving hours from seville to be allowed to fly home by UEFA. Thats the same UEFA that denied us water and then turned off the taps.

Safe travels to those that can and do travel.

Go watch the xfactor the singing judges on here. You clearly dont follow Rangers anywhere or you would have had a ticket for punishment tonight.

Nah the fact you are having a go at people who got tickets to the game. check post #71 (yours)

You've flown to Manchester from Oz to do just that "I was there!"

Moaning that the wrong fans got tickets, again, you've flown around the globe in the hope you got tickets, makes you think you deserved a ticket then?

Perhaps pony up more than those that did!

Wrong again. I was offered tickets for me and the wife in Manchester but turned them down as I didnt think it was right for us as w'ed been out the country for over 2 years. I just wanted to be there like I was in 1972. Nothing to do with saying I was there. I didnt go to Seville though I could have.

I posted about this before the game. Basically begging fans to sing but knowing they wouldn't.

Absolutely pathetic but no doubt giving TBB laldy in some wee Spanish cafe.

It was very noticeable that we heard TBB trying to get sung in a UEFA match for the first time in years.

Clearly not fans who go regularly and know the score with FARE and the likes. Not our usual fan base tonight at all, and it really showed.

Don’t get me wrong, fans can’t kick a ball, but they can lift the team and our ticketing let the team down.

I dont think some of our support were the real support. Some glory hunters with money. Lots of it. That sucked it for us.

However, those Germans with that white tarpaulin over the second ring sponsor boards. I think they nicked them as a keep sake. Or to mess with the Sponsors. They will, or should be fined heavily for that. But won’t. Their support was better, overall. I don’t know if our support also drank too much day time and ran out of steam in that heat.

Anyways, let’s head home and go again!

This. Half our end were people on a jolly and kids.

That’s what happens when the real Rangers support isn’t getting in
Correct! Too many glory hunters get their hands on tickets for these games.

You know the type. "Rangers daft and travelled from Thailand". Always the first offering himself at the airport to a TV camera crew.

Wrong again. I was offered tickets for me and the wife in Manchester but turned them down as I didnt think it was right for us as w'ed been out the country for over 2 years. I just wanted to be there like I was in 1972. Nothing to do with saying I was there. I didnt go to Seville though I could have.

Sure you did!

It was very noticeable that we heard TBB trying to get sung in a UEFA match for the first time in years.

Clearly not fans who go regularly and know the score with FARE and the likes. Not our usual fan base tonight at all, and it really showed.

Don’t get me wrong, fans can’t kick a ball, burnet can lift the team and our ticketing ket the team down.

Good post.

There you go, Some one stating facts! How many times do we hear that the support is the 12th man, what about in the most important night if our lives? F**ked it!
Listen man if I was there I’d be in the same not but I’d sing my fucking heart out. It was poor from us considering we took up three quearters of the stadium. Too many folk went over hit it hard for days and burnt themselves out.

L
Only heard us after the goal for a few minutes. Pretty embarrassing considering how outnumbered the Germans were.

Im more annoyed at the fact hardly any of them stayed behind to applaud the team getting their medals. The Frankfurt fans were respectful and clapped our players.
tnf most were just trying to get taxis. My hotel is 10km outside the city and I’m myself . There’s hardly any taxis in this city

9,000 ultras versus 3,000 hardcore away regulars and 6,000 melts. Pals of a pal of a scaffolder, bisgrove gardeners uncle etc. Actually got told to sit down by the nob behind me numerous times. Robertson wouldn't have had any regulars in there if he thought he'd get away with it. Actually near begging folk to take tickets coz they kept so many back for corporate.

I have no idea how any one can say that our fans were dreadful tonight or that they cost us the game! There are many factors in it, but those who attended tonight paid a lot of their hard earned money to attend, that's support in itself surely

Back